Queer-coded music videos?

Virgos Groove

What are some MVs that are unassuming to the straights, but *Mariah Carey voice* we know, we knoowww....

I'll start with this masterpiece, so queer-coded it more or less ended PSB's American career. Two boys "in love" with a girl who settle their dispute with... slow-motion wrestling in the beach. :hoetenks:

And then we have this song, about a girl who falls in love with a gay man. The video... watch it for yourselves.

:suburban:

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

The one good song Harry Styles has. Can't remember the name. It goes like "i'm not ever going baaaacckk (the "closet")" and it's a bunch of guys almost touching him

Girl gtfoh

why does the beginning sound like Good Luck Babe. :huh:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

The one good song Harry Styles has. Can't remember the name. It goes like "i'm not ever going baaaacckk (the "closet")" and it's a bunch of guys almost touching him

Girl gtfoh

The actress in the video had to explain that it's not a gay video in the comment section.

Also this one, it was supposed to be about a little brother getting jealous of his older brother for getting close to a girl. But you know, the song talks about love feelings and if you don't know the context of the MV explained by the singer it's easily to think that it was very a gay awakening for the main character of the MV

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

Girl gtfoh

I'll never forgive him for releasing a masterpiece like that as the lead only to release an album full of noise :fish2:

• Like 2

This Mylene video is too queer to be just a 'safe-s*x' ad s:wan:

Edited by BrokenMachine

Speaking of Mylene I don't know if this counts as 'coded' anymore, but it's told that when it was released in 1984 people thought the lyrics were 'ambiguous' to tell, when it's obviously about her loving a female nurse and her mom grounding her for that :lakitu:

For Dua, Fever comes to my mind. The direction goes too far to just be 'two friends hanging out together', but it's not right in your face like Prisoner so 'coded' might be the right way to describe it

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.