• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kern

• djcalpal

• wraith

• RideOrDie

Top Posters In This Topic

This album really is phenomenal and one of a kind… i'm still in awe. I was highly anticipating it, and they still managed to blow my expectations.

What a fine piece of work and mastery in every corner… wow

• Like 2

oh good LORDDDDD they both ******* ate :WAP:

HOLY ****. They released another masterpiece :clap3: Ooh the Ballad of Matt and Mica getting me emotional- this and The Beginning being some of my favorite closing tracks ever AHH!

• Like 2

Yesterday I was getting tattoo and then went to sleep, now at work so I couldn't even process the album fully but I will do so in the evening

But for now I think 'She Looked Like Me!' is my favorite track from the non-singles. It's just a great opener.

The transitions are also sickening

and I love how this and Mercurial World album feel like two different planets in the same galaxy - they kinda share the same universe but have different worlds and take inspiration from different places

Edited by Kern
  • Like 2

It's good but I got distracted while listening so I need to listen again but the song transitions>>>

17 hours ago, uusagii said:

They're most likely getting a Pitchfork BNA :jonny5:

7.7 :rip:

This album is unhinged, it is so good :jonny5: Pitchfork is kinda rotted for giving this a score below what they gave Mercurial World 

great great record, but after first full listen I am not sure if better than Mercurial World

• Like 1

This is insaneeeee wtf

7.7 from pitchfork :angel: **** off 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HonourableVomit said:

7.7 from pitchfork :angel: **** off 

Literal trash review. Deserved at least an 8.

I feel like this year their scores have been all over the place - they almost never get it right somehow :rip:

• Thanks 1

phenomenal from front to back. Cry To Me is that girl :jonny4:

• Like 1

Wow, they really topped their debut in terms of experimenting. It's really well produced and constructed! Sometimes the constant shifting around can get overwhelming but I think that will only yield more rewarding relistens. 

Edited by Uncatena

love my coworker but my GOD everyone i work with is the biggest chatterbox! i got to work almost 4 and a half hours ago and only NOW i'm able to finally start my first listen of this :dies: alright here goes though

• Like 1

daaaammmnnnn

okay so I was finally prescribed an adderall booster for my late shifts since my vyvanse wears a bit towards the middle of my overnight shifts and I just took it and Killing Time feels SO perfect for the focus/alertness/clarity I'm  feeling rn lol :jamming: BRILLIANT SONG!

Watching TV girl those sounds around 1:45 scared the sh*t out of me :jonny3:

TUNNEL VISION OMFGGGGG THESE PROG ROCK VIBES YESSSS HONEY TURKEY MOTHAF*CKA IT'S TRUUUUUUUUUE!

tumblr_oa0uurVRsC1vybzspo1_400.gif

Good morning to this excellent release, being long n' sour really won

• Like 2

That disk was inserted and I'm definitely feeling it :mandown: Thank you Magdalena Bay for the best release of 2024 :clap3:

• Like 1

phenomenal first listen :clap3: onto my next one and then i'll obsess over this a bit more later lol

This is overwhelming so far. I appreciate the more experimental approach but what I was expecting from them is to deliver the psychedelic, EUPHORIC and UNHINGED pop they served with Mercurial World.

Image and Vampire in the Corner are the faves so far

6 hours ago, Kern said:

7.7 :rip:

Giving Geordie Greep's bloated '70s pastiche a Best New Track yet snubbing one of the shining beacons of pop...............

Pitchfork is DONE

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.