Left wing alliance SNATCHES France election, far right in 3rd in exit poll

Gwendolyn

France just dodged a huge bullet here. But this won't be the end of Le Penazi I'm afraid. That wicked witch is still gonna be there haunting us all with her ghastly presence.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MP3

• Communion

• Miracle

• Dante Silva

Labour in UK, Left Wing alliance in France - Europe is BACK! Long live moderate and left wing governments ! 

• Like 10

i knew people wouldn't let them win. :jonny:

people were quick to call the entire country racist in the other thread :biblio:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

France just dodged a huge bullet here. But this won't be the end of Le Penazi I'm afraid. That wicked witch is still gonna be there haunting us all with her ghastly presence.

Yeah this is just a very first step, but it's the small victories that lead the way :clap3:

Good to see France pulling back from the brink. A heartfelt merci France!

10 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

I'm so confused, the media made it seem like the far right were definitely gonna win this time :rip: 

Well done France :clap3: 

yeah but thankfully people got together and voted against them to stop them….. and trust me it was painful for a lot of them 

4 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

i knew people wouldn't let them win. :jonny:

people were quick to call the entire country racist in the other thread :biblio:

I mean this won't magically make racism in France disappear. The amount of people voting for RN is still alarming.

It is definitely a major win and a relief though. I have family, relatives, and friends living there and they have been nervous about it for weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Uhm not that I'm mad about it but what happened?

1 minute ago, Starkboy said:

French Radios played Bruxelles je t'aime on repeat for the entire week and it brought leftists and moderates together #streamNonanteCinq

jk

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I didn't except such a big drop for FN but :clap3: 

Not @beautiful player disliking all my comments in the original thread, cry :ahh: 

Edited by Squall
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

I'm so confused, the media made it seem like the far right were definitely gonna win this time :rip: 

Well done France :clap3: 

13 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

From what I understand the left and the center parties stopped competing with each other and strategically pulled out unpopular candidates from competing against more popular ones to make it easier for each other's candidates to win and to keep far right candidates out

Edited by Illuminati
  • Like 3

This is historical, because not only Le Pen is likely gonna be third place, but the left is #1...It's scary but I think if Macron renounced being the president, Melenchon could be the next president of France.

This is the biggest defeat to the far right in a long time

• Like 3

Marine Le Pen will focus more on winning presidency in France rather than forming government so this won't be the last of her 

• Thanks 1

For now... STOMP STOMP STOMP 

GLZBjZX.gif 

• Haha 2

The RN is noneless the only party to gain both in popular votes and seats, all the others lost percentages and seats

It took a coalition of centre/left/far-left parties (some with radical opposite positions) to block a single party, the fear was real

Le PANNED just can't stop losing. :3rdplace:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I mean this won't magically make racism in France disappear. The amount of people voting for RN is still alarming.

It is definitely a major win and a relief though. I have family, relatives, and friends living there and they have been nervous about it for weeks.

sure, just like any other country. however, today's results are yet another proof that the majority of the country does NOT want the far right or the right in general in power

• Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, MP3 said:

The RN is noneless the only party to gain both in popular votes and seats, all the others lost percentages and seats

It took a coalition of centre/left/far-left parties (some with radical opposite positions) to block a single party, the fear was real

The RN was gonna win percentage and seats either way because Macron did a horrible job, but it's clear that France is not as divided  as, idk, America and that a huge majority of french people would rather vote people they don't like than let the far-right win.

Also the far-left and the left is probably gonna get to 200 seats, that's not counting the around 10 left-leaning indepents winning. France really took a turn to the left. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

So is the narrative about Europe swinging right mostly overblown? UK, now France. I understand Germany is definitely moving right and possibly The Netherlands, but is there any other case where that's happening?

Not that it should, but it gives me a small amount of hope that the US isn't turning as right wing as it looks :rip: 

Not enough people will vote for Biden citing "cognitive decline" as the reason. By half way through Trump's second term he will over-rule the U.S. constitution and the left will discover our right to demonstrate has been cancelled as the U.S. pivots to Gilead:

Edited by Dante Silva
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

So is the narrative about Europe swinging right mostly overblown? UK, now France. I understand Germany is definitely moving right and possibly The Netherlands, but is there any other case where that's happening?

Not that it should, but it gives me a small amount of hope that the US isn't turning as right wing as it looks :rip: 

These seem too different of political realities to be congruent to one another.

The UK saw a decade-plus of conservative rule eventually collapse due to unpopularity and incompetence, but with that came liberals destroying any left movement by purging Labour of its left-wing cohorts and doing things like pushing virulent transphobia, only for the most conservative voters to abandon Tories for the far-right Reform.

The UK seems several steps behind France in the rise of the far-right as opposed to ahead of it in defeating the far-right.

Both of these realities not really applicable to the US where a two-party duopoly keeps.a partisan pressure valve in play and Americans end up checking out / voting for the couch when burnt by their "side" as opposed to in a parliamentary system being given the option to vote for a 3rd option while still voting tactically.

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1

Totally brilliant! Hopefully Le Pen is dead before the right can seize power.

3 minutes ago, Miracle said:

The RN was gonna win percentage and seats either way because Macron did a horrible job, but it's clear that France is not as divided  as, idk, America and that a huge majority of french people would rather vote people they don't like than let the far-right win.

Also the far-left and the left is probably gonna get to 200 seats, that's not counting the around 10 left-leaning indepents winning. France really took a turn to the left. 

France needs to fill a political gap between RN and Ensemble-coalition, a real right party, something less populist then RN but more conservative then Ensemble. Even with 200 left seats, there is still 377 seats non-left, which are mostly on the centre/centre-right/far-right side, so to say that France took a left turn, not sure about it, mostly France showed that what they want is a balance between far-right and centre

• Thumbs Down 1

I remember vividly reading here on ATRL just one or two weeks ago about how Macron downfal would lead to a right wing government. Maybe it's not so bad afterall

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.