Paramount reportedly in talks to sell BET for $1.6 billion

Gwendolyn

Spoiler

Paramount Global's trio of co-CEOs have publicly said they've hired bankers to evaluate the sale of certain assets. Industry speculation has swirled around BET, which has been the target of acquisition offers in the past.

Now Paramount Global is engaged in exclusive discussions to sell BET in a deal valued at $1.6 billion-$1.7 billion to "buyers that include" BET CEO Scott Mills and Chinh Chu, founder of private-equity firm CC Capital, Bloomberg reported, citing anonymous sources. The BET Media Group comprises the BET cable channel, VH1 and other networks; the BET+ streaming service; and BET Studios.

Reps for Paramount Global and CC Capital declined to comment. Shares of Paramount Global rose on the report of the renewed BET sale talks, closing up 5.7% for the day to $10.72/share.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/paramount-bet-buyout-talks-scott-mills-1236059457/

I could've sworn Tyler Perry bought it already :huh: am I remembering things wrong?

1 hour ago, JonginBey said:

I could've sworn Tyler Perry bought it already :huh: am I remembering things wrong?

I think they backed out last minute. They were looking to sell BET and VH1 last year. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.