Sexyy Red debuts concerning ticket sales

Armani?

Arenas? when 95% of the GP wouldn't be able to name a single song of hers to save their lives :ahh:

• Like 3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CandleGuy

• JBJT2786

• Nicolette

• TiaTamera

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why isn't she doing more shows in the east coast? I would go! 

2 hours ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

Who told her she could sell arenas:bibliahh:

This seems to be a continual trend these days. Why are labels pushing for arenas? Why is no one staying within their lane and starting with theaters? :deadbanana: 

1 hour ago, CandleGuy said:

Her existence makes me so mad. Tired of these plants put out here by rich white folks to purposefully model negative behaviors to the black community.

Glad she is being rejected despite being forced down our throats everywhere.

This is such a crazy comment. I don't even like her music, but the girl is just being herself, just like cardi b was years ago. Like it or not, there are many people like her who are inspired by her success. Somehow cardi's ratchetnes was ok, and sexy's isn't. Why?

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Armani? said:

Screenshot-20240704-223106-Samsung-Notes

If you're gonna be cutting the capacity of these arenas essentially in half in order to have a semblance of hope of selling tickets why not just go to a venue that actually has an appropriate capacity. 

• Like 1

Who told her she could do arenas, to begin with?

giphy.gif

ooop me and my girlz will be in attendance :gaycatney4:

1 hour ago, Wicked said:

You more likely to hear Sexyy Red outside than the others because she has the best ear for beats of any female rapper, but that doesn't amount to wanting to go see her lol. No reputation for good shows + all her shows be having dumb **** happen at them. She should be doing clubs and theaters at best. 

She could have a crazy set at the right club night, come back and charge more for admission, build up a loyal audience in key markets and grow organically. But right now imagine driving to the So&So Bank Arena and buying overpriced drinks for your family, paying for parking… at the Sexyy Redd concert. :laugh: Wouldn't do that for too many artists lately but I wonder if the labels spend so much money they decide big venues are the only option. My man can't stand her either and thinks she's a bad influence but for me to her credit she's delivering more entertainment than plenty rap girls right now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SLIME said:

She could have a crazy set at the right club night, come back and charge more for admission, build up a loyal audience in key markets and grow organically. But right now imagine driving to the So&So Bank Arena and buying overpriced drinks for your family, paying for parking… at the Sexyy Redd concert. :laugh: Wouldn't do that for too many artists lately but I wonder if the labels spend so much money they decide big venues are the only option. My man can't stand her either and thinks she's a bad influence but for me to her credit she's delivering more entertainment than plenty rap girls right now.

She don't even have enough good songs for me to even think about doing any of that ****. My man don't fw her neither, but I will defend her a bit because I don't think she's doing anything that different from other mainstream female rappers. I think it's more rooted in pretty privilege ****. They are all shaking ass for the 'gram in thongs, they are all rapping about getting piped down and getting head. She doing it over better beats tho lol. People get selective and weird about her "well they're better rappers!", that **** hasn't mattered in years. WAP was a #1 song for goodness sakes lmfao. Most of the girls in the mainstream are in the same category for me as drill rappers (from chicago, florida and New York)- y'all rap about the same **** with only slight variation in beat and rhyme style. Some good songs come out of it but mostly its all a blur lmfao

Edited by Wicked

She's toured small ish theaters last year and it was a good time. I feel like greedy managements setting the artists up with these unrealistic bookings, no one is going to see Sexyy Red at an arena for $200 :rip:

Edited by Prodigal Self
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nicolette said:

This is such a crazy comment. I don't even like her music, but the girl is just being herself, just like cardi b was years ago. Like it or not, there are many people like her who are inspired by her success. Somehow cardi's ratchetnes was ok, and sexy's isn't. Why?

Um because she's a Trumpette plant here to sway the black vote and I'm right :coffee2:

And Cardi's was never okay, a culture vulture if I ever saw one. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CandleGuy said:

Her existence makes me so mad. Tired of these plants put out here by rich white folks to purposefully model negative behaviors to the black community.

AGREED

Her Hometown ( St. Louis) being ONLY 40% is SENDING ME!!!

Even they don't want ha. This is sad and hilarious :bibliahh:

1 hour ago, Braz said:

Why would anyone pay to see this?

At least she sounds like the song? 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952rescr7ns09tn6835f9

11 hours ago, CandleGuy said:

People are slowly waking up

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPREXgQPK/

I would love to see her live idk, just in a smaller venue and at a more reasonable price

Edited by Zyill

10 hours ago, Nicolette said:

Let's not :rip:

Cardi at least has redeeming qualities. She's funny, likeable, charming, and it's not hard to see why people rallied around her in the beginning.

She also managed to link with some great producers and put out some bangers. She's not a good rapper but she might as well be Tupac compared to Sexyy Red.

Sexyy Red had a viral moment or two, linked in a clearly paid promotional deal with Drake, and has been unavoidable since despite looking like Young Thug in a wig and having the charisma of a shoe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I gotta appreciate her bravery to book arenas...

giphy.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.