Gaga's debut untouched since 2009. Why?

Lagerfeld

Posted (edited)

If we look at the artists that have debuted in recent times, while they have had Grammy wins or #1s or sales, they have yet to exhibit the cohesion, artistry, dare, and risk of what Gaga did during her debut.

Why hasn't any other pop girl taken the risks to bring us something fresh? Even Chappell Roan, who is called "the next GaGa"... falls flat in comparison.

Lady Gaga writes 'love song' to Alexander McQueen | The Independent | The  Independent  LOS ANGELES, CA - SEPTEMBER 12, 2010: Lady GaGa at the 2010 ...

f39502581490c0eafa1badc8e25ed8bfef91a460

LA MAISON GAGA — FASHION CREDITS: “THE FAME MONSTER” BY HEDI...

Lady Gaga - Born This Way (Official Music Video)

Performers at the 2022 VMAs: Will any musicians rival Lady Gaga's  blood-soaked performance of Paparazzi in 2009?

ne7LodF.gif 

Edited by Lagerfeld
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

:rip:

Stans simply underestimate how difficult it is to achieve what she achieved. :coffee:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

History is repeating itself, monsters are becoming the Madonna stans that said the same stuff about Gags back in the day. Pop music will always have theatre-fashion-artsy-fartsy queens. :intoit:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Am I the only one who thinks her debut is her worst album :rip: 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tylerbv said:

Yes

:ryan3:

PopGa is THE popstar, that's why. The over the topness and campiness weren't gimmicks as the girls thought back then. It all came natural to her and she had the material to back it up too.

• Thanks 2

Her quality dipped so comparatively low afterwards that I think the magic of her early eras was really to the credit of the creative directors and team she had back then. She herself was the weakest link of the whole affair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

4 minutes ago, Treason said:

Yes

:ryan3:

:clack:

And it's gonna remain untouched 

but imo Born This Way was the best Gaga era 

Ah yes. A throwback post :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator
39 minutes ago, Tylerbv said:

Yes you are 

If someone tried to pull a GaGa it would feel reductive, as Madame XXX once said. It's alright, every era has its own kind of stars, people just need to be authentic and have organic success, it doesn't need to be a frenzy everytime you know.

• Thanks 2

Not sure why everyone is spamming this thread with graveyard emojis.

Its true. Lol

51 minutes ago, ThomasTea said:

History is repeating itself, monsters are becoming the Madonna stans that said the same stuff about Gags back in the day. Pop music will always have theatre-fashion-artsy-fartsy queens. :intoit:

Basically this 

Lady Gaga had vocals and the Camp together. That's what made her standout. Everything is not just about her eccentric looks. She was talented in general.

She had a better team, although they abandoned her along the way.

1 hour ago, Femalien said:

Her quality dipped so comparatively low afterwards that I think the magic of her early eras was really to the credit of the creative directors and team she had back then. She herself was the weakest link of the whole affair

i agree. You can say the same about katy perry and maybe dua lipa too

Because she was the last pop star to debut in the monoculture era. She was dynamic and exciting. But also, everything was more impactful then.

nostalgia is one hell of a drug

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.