Artists who are more interesting as a feature ?

Erreur2 La Nature

I have personally never really been a fan of Demi Lovato's discography. I feel like the directions she has explored with her music were often confusing and not necessarily what suited her the best. I still enjoy some of her songs like Heart Attack, Skin Of My Teeth, Swine, or the huge bop Cool For The Summer that I love playing during... summer :celestial: 

Though I much prefer Demi on the numerous featurings she has done because that's where she shines in my opinion. They're often more interesting, more catchy, and she sounds great on them. I really enjoy these songs on which she's the featured artist: 

• Monster
  • Solo
  • Echame La Culpa
  • Instruction
  • No Promises
  • Up
  • Irresistible

Do you feel the same about some artists who might be more interesting on their features than on their personal material ? :bird:

Love her solo songs but Selena is a correct answer. She shines when singing EDM like Wolves/It Aint Me/I Want You To Know, her whisper sexy voice goes perfect in latin bops like Taki Taki (best verse), Baila Conmigo, she harmonizes well in cute duo's like We Dont Talk Anymore and we all bopped to Calm Down. Her soft voice goes really well in collabs. 

• Like 2

Whenever Allday features in a song he always outshines the main artist.  :dies:  sorry the Veronicas 

Ppl saying nicki…

the new gen rap girls haven't made an album as good as Roman reloaded

Edited by Contessa
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, on the line said:

Xtina.

Her features are miles above her own songs.

I hardly disagree. Xtina's case reminds me of how Mariah's AIWFCIY gets all this attention from the GP instead of her amazing non-Christmas songs from her catalogue. With Xtina is the same. People love Lady Marmalade, Moves Like Jagger or Say Something... but do you really believe these songs are better than her solo stuff, like Reflection, Lift Me Up, Dirrty, Not Myself Tonight, Your Body, The Voice Within...?

Her features are strong though, she is incredible at doing them and turns them into her own songs.

Edited by ChooseyLover

I know so many individuals will be mad but nicki minaj , her features are more interesting than her solo stuff

• Like 1

Nicki comes to mind.

She has some bops as a lead for sure. But I feel like most of her iconic verses and the ones that usually go viral are from features.

• Thanks 1

The one and only Christina Aguilera, queen of feature and free festival. aka cookies and lube salesperson.  Mark "106th" Sundstrom | wow, from 2009 to 2017… Xtina ...

And this is why i say that doja cat is the new queen of rap her ability to make you enjoy the entirety of her projects solo AND collabs unlike nicki , so many of her solo stuff is atrocious and not enjoyable but she kills her collabs 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.