BRAT outsold C,XOXO in the US this week. Why?

VeniceBeach

Camila stans in another thread told us that Camila is more popular than Charli, but in the end BRAT in its 4th week sold more than C,XOXO in its debut week. Also, Camila's album has a Drake feature and a solo Drake song, so why is that? Discuss :bird:

• Haha 8

Because it's album of the year, I don't understand the question. 

• Like 11

The comparisons are so ridiculous and I think some Charli fans are as messy as their Leo queen and enjoy the drama too much.

C,XOXO sounds and looks NOTHING like Charli. Let's move on.

• Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Neither of them are very good. Let's start there. You can't consistently dance to either of them and they are very underproduced. And there is nothing artistically interesting going on to merit the fact that they are both completely all over the place for all the wrong reasons. I could practically give both of them the same review. :dies:

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 14

I feel like Charli has a solid fanbase + queer backing. Camila's success seems to depend on whether the GP are into her in that moment or not. 

• Like 3

I was just discussing the marketing plan for Dinah Jane's next single with @Iceland and @Blank and we were stopped dead in our tracks SHOCKED by these numbers! With the amount of push, promo, and expensive features that have been rolled out this era, we were positive that Camilla was locked for at least a top 10 debut. WHAT HAPPENED?!

• Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

talent, quality and being a genre bending visionary (instead of a genre cosplaying copycat) will do that 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

Camila stans in another thread told us that Camila is more popular than Charli, but in the end BRAT in its 4th week sold more than C,XOXO in its debut week. Also, Camila's album has a Drake feature and a solo Drake song, so why is that? Discuss :bird:

wait, da **** :toofunny2:

I just checked, there's actually an entire song by only drake on her album - what in god's name :toofunny2:

• Haha 7

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Neither of them are very good. Let's start there. You can't consistently dance to either of them and they are very underproduced. And there is nothing artistically interesting going on to merit the fact that they are both completely all over the place for all the wrong reasons. I could practically give both of them the same review. :dies:

Idk man, not even the biggest Charli stan and I'll agree her album has been overblown by some, but all over the place as much as Camila's? Whose album has literally a random Drake solo song in the midst of it?? Did we listen to the same album?

EDIT: I hadn't read well OP's post and the replies before sending this but glad he pointed it out first

Edited by RoughOperator

11 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

And there is nothing artistically interesting going on

Ok ATRL user selena_lavigne :rip:

• Haha 14

Well Charli's not a talentless racist with zero artistic integrity and a personality of her own s:wan:

• Thanks 9

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RoughOperator said:

Idk man, not even the biggest Charli stan and I'll agree her album has been overblown by some, but all over the place as much as Camila's? Whose album has literally a random Drake solo song in the midst of it?? Did we listen to the same album?

I keep thinking they give me bad albums to listen to on Apple Music that are different than the ones you guys are listening to. That is my only conclusion. Idk maybe i should switch back to Spotify.

Edited by selena_lavigne

Because we're all still bumpin' that.

• Like 1

Wait, no way!! :deadbanana2:

7 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

Ok ATRL user selena_lavigne :rip:

Please. Stars Dance and Love Sux stomp on these albums. They are giving what these girls are trying so hard and failing to give. Ugh we used to be so spoiled. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Camila isn't very Julia.

23 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

Your post is all over the place not these albums. So if an album isn't something you can dance to they aren't as good as they should? :dies:

And do you want albums full of bops or something artistically interesting  cause...:rip:

• Like 2

I'm nowhere, I'm so Camila

Ah-ah, ahhhh

:hippo:

• Haha 13

11 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

I keep thinking they give me bad albums to listen to on Apple Music that are different than the ones you guys are listening to. That is my only conclusion. Idk maybe i should switch back to Spotify.

Nah it's okay girl ur entitled to everything but Spotify is actually fire (coming from a biased android user but shh)

Charli XCX buried Camila and gaslit her into thinking it was her persona

:rip:

BRAT is the album of the year

50 minutes ago, selena_lavigne said:

so confidently entirely incorrect!

Camila has yet to put out a fully enjoyable project whereas Charli has been consistent nonstop for like 10 years now. Her current success is a result of building a loyal fanbase and catering to what the fans actually want. I don't think any Camila fan was asking for a "urban" influenced album.

• Thanks 1

Camila is a flop, the general public doesn't care about her and she is over

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.