• Like 1

not a bad song, but I'm intrigued by the nishino lore injection :lakitu:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

Oh this autotune smash :jonny: 

a bop :katie2:

• Like 1

Was Moon Crying that impactful?

It kind of sounds similar to a lot of other diva ballads to me. Namie's All For You comes to mind. And that song already had shades of "huh, I think I've heard this before..." :skull:

Posted (edited)

17. 1000の言葉 (1000 no Kotoba aka 1000 Words)

hg3UGXr.png

misonos: Fevesy, Britneyfan09, poki, confide in me (10)

Newtsters: Suilen (5)

It sure felt like she sang 1k words in this song. Anyway, all the tea will be there for its sister song. When is it coming, I wonder?

Curaga: "Legendary because of FFX-2, but I prefer Jade Valerie's version this time, oop 🙊"

Kyle-x: "Y'all gotta get into the remix on "Driving Hit's 2" because it's excellent"

Fevesy: "This song sends me cause when I was straight still as a kid, me and my only girlfriend were so obsessed with this ksjdgko"

Graves: "Kind of corny but the instrumentation is still pretty."

poki: "the basketball avi of the youtube account always there while I watch the video is so..."

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Graves said:

Was Moon Crying that impactful?

It kind of sounds similar to a lot of other diva ballads to me. Namie's All For You comes to mind. And that song already had shades of "huh, I think I've heard this before..." :skull:

Nah, Yume No Uta is the impactful one, a million sales in ringtones, won a bunch of awards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Fevesy: "This song sends me cause when I was straight still as a kid, me and my only girlfriend were so obsessed with this ksjdgko"

Oh wow...

6206a24152888cf7101514f939af45ffef5e4947

• Haha 2

always liked this one

grow into one supremacy :gaycat2:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Suilen said:

poki: "the basketball avi of the youtube account always there while I watch the video is so..."

@poki now what is this

• Haha 1

Welp, I definitely let my nostalgia help score this one nn but I do like the song of course. 

I never had a couple song. Closest I got was maybe playing Vulnicura for my very ambivalent boyfriend-at-the-time.

6206a24152888cf7101514f939af45ffef5e4947

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Now why is the remix on Driving Hit's 2 scrubbed from streaming services, at least in my country. At least I have my files in iTunes but I wanted to link it for the girls :suburban:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

16. Butterfly

7X7FgSU.png

misonos: romiskes, Kyle-x, UrMom, D.D.D., confide in me (10)

Newtsters: poki (4)

It might not be her most successful song, but it did establish her ero-kawaii image. The photos from the CD and the video caused quite a furor back in the day. It also won the Song of the Year at Japan's equivalent of Grammys, and Kumiko made her debut at Kouhaku with the song. So yeah, a rather significant song to her career.

Kyle-x: "Cutie Honey's sluttier older sister. The b-side "Your Sunshine" is really good too."

getinthezone: "the song that started it all"

AMIT: "not bad, I like the chorus, but overall I think she did this sound better on Crazy 4 U and even on her Cutie Honey cover"

Graves: "Just sounds like a lesser Cutie Honey to me?"

BEST ~first things~

Average: 7.22

xuYF3r9.png

45. Promise – 6.93

39. flower – 7.05

37. Star – 7.09

16. Butterfly – 7.82

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

Now why is the remix on Driving Hit's 2 scrubbed from streaming services, at least in my country. At least I have my files in iTunes but I wanted to link it for the girls :suburban:

I was just gonna say, I can't find it even on YT... 

Also, I saw the title "1000の言葉 (Shohei Matsumoto & Junichi Matsuda Remix)" and thought it was the guy from Pokemon, but I guess his name's Masuda

:suburban:

Edited by Curaga
  • Haha 2

Wish No Tricks had been a single. Can't say I'm torn up to see this album go though.

Obviously people were only buying it off of the strength of her early singles and their secret love for Come With Me...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curaga said:

I was just gonna say, I can't find it even on YT... 

Also, I saw the title "1000の言葉 (Shohei Matsumoto & Junichi Matsuda Remix)" and though it was the guy from Pokemon, but I guess his name's Masuda

PoKodamon crossover:jonny:

I lowkey expected this to be in the top 10 :omg: but at least it got pretty close. I absolutely love this song

2 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Kyle-x: "Cutie Honey's sluttier older sister. The b-side "Your Sunshine" is really good too."

Finally a B-side I actually knew about beforehand lol 

Love both Butterfly and Your Sunshine :jamming:

3 minutes ago, Suilen said:

Graves: "Just sounds like a lesser Cutie Honey to me?"

nn this is so real:suburban: but I scored Butterfly higher anyway

• Like 2

not a bad placement for it!

surprised flower did better than Promise, though

The next one was described by one user as being 'too LGBT' for them. A j-pop emergency?

• Haha 1

Just now, Suilen said:

The next one was described by one user as being 'too LGBT' for them. A j-pop emergency?

I hope it's BUT and not TABOO!

qd5wopu.png

It is kind of funny that First Things entire disc one is all of the songs people didn't buy.

Like yes, rewrite history a bit. Those weren't flops! They were featured on a 2mil selling album :sistrens:

• Haha 3

Just now, Curaga said:

Finally a B-side I actually knew about beforehand lol 

Love both Butterfly and Your Sunshine :jamming:

I'm seeing on spotify that Your Sunshine has 23,000 streams but the other b-side Taisetsu na kimi e has 526,000 streams :rip: they chose the wrong song to show some love

I'm never using Word to prepare the reveals again.

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.