Why Italians are skinny legends?

vale9001

According to the new 2024 data about the obesity rate on every country Italy is between the ones with less fat people. (10.4% of the population). 

As you can see the only countries with a better rate are sadly countries are also some of the poorest countries in the world (so obvious reasons), while Italy is in the top 15 of the richest countries in the world. 

How italians can stay this skinny despite all the pasta?

Discuss. 

spacer.png

It's because there's only one Italian pop star that knows how to eat and that's miss Isabella Parigi :clap3:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, tost1 said:

Then why are Americans obesse?

they eat too much Italian

E_60IHxVEAcexKQ.jpg

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Kimi said:

probably toxic mentality and diet culture

Exactly 

-

OT; living in Italy and lemme tell you; if you're fat you will be looked down upon and be socially excluded, so everyone tries not to be fat :bird:

Edited by KeshaSwift

I think it's a mix of:

- Smaller portions

- General quality consciousness regarding food

- More negative social consequences if overweight

My impression of Italians is that they value cooking much more than take out and fast food

• Like 1

for us it's normal to walk outside at least once a day IDK touch some grass y'all 6jqr4Zd.gif

fashion capital of the world (France houses THEE luxury brands, but so does Italy and Italy has a lot of smaller brands that still make an impact), cities are designed to be walked through, being hot is promoted at every opportunity

45 minutes ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

I think it's a mix of:

- Smaller portions

- General quality consciousness regarding food

- More negative social consequences if overweight

My impression of Italians is that they value cooking much more than take out and fast food

Italian boys eat a metric ton. Italians will let food sit overnight. I actually think what I see here in the Netherlands, people are so much more conscious of healthy food. It's the insane beer culture that holds the Netherlands back for example. 

Coffee and hard liquor play a huge role in Italians staying skinny.

i would imagine they walk a lot more?

we north americans will drive our car one km to the corner store. italians would probably walk it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.