Looking for Female Adult Contemporary Recommendations

New Edition

I'm looking for Female Adult Contemporary singers to add to my playlist. Something like early Mariah/early Whitney/early Celine. Adele. From any era really.

I'm also curious if this genre is dead and if so what happened to it?

Anita Baker - Rapture

Sade - Diamond Life

Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

Everything But The Girl - Amplified Heart

Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes

Some great albums in the realm you are looking for I believe <3

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

So just like big vocalists?

Stream Chemistry :eli: 

But also stream Meaning of Life because that did have a lot of influence from artists like Whitney and Mariah (but mainly Aretha)

Music Box

Whitney Houston debut

Adele - 21

Celine's greatest hits

Bonnie Tyler - Faster Than the Speed of Night

Chaka Khan - I Feel for You

Some of Brandy's Never Say Never

1 hour ago, Slayn said:

Anita Baker - Rapture

Sade - Diamond Life

Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

Everything But The Girl - Amplified Heart

Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes

Some great albums in the realm you are looking for I believe <3

You kind of snapped and I thought of Sarah too. This is not my preferred zone but Rapture is another Mom classic. Fiona Apple's first three albums kind of fit in this realm? Maybe Alanis but I don't know her post-Jagged content as well. Just thought of Sheryl Crow.

@New Edition I don't think it's dead with the size of AC radio as a format but we don't hear as much about the new class of artists especially online. Makes sense with shows like American Idol becoming less popular.

2 hours ago, New Edition said:

I'm looking for Female Adult Contemporary singers to add to my playlist. Something like early Mariah/early Whitney/early Celine. Adele. From any era really.

Do you know about Delta Goodrem? She is like the Australian version of Celine/Mariah/Whitney. She wrote Eyes On Me for Celine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, New Edition said:

If you're looking for a more recent act, I'd definitely recommend you Freya Ridings, which could fit in the AC genre with a contemporary edge.

She's got an amazing voice, great melodies and two strong albums! It shouldn't take you long to discover all of her music.

• Like 1

Not necessarily similar to the albums you listed but these two albums are excellent and are a #1 on my AC household 

And before Adele in the UK, there was Dido. Such one of my fave singers in the world 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SoldierofLove said:

U must be a fellow Canadian!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

Not necessarily similar to the albums you listed but these two albums are excellent and are a #1 on my AC household 

And before Adele in the UK, there was Dido. Such one of my fave singers in the world 

That Day is THAT bop. 

On 7/5/2024 at 9:06 AM, New Edition said:

Stream this classic by mother:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.