• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• Kyle-x

• Curaga

• Graves

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Fevesy said:

The ballad hate is appalling, if I see Promise done bad..

:suburban:

Well...

45. Promise

L9xMcOn.png

misonos: AMIT, Fevesy (10)
Newtsters: Galaxy (3,5); Curaga (4)

Not bad, but Star ate her up.

Kyle-x: "She was giving FULL DRAMA in the video."
getinthezone: "idk about this one"
Fevesy: "Her best ballad to me and probably my favourite Japanese ballad ever!"
Subomie: "Bland but seems like it might be fun for karaoke at least?"

Smh her ballads are being done wrong :gaycat6:

44. LAST ANGEL (feat. TVXQ)

YVeP6Hh.png

misonos: romiskes, Kyle-x, poki (10)
Newtsters: Fevesy (1)

I'm the biggest misandrist on this forum, but I can acknowledge when men snap (or when women snap despite them). What is this doing so low?

Curaga: "Chorus is kinda catchy, but these men... no, ma'am."
Kyle-x: "Two of my faves collabing and serving up a hot track, what more could I ask for? The b-side "Dear Family" is a lovely song as well."
getinthezone: "birthed k-pop"
Fevesy: "Honestly I do love TVXQ! but I can't listen to this song. At the 2 minute point I just had to turn it off"
AMIT: "a dance banger"
Subomie: "Kind of cool, got some foreboding vibes to it. World ending bop."
Invisibility: "This and Ayu's song were having a mother-off. Ayu won, but this is still excellent and the chemistry with Tohoshinki flows well."

One of her better collaborations. 

People really lost the plot here, like dragging men is funny when the song is bad, but not when it's a bop like this.

10.gif

The next song has 2 11s, I feel sorry for them, and they're again nowhere to be found.

• Like 1

I can't believe her best collab is out so low, wtf

Posted (edited)

43. So Into You

w9yNEQ0.png

misonos: @Kyle-x, @AMIT (11)
Newtsters: Fevesy (4)

Sorry for a different heart shape, it looked awkward with the usual one, and the song already suffered enough.

Kyle-x: "One of her best singles ever, full stop. She was turning it out in the video as well."
getinthezone: "its all over the place kinda"
AMIT: "legit one of her best songs AND MVs, an all-around collapse"
Meloetta Carey: "I feel like this is where her sound and style seem to come together. Maybe that's hyperbolic, but it just feels right"

Subomie: "This is more like it. This one has a more funky rhythm than some of the earlier singles."

Edited by Suilen
  • Like 1

most of the songs that i was expecting to be top 20-10 are out before the top 40.

Kumi Koda GIF - Kumi Koda Sad Pout - Discover & Share GIFs

Posted (edited)

42. 奇跡 (Kiseki aka Miracle)

kiseki.png

misonos: AMIT, D.D.D. (9); Meloetta Carey (8,9)
Newtsters: Curaga (4)

The Japanese Wikipedia has a pretty extensive article on the song, something about her wanting to be a ballad singer from the start, but she didn't get a chance to release ballads as singles, so she was happy when she got enough support to release this.

Curaga: "That funny fake string reminds me of the Brawl remix of Bramble Blast"
Kyle-x: "She was turning out the looks in the video."
getinthezone: "boring"
AMIT: "the last chorus is pure eargasm, one of her best ballads"
Meloetta Carey: "sing *****!"
Subomie: "Pretty. Would fall asleep to this."

Edited by Suilen

Last angel out already???? You guys hate guitars and men collaborators so much it's unreal

• Like 2

Finishing off with a song with the most 10s so far...

41. love across the ocean

yN8lFCC.png

misonos: Kyle-x, AMIT, Subomie, Invisilbity, poki (10)
Newtsters: Meloetta Carey (4,8); romiskes, Fevesy, Frappucino (5)

Looking for the visual for this one sent me to some freaky places on the Internet.

Kyle-x: "So damn good. The single cover of this is weird, why is she bathing in semen? An easter egg for things to come?"
Subomie: "Oh, she's spitting some bars here. Cute! Like Take Back's older sister."
poki: "P!nk is shook!"

