Aly & AJ appreciation thread

Josh

Queens. 

• Like 3

YES. YES. YES.

Insomniatic is my favourite Pop-Rock album ever. They are incredible singer-songwriters since they were literally kids. And they've experimented with lots of sounds so they have something for everyone.

Love them, love them, love them.

I can't even describe how painfully underrated they are. They have a great ear for catchy hooks, they write great lyrics, they have made music of different genres. I have loved them since I first saw Rush on TRL. Will always be excited for whatever they make. Love them so much!

• Like 1

they really fell off for me with their last album but i STAN everything else of theirs :jonny6: their '80s era (ten years & sanctuary) is peak synthpop music

• Thanks 2

Always quality. Since the first album. 

The way they had me screaming "GOD!" in Never Far Behind :falcon:

3 hours ago, Bindi said:

Their last 2 albums are masterpieces!!

I never cared about their older stuff

What do you think about the We Can't Stop compilation, that includes the droplets and eps from 2017 to 2020?
I think that one is amazing too.

The first two albums are cute, very of it's time and teen-pop-rock. I know they are good for what they are but I never listen to them.

2 hours ago, Schami66 said:

What do you think about the We Can't Stop compilation, that includes the droplets and eps from 2017 to 2020?
I think that one is amazing too.

The first two albums are cute, very of it's time and teen-pop-rock. I know they are good for what they are but I never listen to them.

That's a great project for sure. It actually got me into listening to them, but looking back, it doesn't feel as genuine as their new sound is. 

So many great songs. I started following this when they were teasing Take Me back in 2017. Glad they went independent and started doing things their way. The entire Ten Years EP is stunning and fits perfect with the good dark pop wave that was around during that time. Sanctuary EP is also really good. Pretty Places and Slow Dancing are my road trip songs. A touch of the beat… is also great. Only heard the title track of With Love From and I loved it. Need to finally give the entire project a listen. I mean… just look at all the material they have served us with, including their pre-2017 songs.

And let's forget their short-lived 78Violet project that gave us this stunning video and song.

Edited by sway

I appreciate everything they've ever put out up until With Love From. Here's hoping they get back on track with their next release. 

I like them since their disney days and been playing them regularly in the last 3 decades (Loved Cowbelles when i was a teen) (On the Ride)
but in this 2023 i discovered A Touch of the Beat Gets You Up on Your Feet Gets You Out and Then Into the Sun and have a total newfound love for them.

That album Is a masterpiece. I love it so much cause i live for California and everything related to it.
Paradise is one of the best 80s influenced songs i ever heard and Pretty Places is my anthem from these last 3 years. Have it on the car playlist
Their music make me feel such a rush of happiness and nostalgia and joy. Theyre both iconic :jonny6: 
Need to check that new country album of them. 

The most underrated Disney acts

Edited by AvadaKedavra

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.