The Kumi Koda Singles Rate, Pt. 1 [winner revealed]

Suilen

Moon Crying is the highest-rated ballad from the highest-rated album, kind of an accomplishment when you think about it

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• Kyle-x

• Curaga

• Graves

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Graves said:

and THANK you @Suilen for doing another fun and educational J-pop rate for us. I love being schooled on divas and eagerly await the Kana Nishino rate :heart:

Is this your next rate @Suilen? :eli:

Just now, Britneyfan09 said:

Is this your next rate @Suilen? :eli:

The first rate where the host is the lowest scorer on every reveal :jonny5: A concept.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Suilen said:

CONGRATULATIONS!

The biggest hater:

3. Curaga (6.38) :3rdplace:

The way I'm the one who should've posted this :rip:: 

On 8/11/2024 at 1:06 PM, Graves said:

I... don't think I'm cut out to be a Kuu fan :suburban:

But no, my scores were lower on average because I tried to do a ranking instead of rating them what I actually thought they were out of 10 to boost my favs. I have been converted to Kuuism and she's my most played artist this year! 

Thank you so so so so so much for organizing and hosting this rate, @Suilen! and for delivering us the results even if you didn't like them nn. Cannot wait for part 2! :WAP:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you so much @Suilen for hosting this! It was so much fun and I can't wait for part 2 :heart:

• Like 2

@Suilen we love you, thank you for enriching the ATRL J-Pop community with these rates :gaycat:

• Like 5

Well, that was fun and a good opportunity for me to revisit her discography and gain a new appreciation for it, and I'm glad that the rate helped people get into her, too. I know that part 2 is a hard ask for many reasons, but I don't want to serve those compilation albums that say part 1 and never get a sequel, so let's try doing that maybe in late October-early November. Perhaps @Graves could bless us with an Ayumi discography rate in the meantime.

• Like 2

I'll try asking in the sign up thread again soon :suburban:

I am considering a Divas of Asia rate sequel in the J-pop thread sometime in the near future. Hope y'all look forward to it :gaycat1:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Britneyfan09 said:

I am considering a Divas of Asia rate sequel in the J-pop thread sometime in the near future. Hope y'all look forward to it :gaycat1:

That would be cute because I remember dragging some of those ladies and then ending up loving their stuff years later. I guess the line-up will be different?

6 minutes ago, Graves said:

I'll try asking in the sign up thread again soon :suburban:

I'm already mentally prepared that Curaga will drag M.

:suburban:

1 minute ago, Suilen said:

That would be cute because I remember dragging some of those ladies and then ending up loving their stuff years later. I guess the line-up will be different?

Some slight adjustments. The concept of the sequel is music the girls have released since the last rate, so basically late 2016-present. 

I was thinking of keeping Namie as she has enough new songs on Finally to add her into the rate but one could argue she should be replaced by Kana.

Want to drop A-Mei from the Taiwan list and add a couple of other K-pop artists who I think should've been included the first go round. Guess we'll see where it ends up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Britneyfan09 said:

one could argue she should be replaced by Kana.

Good luck booking that rate you speak of

mjTh2Xf.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Suilen said:

Good luck booking that rate you speak of

mjTh2Xf.gif

Djdjdjdj I'm keeping Namie! :emofish:

27 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Me, receiving her ballot:

• Haha 2

I genuinely couldn't see any other outcome tbh. TABOO is that girl!! Not C4U barely missing top 3 tho 

:chick3:
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Suilen said:

The promised user awards...

The biggest winner:

1. romiskes (8 10s, 1 11 and 1 9.5 in top 10) :1stplace:
2. D.D.D. (6 10s, 3 9.5s in top 10) :2ndplace:
3. Kyle-x (7 10s, 1 9.5 in top 10) :3rdplace:

CONGRATULATIONS!

Kumi Koda GIF - Kumi Koda Jpop Sticky - Discover & Share GIFs

TABOO might be #1 but i guess i'm the real winner here, thank you! j:heart2:kjk

Loved the results! @Suilen thank you for the amazing rate, everything was really well thought, loved the graphics! Can't wait for the part 2!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suilen said:

The promised user awards...

The biggest lover:

1. Kyle-x (8.87) :1stplace:
2. D.D.D. (8.49) :2ndplace:
3. Britneyfan09 (8.4) :3rdplace:

CONGRATULATIONS!

The biggest hater:

1. Galaxy (5.28) :1stplace:
2. Maresia (5.46) :2ndplace:
3. Curaga (6.38) :3rdplace:

CONGRATULATIONS! (I guess...)

The biggest wordsmith:

1. Kyle-x (61/61 songs commented on) :1stplace:
2. Graves (57/61 songs commented on) :2ndplace:
3. AMIT (45/61 songs commented on) :3rdplace:

CONGRATULATIONS!

The biggest supporter:

1. Kyle-x :1stplace:
2. Curaga :2ndplace:
3. Graves :3rdplace:

CONGRATULATIONS!

The biggest winner:

1. romiskes (8 10s, 1 11 and 1 9.5 in top 10) :1stplace:
2. D.D.D. (6 10s, 3 9.5s in top 10) :2ndplace:
3. Kyle-x (7 10s, 1 9.5 in top 10) :3rdplace:

CONGRATULATIONS!

the way I TANKED omg

chair35.thumb.gif.68280adadf8a8578e02038

I don't even mind to see TABOO winning since yeah, of course I actually stan for it and it's one of my fave songs ever. So even when I lose I still win. :ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Britneyfan09 said:

Want to drop A-Mei from the Taiwan list and add a couple of other K-pop artists who I think should've been included the first go round. 

I consider this a personal attack and a challenge to a death fight.

mjTh2Xf.gif

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AMIT said:

I consider this a personal attack and a challenge to a death fight.

mjTh2Xf.gif

Mess! :emofish: Well... after this strong feedback Namie and A-Mei are staying.

mjTh2Xf.gif

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Britneyfan09 said:

Mess! :emofish: Well... after this strong feedback Namie and A-Mei are staying.

mjTh2Xf.gif

Well, I'm not against replacing Namie since I'm not looking forward to listening to those garbage Finally songs for the first time in 7 years, she just needs a better replacement, maybe Ami or Miliyah

mjTh2Xf.gif

Edited by Suilen

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Curaga said:

The way I'm the one who should've posted this :rip:: 

But no, my scores were lower on average because I tried to do a ranking instead of rating them what I actually thought they were out of 10 to boost my favs. I have been converted to Kuuism and she's my most played artist this year! 

Thank you so so so so so much for organizing and hosting this rate, @Suilen! and for delivering us the results even if you didn't like them nn. Cannot wait for part 2! :WAP:

Hmm, I think that I actually like this top 10 even though others may not because it's a good representation of her music. A ballad, some pvssu-popping stuff, some classic stuff, some basic stuff (cough physical thing cough), some rock stuff, some experimental stuff etc. I do prefer BUT as a winner because, like the comments said, it was pretty daring to be released a single, but I don't dislike TABOO either (my score was 8.5), it's just that it'd been winning before I joined the forum, it was winning when I just joined the forum, it's winning years later after I left and came back and will probably continue winning in some pre-forum closure rate in 2030.

pw7ttSs.gif

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Suilen said:

Curious why you get the impression I would pan this? :suburban: Just heard it for the first time and it's pretty good! The guitar solo was maybe a bit out of place, but not completely.

Ugh, I'm so excited for an Ayumi rate :jonnycat: I've been listening early in preparation, trying to get more familiar with all the songs!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.