Charli XCX's "brat" serving extreme longevity compared to her past releases. Why?

naval23

Before "brat", her 4 studio albums spent a cumulative 8 weeks in the top 100 of the Billboard 200

Brat has already spent 3 weeks in the top 10 and is currently #11 in its 4th week.

Billboard 200 Chart Runs (Top 100):

brat (2024): 3-9-9-11

Crash (2022): 7-65 (2 weeks)

How I'm Feeling Now (2020): 111-OUT (0 weeks)
Charli (2019): 42-OUT (1 week)
Sucker (2015): 28-68-56-72-94-OUT (5 weeks)

What went right?

The whole response is giving lifetimes achievement award. There is nothing on that that album that she hasn't done better before. But, honestly, good for her. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

good marketing in a time where no one else is committing to their eras

• Like 1

Her best album yet and the quality of it spoke. Also great marketing.

• Like 9

great marketing great album

It's her best album and her most accesible for the GP, it's more rave/electropop than hyper pop.

It also had a very good marketing campaign (thanks atlantic) that attracted many new listeners outside of her fanbase.

Posted (edited)

The culture had finally caught onto charli- since Vroom Vroom she's been crafting a unique lane for herself and has been making quality content that's garnered a huge albeit cult fanbase. The fruits of her labor have finally fully bloomed and the mainstream said "yes" to TALENT :1stplace:

Edited by Zyill
  • Like 11

people connected with the songs

Under a month is "extreme longevity"? Lol

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, on the line said:

1 week to the top 100 to 3 weeks in the top 10 is extreme longevity  "compared to her past releases" being the key phrase - critical thinking is a skill!

• Like 9

she deserves this commercial success , and I feel this time she can feel happy to embrace it cause it's purely her essence and not a pop radio façade

1 hour ago, Stunnah said:

The whole response is giving lifetimes achievement award. There is nothing on that that album that she hasn't done better before. But, honestly, good for her. 

All of this

Because she has been serving and working her a off for a long time. It's nice to see her finally getting her flowers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zyill said:

The culture had finally caught onto charli- since Vroom Vroom she's been crafting a unique lane for herself and has been making quality content that's garnered a huge albeit cult fanbase. The fruits of her labor have finally fully bloomed and the mainstream said "yes" to TALENT :1stplace:

this

culture finally caught up, plus she continued the vulnerability shown on hifn which I think is a super important part of the discussion

2 hours ago, on the line said:

i mean, the stability of numbers is remarkable given that she's not pulling any taylor-style trickery 

1 hour ago, on the line said:

From someone who hasn't had a Top 10 US hit in over a decade, definitely yes.  It's legitimately impressive.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

i mean, the stability of numbers is remarkable given that she's not pulling any taylor-style trickery 

I just have a different definition of "extreme," but I also live somewhere that has fire season where "extreme" is the highest level of danger, but go off finding a way to irrelevantly shade Tay Tay!

marketing and bandwagon

31 minutes ago, on the line said:

I just have a different definition of "extreme," but I also live somewhere that has fire season where "extreme" is the highest level of danger, but go off finding a way to irrelevantly shade Tay Tay!

It's in no way irrelevant? Taylor is the charts 

She been serving unique quality releases consistently for years building her smaller but loyal fanbase and the GP finally caught on with her best album yet. The stars aligned perfectly for Ms XCX and I'm excited to see what she does next.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.