Joe Budden claims Camila x Drake is to distract from racist past

Diet Pepsi

The Camila stans are jumping hoops trying to downplay as much as possible and throwing whataboutisms all over but it's not working. And 5 bucks says Joe just found out about this because he just focuses on the hiphop world. The only reason he's even mentioning it is because Drake is invovled and it's after one of the greatest rap beefs of all time.

Justin is not getting dragged rn cuz he's not releasing an album this week with two features from Drake. Also the n-word controversy is one of many he has. So using him as an example is useless.

SZA is probably gonna have to keep apologizing for the rest of her career cuz the homophobic tweets are gonna keep coming back at her after every new release.

Camila stans just have to deal that this marketing ploy sucks, the music hasn't hit the GP like it should and using Drake as a clutch backfired on her big time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• family.guy123

• professor2000

• dirrtydiana

• Trent W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, JC. said:

This just screams that you are playing victim everytime Camilla gets brought up. "Harmful Racism" make it sound like she assaulted someone or discriminated against someone when all she did was share some tasteless  posts. I am black myself and I definitely do not sit on what she did and pretend like I am affected by it. It just feels very parasocial if someone lets this affect them and that point, just log off and go outside. 

In other words you don't care about her making disgusting racist statements and that's probably because you aren't black. If you don't care that's expected because you weren't the target, but don't insult actual black people and dismiss our feelings about racism targeting us.

Edited by san784
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Boysdontcry said:

Yeah I'm not reading all that. I'm happy or sorry it happened to you.

First off you didn't need to read it because they weren't responding to YOU.

Second, yes cuz dismissing a Black person's feelings about racism isn't why we're even in this discussion in the first place 🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)

it's crazy how Camila is bombing into oblivion and people are still trying to wack her as if she has any ounce of a career left but Morgan Wallen is still getting #1s and breaking records with his critically panned albums but no one wants to have any discourse around him.

Camila has apologized for her past, has constantly supported the black lives matter movement and is trying to learn and do better. Nothing is coming out of this conversation anymore so I don't understand why we need to have to have it every week. But to each their own. But if we have this smoke for Camila, we better not be streaming Justin either when he drops a new single. I'm all for holding Camila accountable but if we're not going to this for anyone then let's wrap it up lmao 

Edited by BussC,XOXO
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Trent W said:

So she had to apologize and take "racial healing" classes for reposting offensive memes when she was 13?

And people are still coming for her?

Tbh that's insane.

People still drag J.Lo til this day for using the N word on a song back in 2001 even though she apologized. Not saying they don't have the right to be upset but I just don't think J.Lo was ever racist. Tone deaf? Absolutely but not racist. People change over time. It's usually easier to target a woman. Fat Joe and Eminem have used the N word but they don't get the same backlash J.Lo and Camilla gets. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BussC,XOXO said:

it's crazy how Camila is bombing into oblivion and people are still trying to wack her as if she has any ounce of a career left but Morgan Wallen is still getting #1s and breaking records with his critically panned albums but no one wants to have any discourse around him.

Camila has apologized for her past, has constantly supported the black lives matter movement and is trying to learn and do better. Nothing is coming out of this conversation anymore so I don't understand why we need to have to have it every week. But to each their own. But if we have this smoke for Camila, we better not be streaming Justin either when he drops a new single. I'm all for holding Camila accountable but if we're not going to this for anyone then let's wrap it up lmao 

What is this lie? The Man is literally called a racist every time he's mentioned on this site!!! Yall keep blaming the wrong people when it comes with him. Minorities don't fw him. But because the racist white people like him so much and he does country that's why he's popular. 

Justin is gonna be popular because of racist white people are not gonna give a f. Especially now that's he's been gone for so long. Even then people are still gonna bring up 1 less lonely n-word.

