If Taylor works with Kevin Parker (Pop Girl Poison), would she underperform?

Julia Fox

Now that Radical Optimism it's out and it's a certified underperformance for Miss Dua Lipa, we would say Kevin Parker (aka Tame Impala) has a way to make the pop girls underperform/flop now that he did it twice with Gaga on Perfect Illusion. But would he save his ass as the pop girl poison reign working with Taylor Swift? Or would she underperform still? Thoughts?

She doesn't need a new producer to end with the same bland and tired lyrics about her high school exes and how much did she suffer in her past relation:pig:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Single-wise, yes. But the album would still smash. You guys need to realize people don't listen to Taylor because of how impressive or not her production is. It's all because of what the song says. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

Single-wise, yes. But the album would still smash. You guys need to realize people don't listen to Taylor because of how impressive or not her production is. It's all because of what the song says. 

It's not like she did very well single-wise this era. Fornite completely collapsed after two weeks.

Posted (edited)

She would debut at #1 with the single and then drop harder than Fortnite.

Edited by Roberto

Just now, Space Cowboy said:

It's not like she did very well single-wise this era. Fornite completely collapsed after two weeks.

And I didn't say otherwise 

• Like 1

Who cares. He would be the most exciting thing to happen to her discography since Dessner in 2020 at least. She'll still smash regardless.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I am so tired of ATRL treating insanely talented mega cutie Kevin Parker who has a flawless discography as some devil & a "poison" :chick3: he's more than just a "pop girl producer"

• Like 1

Not really - she's basically immune to flopping or meaningfully underperforming for at least the foreseeable future. I think she'd do well enough with him since she could spin it similarly to what happened with Folklore, depending on what they make together.

I suppose on the other hand that anything she does in the future will be less successful than TTPD, though - it's definitely her most commercially dominant era album-wise and there's no room to grow from here IMO. Sure, Fortnight wasn't another Anti-Hero or Cruel Summer, but I think we're past evaluating Taylor primarily based on singles success.

• Like 1

Just now, Kayseri Mantisi said:

I am so tired of ATRL treating insanely talented mega cutie Kevin Parker who has a flawless discography as some devil & a "poison" :chick3: he's more than just a "pop girl producer"

I know and I love Tame Impala but let's be real, his works with pop female singers never succeed and that's fine. He's great at his lane and that doesn't take him away the amazing musician he is. So don't be a cry baby 

I would not doubt her, considering attempts by other major pop artists to go to Dessner to produce their own Folklore/Evermore failed miserably.

Kevin fails because he tries to make his Tame Impala sound basic pop and not make pop music more exciting with his sound. He sounds confined when working with the girls and I wonder if it isn't a bit of label interference. Taylor would have to return to the 1989/Reputation style of writing for it to maybe work. Her current writing makes the words take all of the space and they would clash with the production. 

• Like 1

People listen to Taylor because they live and breathe Taylor (for the most part)..they will eat up anything she releases at this point and it's not changing any time soon. 

I thought TTPD was BAD BAAAAAD yet my bestie who is a major swiftie drinks it up like it's the foundation of youth. Tay could release some garbage like Woman's World and it will still smash (look at Me!, YNTCD, The Man...)

• Like 2

He's not a good pop producer for anyone but himself, it's true.  Houdini was excellent but everything else was bland as hell.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Mind you it has more weeks in top 20 than TEXAS HOLD 'EM

Most of the producers Taylor worked with have a very different approach than with all their other collaborations. Very likely due to how she has a big input in the creation of her music.  Both lyrically and production wise.

Jack & Aaron out of their Taylor works are kinda khia commercially wise
Joel Little the inverse situation (Although overall he was/is in a rolldown since his work with her so might not only be the inverse situation)

And even Max Martin had good acclaim earning him his first GRAMMYs thanks to their 1989 work

And even soundwise you can notice differences with other artists

So even if Kevin Parker was truly a poisson idk if it'd work the same with Taylor, it could "flop" (under her own terms duh) as well but might be different in a way

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

It's not like she did very well single-wise this era. Fortnite completely collapsed after two weeks.

She's never beating the witch allegations

:clack: 

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.