If each US region had a Hot 100 chart?

Virgos Groove

ey77bdn841.jpg

Basically a reverse European Hot 100 / Global 200 experience.

Would there be any noticeable differences? Would any act overperform in one region and flop in the other?

spacer.png

currently um

west: the weeknd / kendrick lamar

south: morgan wallen / beyoncé

north: taylor swift / nicki minaj

midwest: drake / ariana grande

Nicole Scherzinger would smash in Hawai'i

Ice Spice and Cash Cobain would be bigger on the North 100 chart than anybody else rn. Especially the latter, but they would flop elsewhere. Both local regionally.

North 100 would also probably be the worst. Love my region down but the taste level rn is abysmal. 

I can picture Peso Pluma dominating south :eli:

they would be more similar than one would assume, I think.

but I can definitely see some fun shakeups, like Kehlani charting some songs off her album in the West.

Definitely. I live in an area (half the size of Texas) with a regional chart that differs frequently from the main weekly chart. With the U.S. being so much larger, there are bound to be regional variations. I assumed different parts of the U.S. already had their own regional charts TBH.

In the same way Netflix and Amazon know a great deal now about the popularity of different portions of content on their platforms, I wouldn't be surprised if I-Heart Radio have a cyclical, regional chart for different parts of the U.S. that they simply don't publish.

Ava Max tops Wisconsin'a album chart for 48th week :clap3:

• Haha 1

the west would probably be all Spanish, south/midwest Country, and North pop...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.