"Sorry, this artist is not charting anywhere at the moment."

SoldierofLove

First Katy v Lana fight, now a Katy v Janet fight, two artists whose careers basically didn't overlap, what the **** is going on in Oblivia :rip:

• Haha 1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Virgos Groove

• Apolonio ₃₄

• SoldierofLove

Y'all can have fun dragging her numbers all you want lol she remains massively influential with a great oeuvre. 

One day y'all will join the rest of us who don't have numbers dictate our taste. Is this why Janet fans usually have the best taste of MPGs? 

• Thanks 5

14 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Let me get this straight: your fav... can't sing. :rip: Can't dance. :rip: Can't write without Bonnie McKee. :rip: Has zero acclaimed albums. :rip: Has zero Grammys. :rip: Has zero Oscar nominations. :rip: And the only relevant deal she ever signed wasn't even for her music. :rip:

How does it feel when the only solace you have is an album that came out when...

...phones looked like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCj_5wn-tGWjtjUmkASW-

...Britain was ruled by this man:

Gordon-Brown-announces-th-005.jpg?width=465&dpr=1&s=none

...this individual was still alive:

88185008_770x433_acf_cropped_770x433_acf_cropped.jpg

...and this was considered the peak of comedy:

2Fyos7q2pA.png

:hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks:

this might be the nastiest read i've seen on atrl :deadbanana2:

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

I wasn't aware that there was bad blood between Kats and Janitors. :bibliahh::bibliahh:

There's like two or three Katy stans who keep shading Janet as if Katy isn't a hasbeen herself :rip:  And let's not even compare the years of relevancy because while Katy was starting to flop 9 years after her breakthrough, Janet was working on her magnum opus (which had a string of hits), and more than half a decade later was releasing another album with her best selling first week ever and two #1 songs

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

People in here not knowing who Janet is and even having the audacity to compare her amazing legacy with Katy Perry. We're doomed.:rip:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Why do we think everyone is gonna remain on top forever?

As long as you had built a name for yourself and a respectable career and are set for life financially, does it matter?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

@SoldierofLove you might wanna update the thread :coffee:, Janet's music often charts randomly on kworb and there are some days where nothing charts but that doesn't mean it stays like that forever.

All for You

iTunes:
R&B Junkie

iTunes:
Album: The Velvet Rope

Apple Music:
2 hours ago, robbyds said:

That's fine. She's selling out all these huge arenas and amphitheaters in the US as we speak.

Also her albums are charting in the Maldives and Canada at the moment :clap3:

https://kworb.net/itunes/artist/janetjackson.html

The power of a thread on ATRL!

spacer.png

I just know ATRL gays from Belgium, Sweden, Maldives and Canada ran to listen to Janet after seeing this thread :gaynetcat2: (And Janet rising in Canada has nothing to do with a sale and her concert this week. Tour promo works!) :suburban:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moth 2 The Flame said:

@SoldierofLove you might wanna update the thread :coffee:, Janet's music often charts randomly on kworb and there are some days where nothing charts but that doesn't mean it stays like that forever.

All for You

iTunes:
R&B Junkie

iTunes:

Apple Music:

Thanks for the update! Very pleasantly surprised to see "R&B Junkie" here. :heart:

The "Damita Jo" era had everything to thrive in a world without nipplegate. Oh, what could have been... :gaynetcat4:

• Like 3

This thread :rip: :bibliahh:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Moonlight Nation said:

Thanks for the update! Very pleasantly surprised to see "R&B Junkie" here. :heart:

The "Damita Jo" era had everything to thrive in a world without nipplegate. Oh, what could have been... :gaynetcat4:

I've said it before and I'll say it again!

"Just A Little While" was destined to be a #1 hit! Then "I Want You" would've also hit #1! Then "All Nite"! After that, she would've gotten at least one more top 10 hit with "Strawberry Bounce"!!!!

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

did she chart during pride month? janet has some pride classics at least

When are people going to realize that logging into a pop music forum to boldly post about their ignorance of Janet Jackson is low key embarrassing :gaycat6:

• Like 7

Because the whole "Janet is the real queen of pop" thing comes solely from cool gays on the internet vibes, she's mostly known as MJ's sister outside English speaking countries and Europe

Why are rape apologist stans picking fights with everyone all of a sudden :rip: you ******* wish Katy had a discography half as good as Janet's

• Like 1

On 7/4/2024 at 12:59 PM, Edu said:

The only Jackson sibling Brazil cares about is Michael

"Call on me" was a cute hiT here and i heard "come back to me" on the supermarket this week, okay? We just need a plan to gather her fans and do a streaming party or sum. Brazil can make her appear on the chartz, we ship her.

Posted (edited)

A Black legend - one of the top three Black female music stars of all time, along with Diana Ross and Beyonce - who was a pop girl blueprint, and whose career and success were substantially diminished by white men, being disrespected on ATRL? Shocking.

All the closet Janet stans who keep making hit threads about her lack of current streams while also claiming ignorance of her discography are hilarious. There is no excuse not to educate yourself anymore. 

And finally, why on earth would a Katy stan come for Janet? I can only conclude that they must be pressed that I get to listen to Janet's four trailblazing, consecutive masterpieces, and her many other amazing records, whereas they have...Dr. Luke singles? :rip:

Edited by DammnBaby
  • Thanks 6

Not this thread turning into Janet vs Katy:rip:

• Haha 1

who cares? she's JANET! A living legend!

Posted (edited)

Leave Janet alone!!

ezgif_com_gif_maker_1.thumb.gif.98e41ac6

Edited by Princess Aurora
  • Like 1

YOU GUYS OMG SHE FINALLY DEBUTED :jonny5:

Any Time, Any Place

Apple Music:
Album: janet.

Apple Music:

• Haha 4

#85 on Apple Music Maldives i know thats right :heart2:

No need to come for Janet, her discography is great :jonny6:

• Thanks 1

She has a lot of good songs.

On 7/4/2024 at 9:29 PM, Edu said:

The only Jackson sibling Brazil cares about is Michael

Doesn't Demi Lovato have a big fanbase in Brazil? They clearly care about everyone there 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.