Sabrina's upcoming album is already 1 billion before launch with only 2 songs, why?

supertiffany

They used to separate single sales from album sales to make sense of that.

Because she's absolutely huge. She's challenging Olivia. 

But to think that in the streaming era the singles can directly contribute to units for your album. That's like Poker Face and Just Dance giving The Fame extra units just because people are consuming those two only :deadbanana2: Like if Born This Way would've contributed its record-breaking sales to the sales of its parent album. The streaming era definitely is a pro for singles artists (not saying Sabrina is one). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jezebelvictoria said:

Isn't that normal these days if you release a couple hit songs before album release? :huh:

No it's not. Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, jezebelvictoria said:

Isn't that normal these days if you release a couple hit songs before album release? :huh:

I thought so, but I read some people commenting that she would be the first to achieve 1 billion streams before the album release.

:ohwow:

1 hour ago, bielneira said:

I thought so, but I read some people commenting that she would be the first to achieve 1 billion streams before the album release.

There's no way that's true. 

1 hour ago, bielneira said:

Shakira had +3b when she released her album 

3 hours ago, Doctor Dick said:

Because she's absolutely huge. She's challenging Olivia. 

But to think that in the streaming era the singles can directly contribute to units for your album. That's like Poker Face and Just Dance giving The Fame extra units just because people are consuming those two only :deadbanana2: Like if Born This Way would've contributed its record-breaking sales to the sales of its parent album. The streaming era definitely is a pro for singles artists (not saying Sabrina is one). 

:michael:  Did SOUR start like that too ?

4 hours ago, jezebelvictoria said:

Never this quick

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.