Lady Gaga - Paparazzi | Turns 15

naval23

Released as the 4th single of Gaga's ubiquitous smash era "The Fame"

It was the only radio #1 single of The Fame era and peaked at #1 in Germany and went top 5 in 20+ countries and peaked at #6 on the Hot 100.

The video won two MTV Video Music Awards in 2009 for Best Art Direction and Best Special Effects.

It is currently certified 5x platinum 

• Like 8

Oh Godarazzi. And the way the subject matter and vibe became a perfect bridge into TFM era

Rob Fusari was being shady when he said it but he described the instrumental being disjointed on purpose so that it could reflect her… and he was right!

I still remember when I first heard this song on the radio and thought Gagz sounded like Gwen, esp. in the bridge, then I saw the video and was like "oh she's taking it".

Can we talk about the immaculate piano section she made for the intro? And the accoustic version?

The song and performances that made me get into Gaga's music. Since then, a little monster for life! Truly one for the history books and one of the most iconic singles! 

Her VMA performance is still legendary and out of the world. 

Wish she didn't release Bad Romance so soon and let this song grow massively. Would have given space for both of these songs to be No 1.

What a song.. Just dance - Poker Face - Paparazzi... Bad Romance... What a debut run :jonny6:

TF singles still sound so fresh whilst having a retro sound. We saw this again for Future Nostalgia. It's extremely hard to catch this balance without just sounding dated when doing dance-pop. 

Paparazzi is also great as it showcases her perfect pop tone and voice before she lost this and transitioned to a more mature vocal.

Edited by Mr. Stratus
  • Like 2

She had a flawless singles run in the fame era

Just Dance>Poker Face>LoveGame>Paparazzi>Bad Romance>Telephone>Alejandro

literally an insane serve.

• Like 3

incredible song

the VMA performance was instantly an iconic moment :jonny: even generations that didn't see it at the time recognise its power. i always see it crop up on tiktok

Hands down one of the best pop songs ever created 

i don't think i've met or seen anyone who disliked this song 

she did that :heart2:

her singing tone here is absolute gold , so pleasant to the ear , she has never recreated the studio version live

Edited by MaxMartin

An absolute gem. The song, the video, the performances. Everything was peak Gaga :gaygacat5:

The VMA performance is also up there with some of my favorite performances ever. Still so shook by it (2009 VMAs were so iconic!) :jonny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.