How would you rank the 'Teenage Dream' singles by impact?

Imagine Dragon

If you rank the six 'Teenage Dream' singles from the most to the least impactful, how would your list look like?

Current YouTube Views

California Gurls - 734,994,442

Teenage Dream - help, it is geo-blocked :rip:

Firework - 1,475,012,910

E.T. - 689,968,844

Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - 1,511,320,473

The One That Got Away - 1,025,641,566

Spotify Streams

California Gurls - 840,667,088

Teenage Dream - 773,053,347

Firework - 1,078,576,131

E.T. - 604,384,742 (362,305,323 original + 242,079,419 remix)

Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - 1,184,535,772 (1,164,069,028 original + 20,466,744 remix)

The One That Got Away - 1,236,905,251 (933,916,568 original + 302,988,683 acoustic)

Firework > CG > LFN > TD > TOTGA > ET

• Like 1

at least the perception i have its:

California Gurls 

Last Friday Night

The one that got away

Teenage Dream

Firework

ET

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Imagine Dragon said:

The One That Got Away - 1,236,905,251 (933,916,568 original + 302,988,683 acoustic)

Talent winning :clap3:

OT: Firework > California Gurls > TOTGA > Teenage Dream > Last Friday Night > ET

• Like 1

It is crazy how difficult it is to rank them. :rip:But I will try like this:

1. Firework - basically a classic anthem for every celebration

2. Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - it will always be relevant every single Friday

3. The One That Got Away - I would say this is the single of the album that stood the test of time the best and will be one of her signature hits when it's all said and done

4. Teenage Dream - the cult classic, but I think it is overshadowed compared to the first three on my list

5. California Gurls - a tough one because everything around this song is perfect, but...

6. E.T. - which is shocking considering how popular it was initially

I would say that E.T. is the only one without any significant impact. But I wouldn't be shocked if it goes viral in the near future. :rip:

Edited by Imagine Dragon

LFN is lowkey a classic ngl.

I think out of all the singles, this had the most replay value I've heard throughout the years.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Imagine Dragon said:

2. Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - it will always be relevant every single Friday

3. The One That Got Away - I would say this is the single of the album that stood the test of time the best and will be one of her signature hits when it's all said and done

4. Teenage Dream - the cult classic, but I think it is overshadowed compared to the first three on my list

5. California Gurls - a tough one because everything around this song is perfect, but...

I would say that E.T. is the only one without any significant impact. But I wouldn't be shocked if it goes viral in the near future. :rip:

Pretty much this. If you told me 13 years ago that LFN and TOTGA would be more remembered than E.T. and rival Firework, Teenage Dream Greatest and California Gurls, I wouldn't believe you 

• Thanks 1

These numbers :WAP:

NOBODY is topping this era in pop music ever again. It was the last of its kind. 

i think impact-wise it's:

1. Firework

2. California Gurls

3. Teenage Dream

4. Last Friday Night

5. The One That Got Away

6. ET

7. Wide Awake

8. Part of Me

of course this ranking is based on overall impact and recognizability among the public. Recurrent streams-wise it's different. 

Edited by Witnessed ET
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Imagine Dragon said:

I would say it's only a matter of time before ET goes viral. If Wide Awake can go viral, why not ET lol. 

Firework: obvious classic

Teenage Dream: people always mention the title track when talking about 'the perfect pop song' or the likes

Last Friday Night

The One That Got Away

California Gurls

<<Wide Awake>>

E.T.

<<Part Of Me>>

• Like 1

Wow tough question

I just know that ET is the least impactful, unfortunately. It's the best

Firework is the easy answer but I feel like it's not as known as its stats suggest??!?? Might be bc I'm european and some of the other singles felt bigger.

Time being the ultimate truth teller though, I think that TGIF came out of nowhere and scalped the other girls. Don't know how it happened but I hear it on the radio and on some local tv commercials lately.

1. "Firework"

2. "California Gurls" featuring Snoop Dogg

3. "Teenage Dream"

4. "E.T."

5. "Wide Awake"

6. "Part of Me"

7. "The One That Got Away"

8. "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)"

• Like 1

It's crazy how E.T. was the biggest single from the album at the time and now it's the most forgotten.

Firework > LFN > TOTGA > CG/TD > ET

• Like 1

As one of the few here who was an adult during this era I can confidently say it's

firework

teenage dream

tgif

california gurls

the one that got away

ET

iconic album

Edited by yonsé
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bielneira said:

Which type of impact are we talking about?

Longevity, recognizability by the GP and cultural relevance

6 minutes ago, Imagine Dragon said:

Longevity, recognizability by the GP and cultural relevance

So...

"Firework" > "Last Friday Night (TGIF)" > "Teenage Dream" > "California Gurls" = "The One That Got Away"

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.