Boxer Ryan Garcia debuts Racist rant; expelled by World Boxing Council

Kool_Aid_King

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/05/sport/ryan-garcia-expelled-wbc-racist-remarks-spt-intl/index.html

Ryan Garcia in action during a media workout at World Class Boxing Gym on April 9, in Dallas.

CNN
 — 
Ryan Garcia has been expelled by the World Boxing Council (WBC) following a social media livestream where he repeatedly used racist and discriminatory language against Black people and Muslims, per the Associated Press.

"Exercising my authority as president of the WBC, I am hereby expelling Ryan Garcia from any activity with our organization," WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman posted on X, formerly known as Twitter.

"We reject any form of discrimination."

Garcia posted a form of apology to X but has since deleted the post.

"I was trolling I want all the killing to stop," Garcia posted, per the Associated Press. "I love everyone sorry if I offended you."

CNN has reached out to Garcia's representatives for comment and is yet to hear back.

Garcia's family released a statement following his expulsion from the WBC citing the boxer's mental health issues, per ESPN.

"Our family unequivocally does not support any statements [Garcia] has made regarding race or religion – these do not reflect who Ryan truly is and how he was raised," the Garcia family statement said.

"Those who know Ryan can attest to this fact. Ryan has been open about his ongoing struggle with mental health over the years and as a family we are committed to ensuring and encouraging that he receives the necessary help to navigate this very challenging time and address both his immediate and long-term well-being."

Sulaiman added in his post that the WBC has offered Garcia "multiple attempts" to help with mental health and substance abuse.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BussC,XOXO

• Trent W

• Kool_Aid_King

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes only 25 too.

Wow.

He seriously needs to seek therapy but not a psych hold. He just needs proper care in a good approach type of way

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I used to follow him on IG cause he's hot and posted a lot of thirst traps, but then he started to give bipolar vibes posting some really weird unhinged stuff and came out as a Trump supporter. He's not well mentally but he's also trash.

• Like 2

He'll probably appear as a guest at the next RNC, screaming on-stage about something, something WOKE!11!111

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I've seen his name before on instagram from accounts reporting some outrageous things he's said. Not surprised that he's absolute garbaj 

Oh…. I used to want to gobble up his cock.

and before anyone drags me bc of my name  i'll ask Camila if they're taking any more applications at her racist summer camp. :chick3:

Edited by BussC,XOXO
  • Haha 9

but all jokes aside this is ******* weird and disgusting mental illness isn't excuse for this **** at your big ******* age :deadbanana2: the way you managed to throw in every slur imaginable and then have the ******* audacity to say we need to kill george floyd again? **** this dude he doesn't need to have any chance at having any type of career ever again what the **** :mazen:

Edited by BussC,XOXO
  • Like 1

Ok, I just heard what he said and wow, he's trash and the idiot thought he was untouchable, well I guess he's not :sistrens:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Will ATRL start to stan him now?

They already do it seems

PgRDVMs.thumb.gif.42c6364ed4cf066255f69c

• Haha 1

What did he said? I don't understand a thing he is saying.

I used to follow him because he's hot and cute but he's just been posting a lot of trash content lately, I wonder what happened to him to have this decline in his mental health like... before he seemed very focused on his career and now he's just looking controversy.

• Thanks 1

The way the statements just... got worse and worse as they went on.

> *saying he hates Muslims and all Muslims are pedophiles*

> *saying he hates black people, calls himself anti-black*

> *says they should resurrect George Floyd just so they can kill him again*

> *says '**** Jews" and that he supports Hitler*

:deadbanana4:

• Thanks 1

CTE really does a number on you

he's been on a decline, and acting erratic for a few years now. Hope he gets helps 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Romova99 said:

I used to follow him because he's hot and cute but he's just been posting a lot of trash content lately, I wonder what happened to him to have this decline in his mental health like... before he seemed very focused on his career and now he's just looking controversy.

This!!! After he lost to Tank it went downhill for him. He seems to be in some controversy every other day. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.