• Like 1

NOT the best pre-BEST single out already... I feel very attacked right now

2 hours ago, Suilen said:

YVeP6Hh.png

I'm the biggest misandrist on this forum, but I can acknowledge when men snap (or when women snap despite them). What is this doing so low?

Kyle-x: "Two of my faves collabing and serving up a hot track, what more could I ask for? The b-side "Dear Family" is a lovely song as well."
Fevesy: "Honestly I do love TVXQ! but I can't listen to this song. At the 2 minute point I just had to turn it off"
Invisibility: "This and Ayu's song were having a mother-off. Ayu won, but this is still excellent and the chemistry with Tohoshinki flows well."

Oh not this absolute smash being done dirty 

• Like 2

43. So Into You

w9yNEQ0.png

Sorry for a different heart shape, it looked awkward with the usual one, and the song already suffered enough.

Kyle-x: "One of her best singles ever, full stop. She was turning it out in the video as well."
Meloetta Carey: "legit one of her best songs AND MVs, an all-around collapse"
Subomie: "This is more like it. This one has a more funky rhythm than some of the earlier singles."

WAIT did we really BOTH give it our 11?! @AMIT now that's crazy :jonny5:oh the taste my sister

• Like 1

ZASwWm5.png

The Japanese Wikipedia has a pretty extensive article on the song, something about her wanting to be a ballad singer from the start, but she didn't get a chance to release ballads as singles, so she was happy when she got enough support to release this.

A beautiful song :clap3: but the average of the score serving 69 tells me the fomos want her to serve sex not ballads

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Suilen said:

yN8lFCC.png

Looking for the visual for this one sent me to some freaky places on the Internet.

Kyle-x: "So damn good. The single cover of this is weird, why is she bathing in semen? An easter egg for things to come?"
Subomie: "Oh, she's spitting some bars here. Cute! Like Take Back's older sister."

Ugh the early singles are too underrated for my liking :khalyan:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gentle Words is literal perfection how could you guys ?? :monkey: 

I'll try doing the next set on Sunday around the same time (7pm UTC/3pm EST), maybe it will be busier, weekend and all. Then one batch during the working week, and I'll probably save the top 20 for the next weekend.

• Thanks 1

I guess the early singles aren't that popular :jonny: To me they could be kind of samey at times but were easily the most consistently good singles run of her career. So into you and love across the ocean are both top ten worthy :sosad:

5 hours ago, Subomie said:

I guess the early singles aren't that popular :jonny: To me they could be kind of samey at times but were easily the most consistently good singles run of her career. So into you and love across the ocean are both top ten worthy :sosad:

to me they are not bad songs themself but at that time Kumi had yet to develop her own style, both personality and vocally, so they sound like they could be sang by anyone. I'd like to think her first two albums as Rihanna's first two mixtapes.. they had the same vocals run :suburban:

Edited by D.D.D.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Suilen said:

43. So Into You

w9yNEQ0.png

Meloetta Carey: "legit one of her best songs AND MVs, an all-around collapse"

screaming :ahh:

I'd love to say that we won't be seeing the first three albums for a while but there's one more loss to suffer soon...

Sorry I missed the 2nd half of the reveals after saying the time worked for me :sad: I completely forgot I was supposed to go to my parents' last night and then I was panicking when I got a "Where are you?" text :clown:

13 hours ago, Suilen said:

YVeP6Hh.png

nn sorry for laying it on a little thick with the misandry this time. I don't dislike this song, but I just think most of the other singles were better, so I ranked it pretty low :sorry:. I just relistened to it and it's just missing a little something for me... 

43. So Into You

w9yNEQ0.png

Meloetta Carey: "I feel like this is where her sound and style seem to come together. Maybe that's hyperbolic, but it just feels right"

Not a song with two 11s being out already! :deadbanana2: I like the singles from affection well enough, but the vocal performances on them is what keeps them from being my favorites, kinda like @D.D.D. said 

ZASwWm5.png

Same situation as LAST ANGEL for me: not a bad song by any means, but I just like other songs/ballads better in this group, so I placed this one lower than the others. 

yN8lFCC.png

ok now this was a bop... I definitely scored this too low. :dancehall:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.