Better album opener: Lavender Haze vs Fortnight

Treason

Lavender Haze vs Fortnight  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which song is the better album opener?

2. 2. Which song has the better music video?

Lavender Haze was so good. I wish she went with that darker sound for all of Midnights since it got me so hype when I first started the album 

• Like 1

fortnite is actually the better song everytime i hear lavender haze i just think of that godawful think he knows track from lover even though the bridge is cute 

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

Fortnight for both. LH is just okay for me. And I also always get distracted by the drums into the prechorus because I just think about the Hard Feelings to Loveless transition.

• Like 1

Lavender Haze sonically introduces the listener to the album SO well, I think it's one of my favorite openers of all time. I hated Fortnight when I first listened to it in the meanwhile, and I kinda think it skewed my perception of the rest of the album. 

• Like 1

I love the fact both songs sound dark :-* but If I had to choose, I'd go with Lavender Haze

I've never bothered to watch the videos and I don't want to, but Lavender Haze was the better song of the two.

"Lavender Haze" is simply on another league. Such a gorgeous, dreamy, and sensual tune, not to mention a very effective introduction to the "Midnights" soundscape. I wish Taylor would experiment with this type of atmosphere more often, as it really suits her voice.

The music video is great too. Not an all-timer, mind you, but it beautifully conveys the premise and sultry mood of the song. I also love the sophisticated colour palette, and Taylor has such a sweet romantic chemistry with her love interest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Moonlight Nation said:

"Lavender Haze" is simply on another league. Such a gorgeous, dreamy, and sensual tune, not to mention a very effective introduction to the "Midnights" soundscape. I wish Taylor would experiment with this type of atmosphere more often, as it really suits her voice.

The music video is great too. Not an all-timer, mind you, but it beautifully conveys the premise and sultry mood of the song. I also love the sophisticated colour palette, and Taylor has such a sweet romantic chemistry with her love interest.

just rewatched the video and now I'm in the mood to re-stream the entire midnights. what an era :jonny5:

• Like 1

Fortnight for me.

It sets up the album being torn between Bones and Boner (iykyk), and represent what it's like for the antagonist to quickly move forward by fate, and create the mood and setting (Florida!!!).

Lavender Haze doesn't work for me as an opening track to an album about "sleepless nights throughout my life."

Dear Reader is the opening track to my revised MID track list. Nonetheless, The Tortured Poets Department (title track) is the opening track of my revised PTSD track list.

Edited by Taylor fanboy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.