Did Xtina's label have the right idea to have Come on Over to be remixed?

Josh

Posted (edited)

Album Version

Radio Edit

Would the single be a pop classic if it had been the album version that was made the single?

Edited by Josh

Xtina's the 1 that wanted the song remixed. Get it right!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A-V-XYZ said:

Xtina's the 1 that wanted the song remixed. Get it right!

I always thought she preferred the album version

Both versions slay.

:jamming:

I prefer the video/radio version over the one on the album. It was right to have the song remixed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I always thought the Remix elevated the song.  The breakdown and bridge starting at 2:19 are everything. :jonny5:

The original is still a bop though and probably would've been just as big of a hit. :jamming:

Edited by BeenTheShit
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Josh said:

I always thought she preferred the album version

No she asked for both WAGW and COO to be remixed. If I remember correctly the label wanted so emotional to be the last single. 

I do think that when you put your hands on me could've been a single after COO and done well 

It was a bop either way but that remix and that dance break took it to the next level 

• Like 2

Both versions are amazing but the radio edit remains superior and a classic. 

The single / radio edit is one of the greatest pop songs to come out that era.

2 hours ago, Mtjjproducer said:

No she asked for both WAGW and COO to be remixed. If I remember correctly the label wanted so emotional to be the last single. 

I do think that when you put your hands on me could've been a single after COO and done well 

Love for all seasons should have been a single I would swapped I turned to you with this 

The remixed version is the second best song in her discography, so the right choice was made.

The video version is even better, with that little dance break right before the bridge.

yes. it's also her first writing credit. which means she technically has writing credit on her debut era and also her debut writing credit hit #1 :clap3:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, popmusicisdead said:

yes. it's also her first writing credit. which means she technically has writing credit on her debut era and also her debut writing credit hit #1 :clap3:

Imagine this. Such a talented young girl. 

3 hours ago, Mtjjproducer said:

IDK what the standard was back then, I assume 5 singles. So Emotional should've one, its just so good!, but I feel like all the singles they chose were good choices.

It's a perfectly crafted pop era (music wise at least).

Ven Conmigo >>>> the rest of the versions.

Yes. The remix is a lot stronger tbh

the OG is very cute, but the rihmix is giving CVNT energy and that's the version we stan :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Trash said:

IDK what the standard was back then, I assume 5 singles. So Emotional should've one, its just so good!, but I feel like all the singles they chose were good choices.

It's a perfectly crafted pop era (music wise at least).

Ven Conmigo >>>> the rest of the versions.

Ven conimigo is basically just like original album version of come on over baby which is why I always find it weird that people prefer the remixed/video version more. 

29 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

Ven conimigo is basically just like original album version of come on over baby which is why I always find it weird that people prefer the remixed/video version more. 

I never noticed that, I guess I was too focused on the difference in lyrics in both languages to notice the production.

Yes. The single version slaps way harder than the album one. They made the right choice considering it became a #1 hit.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Mtjjproducer said:

Do we know why a Spanish version of So Emotional was done but never used? I don't think it was ever a B-side either because the quality of the videos I see on YouTube is far from CD quality

Edited by ChooseyLover

Both versions slay, but yes I prefer the Radio edit. :gaycatina1:

4 hours ago, ChooseyLover said:

Do we know why a Spanish version of So Emotional was done but never used? I don't think it was ever a B-side either because the quality of the videos I see on YouTube is far from CD quality

I think because they originally wanted it as a single. Same thing for get mine get yours. That was planned to be a single at some point that never happened. They recorded a Spanish version to likely do a Spanish version if it became a single. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

I think because they originally wanted it as a single. Same thing for get mine get yours. That was planned to be a single at some point that never happened. They recorded a Spanish version to likely do a Spanish version if it became a single. 

That sounds likely tbh. Dame Lo Que Yo Te Doy makes me wish we got a Spanish Stripped so bad. Imagine the slayage.

• Thanks 1

I prefer the album version :emofish:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.