GGGB vs. Loud

A Million Lights

GGGB vs. Loud  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger era

• Good Girl Gone Bad
    • Loud
  2. 2. Better singles

• Good Girl Gone Bad (Umbrella, Shut Up And Drive, Hate That I Love You, Don't Stop The Music, Rehab, Take a Bow, Disturbia)
    • Loud (Only Girl, What's My Name?, S&M, Man Down, California King Bed, Cheers)
  3. 3. Better album

• Good Girl Gone Bad
    • Loud

GGGB clears :giraffe: it turned a previously unknown faceless girl to THEE Rihanna we know and love today

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

LOUD for all. GGGB might have felt bigger but it was only bc of the stark difference in ccuunt compared to the mixtape eras.

Disturbia remains the greatest song of all time though.

Loud is great with the exception of one song but it's so paint-by-numbers pop that it feels like anyone could have recorded most of those songs. I can't see anyone else having recorded the bulk of GGGB's tracks - it was her all the way and took her from a faceless clone of the other R&B girls of the time to a household name. That era felt like it would never end and just kept going - standard album, hit upon hit, Reloaded, GGGB Live, the remix album :bam:

both great albums but GGGB is Rihanna's best and best pop album of the 2000s :heart:

GGGB for all, but Loud #1s are better than GGGB's #1s 

Bigger: GGGB (Reloaded) > Loud > GGGB

Better Singles: Ugh both? the only dud is Cheers

Better Album: GGGB for sure. Has some of the best deep cuts of her career like Sell My Candy, Lemme Get That and the title track

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.