If you wanna blame people for Camila continually getting whacked for her Tumblr BLAME THE GP who's not supporting her not the stan world. She has the double edge sword of minorities not fing with her cuz the racist pasts and racist white people not fing with her cuz she's Latina and a woman. Any other excuse is just that...an excuse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

It's hilarious how using Drake to try and move on from her racism and repair her image has completely backfired on her. :lmao:The Kendrick/Drake beef happening and Drake's own image being destroyed at the worst possible time for her, just when she was getting ready to drop the feature that she thought would revive her career. :lmao: I can just imagine her screaming and throwing things at her manager behind the scenes when Meet The Grahams and Not Like Us dropped. :lmao:

It has also exposed her racism to more people who weren't originally aware of it. And then you have her stans with the usual "OMG it was so long ago, get over it xx" gaslighting BS, which doesn't work in general, but especially will not work on people who have only just learned and heard about it. Having obnoxious pop stans who don't even care about racism trying to tell you that it's not a big deal and that you should just shut up about it and stream her music is not going to go down well, and only adds to the resentment and disdain that people will have for Camila.

Camila stans seem to think that she's the victim here, but all of this stems from her own actions. If the weak PR apology they keep referring to was actually genuine, then she herself will agree that this is her own fault and will accept responsibility for any damage it has done to her career.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

38 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

People still drag J.Lo til this day for using the N word on a song back in 2001 even though she apologized. Not saying they don't have the right to be upset but I just don't think J.Lo was ever racist. Tone deaf? Absolutely but not racist. People change over time. It's usually easier to target a woman. Fat Joe and Eminem have used the N word but they don't get the same backlash J.Lo and Camilla gets. 

Once again, mentioning people that get dragged for these things already :rip: Fat Joe has half of my twitter mutuals blocked for this ****. Stop.

57 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

What is this lie? The Man is literally called a racist every time he's mentioned on this site!!! Yall keep blaming the wrong people when it comes with him. Minorities don't fw him. But because the racist white people like him so much and he does country that's why he's popular. 

Justin is gonna be popular because of racist white people are not gonna give a f. Especially now that's he's been gone for so long. Even then people are still gonna bring up 1 less lonely n-word.

If you wanna blame people for Camila continually getting whacked for her Tumblr BLAME THE GP who's not supporting her not the stan world. She has the double edge sword of minorities not fing with her cuz the racist pasts and racist white people not fing with her cuz she's Latina and a woman. Any other excuse is just that...an excuse.

okay 🫶🏾

And we are listening to this man who abuses women why?

he ain't the shir on the heel

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, camilacabelloslaps said:

She was 13 and reposted a few memes

I'm convinced accounts on atrl posting this lame excuse are either paid people or her team because there's no way y'all are listening much less enjoying the screeches she releases.

1)she was 15+ reposting extremely disgusting, violent and even misogynistic posts about black celebrities while being a few feet away from them at the events 5H would be getting into!

2)she was well into her mid 20s when she admitted in her half assed apology that she is a racist and had to attend anti racism courses and didn't stop black 💁‍♀️ gate from happening on her jimmy kimmel appearance 

3)she's pushing 30 and she didn't stop the kkk looking album cover from being made. She's been using black artists to benefit her since the start and drake isn't the right one for damage control

Edited by dirrtydiana
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

The paragraphs defending racism in this thread :deadbanana4:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, camilacabelloslaps said:

She was 13 and reposted a few memes, people still running with this racist narrative are truly pathetic and embarrassing. She's a full adult now why are you still attacking her for something she did as a kid, apologized for and learned then changed from. 

At 13 I knew not to be racist.

• Thanks 4

So is she supposed to … avoid black people now? What do y'all want from her lmao 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, camilacabelloslaps said:

She was 13 and reposted a few memes, people still running with this racist narrative are truly pathetic and embarrassing. She's a full adult now why are you still attacking her for something she did as a kid, apologized for and learned then changed from. 

I mean…she still

reposted the memes, so I'm not surprised it keeps brought up.  People still bring up stuff Nasmaraj said years ago.  Anything on the internet lives forever. 

Also, she tends to get Black rappers featured on her stuff.  I noticed this even before Drake.  I think she should probably just avoid that altogether.  Because the optics are indeed bad given the history (albeit many years ago).   

Who knows if it's intentional or not…but the optics are bad either way.  

