Is this the ultimate MPG comeback?

Josh

220px-Tina_Turner_Private_Dancer_US_CD_cover_art_1984_original.jpg

This album is why the word legend was created the only pop girl eras that match this are; Shania Twain's Come on Over, Whitney's Bodyguard era

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

YES! I love Tina turner and this is nothing but facts.

i would say mariah's TEOM but this is good too.

• Like 1

This, Ray of Light and TEOM. But probably this since Tina was in really bad shape before this album while Madonna and Mariah still had some power.

And Kylie with Fever 

Posted (edited)

I'd also include Cher, switching from this:

To this ..

To this ..

To this ..

As she has more transitions/ re-inventions.

Edited by Dante Silva
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my vote is for mariah. two number 1s, including one of the longest running of all time, plus what could've been a third, had she not blocked herself.

a timeless masterpiece with insane ww commercial success and massive critical acclaim.

she was so back

• Like 2

I actually came here ready to talk about Tina.  I think you are right.  

• Thanks 1

Well yes. Tina Turner was an icon

Yes + Cher. Cher and Tina were completely written off, especially Cher, before their comebacks. Mariah just had a couple under performances before teom.

Legendary comeback. Yes. :clap3:

That and Mariah's TEOM.

Both Tina and Mariah had rough years prior to their comebacks, so that made their success sweeter.

• Like 1

Oh absolutely. She went from total irrelevance (her last few albums hadn't charted anywhere) to global superstardom. :clap3:

Chappell from this:

To this:

Posted (edited)

Tina Turner had a Glorious comeback.

And Cher:

At 52/53, Cher with Believe and the Cher Effect changed music, had a #1 Billboard Hot 100 Hit and the #1 Hot 100 song of 1999. 

At 50, In 1996 Cher did OK with Its a Man's World album #64 (10 weeks on the Billboard 200 Album chart) 

The single One by One reached #52 on the Billboard Hot 100 (14 weeks on the chart) #9 on the Billboard AC chart (16 weeks on the chart) and #7 on the Billboard Club Play chart (12 weeks on the chart) 

In 1996 Cher acted in and directed a segment of HBO If these Walls Could Talk

Edited by MichaelW

On a global scale absolutely

Other options being: Confessions on a Dance Floor, Ray of Light, My Love is Your Love

Beyoncé with DIL after she was cancelled within an inch of her career for how she treated the DC girls 

Tina and Cher for sure had the biggest comebacks among female artist both previous era were terrible and both in a way had to re-introduce  themselves to the gp and built new support. Madonna and Mariah comebacks are impressive but both clearly had an active fanbase still supporting them which allowed then to rebuild interest with the gp.  

someone like xtina needs a comeback like this. She still has the talent to make a comeback but she completely written off by the gp right now! 
:skull:

Posted (edited)

It's always going to be Emancipation considering the depths she came from. Locked in a mental hospital with a label head sabotaging her and Glitter bombing being literal mainstream, worldwide news for an entire summer to IFPI year-end #2 album, 10 million WW, two #1s, and Song of the Decade.

Edited by suburbannature
  • Like 1

Though Diana Ross had released solo albums and films non-stop throughout the 1970s. This 1980 album put her back front and centre of the charts and spawned the classics "Upside Down" and "I'm Coming Out"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.