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2024 at 12:45 PM, family.guy123 said:

So is she supposed to … avoid black people now? What do y'all want from her lmao 

Yes, avoid featuring Black rappers.  Because it looks like she's using the culture to progress her career (Young Thug, DaBaby, Playboi Carti, LNX, and now Drake). Seems like a fair trade to me.

She can most certainly get hits without them (Señorita, NBTS, etc), so it's not even that necessary.  It's just crazy that no one from her team considered how this looks…even if she's not intentionally doing it.

In a weird way it calls more attention to the blog reposts (hence the Joe Budden clip). 

Edited by professor2000
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Marla Singer said:

It's hilarious how using Drake to try and move on from her racism and repair her image has completely backfired on her. :lmao:The Kendrick/Drake beef happening and Drake's own image being destroyed at the worst possible time for her, just when she was getting ready to drop the feature that she thought would revive her career. :lmao: I can just imagine her screaming and throwing things at her manager behind the scenes when Meet The Grahams and Not Like Us dropped. :lmao:

It has also exposed her racism to more people who weren't originally aware of it. And then you have her stans with the usual "OMG it was so long ago, get over it xx" gaslighting BS, which doesn't work in general, but especially will not work on people who have only just learned and heard about it. Having obnoxious pop stans who don't even care about racism trying to tell you that it's not a big deal and that you should just shut up about it and stream her music is not going to go down well, and only adds to the resentment and disdain that people will have for Camila.

Camila stans seem to think that she's the victim here, but all of this stems from her own actions. If the weak PR apology they keep referring to was actually genuine, then she herself will agree that this is her own fault and will accept responsibility for any damage it has done to her career.

Literally THE WORST timing.  :gaycat6:  I'm surprised they didn't pull the features once the Kendrick beef happened. 

13 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Yes, avoid featuring Black rappers.  Because it looks like she's using the cultural to progress her career (Young Thug, DaBaby, Playboi Carti, LNX, and now Drake). Seems like a fair trade to me.

She can most certainly get hits without them (Señorita, NBTS, etc), so it's not even that necessary.  It's just crazy that no one from her team considered how this looks…even if she's not intentionally doing it.

In a weird way it calls more attention to the blog reposts (hence the Joe Budden clip). 

Why just black rappers though? It's ok for her to use Willow?  

7 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Why just black rappers though? It's ok for her to use Willow?  

I just say that because that's who she typically runs to for her first singles.  That's when I took notice of the trend.  

Again, maybe it's a coincidence but this kinda started with "Havana" (Young Thug) and "OMG" (Quavo). 

Camila stans dying on the hill of the "fake" screenshots lie is so funny. The only "receipt" being edits that her fans made or her friend denying it as a PR move.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

One thing about KKKTRL yt gays, they will always go the extra mile to defend their racists and try to silence black voices. Like a clockwork.

Edited by Gossip_Boy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, professor2000 said:

I just say that because that's who she typically runs to for her first singles.  That's when I took notice of the trend.  

Again, maybe it's a coincidence but this kinda started with "Havana" (Young Thug) and "OMG" (Quavo). 

Ok so if from now on her albums explicitly feature no black people and she never collaborates in a musical capacity with a black person ever again, how would that look? Do you think she'd be criticized for it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

One thing about KKKTRL yt gays, they will always go the extra mile to defend their racists and try to silence black voices. Like a clockwork.

I'm personally indifferent towards Camila but we're not a monolith. If other black people want to keep bringing her racist past up they have every right to do so. If she didn't want to have that dark cloud following her then she shouldn't have engaged in racist activities in the first place. It really is that simple.

Also if you're not black sit this one out. I'm tired of white people giving their unwanted opinions on things concerning us and us ONLY.

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

41 minutes ago, family.guy123 said:

Ok so if from now on her albums explicitly feature no black people and she never collaborates in a musical capacity with a black person ever again, how would that look? Do you think she'd be criticized for it?

She shouldn't be stepping into a recording studio period! Stop forcing and polluting the airwaves with that chipmunk noice that comes out of her mouth 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.