Albums that fanbases pretend to like

Burn

Just now, Julia Fox said:

Did you read the title thread? Fan bases that PRETEND to like an album. This has nothing to do with critical reception. I love Kesha and she was my first pop girl idol but I must say I forced to like Gag Order but I just got tired and I couldn't even try with High Road and I know a lot of Animals that did the same so… 

I know exactly what the topic is. Maybe you should re-read what I wrote. Your opinion about Gag Order really isn't representative at all, sorry. 

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia Fox

• TomTom

• tost1

• bielneira

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, TomTom said:

I know exactly what the topic is. Maybe you should re-read what I wrote. Your opinion about Gag Order really isn't representative at all, sorry. 

And yours isn't at all too so what's your point? Obviously not an entire fanbase hates a record and pretend to like it. It's just generalization, but to my knowledge there were a lot of Animals that pretended to like both records including myself

33 minutes ago, bielneira said:

Beyhive and 'COWBOY CARTER'
Swifties and 'evermore'
Smilers and 'Endless Summer Vacation'
Lanatics and 'Chemtrails Over The Country Club' / 'Blue Banisters'

:dies:

Evermore is literally my fave Taylor album :rip:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Katy Kats are going to pretend to like that Dr. Luke mess

3 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

It's just generalization, but to my knowledge there were a lot of Animals that pretended to like both records including myself

You're entitled to your opinion, but this is just absolutely not true at all based on everything I have seen. Gag Order is genuinely admired and beloved among Kesha fans and High Road was never really well-received among Kesha fans to begin with, so most people did not even "pretend" to like it in the first place (although I personally do like most of it).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylor fanboy said:

reputation's second fanbase seem to love a specipink album which we will not talk about.

wait this is so accurate:ahh:

7 minutes ago, TomTom said:

You're entitled to your opinion, but this is just absolutely not true at all based on everything I have seen. Gag Order is genuinely admired and beloved among Kesha fans and High Road was never really well-received among Kesha fans to begin with, so most people did not even "pretend" to like it in the first place (although I personally do like most of it).

You said it "everything YOU have seen" why invalidate my argument when you are using the exact same argument? :rip: wow

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

You said it "everything YOU have seen" why invalidate my argument when you are using the exact same argument? :rip: wow

Sorry, but as a die-hard fan who is pretty active when it comes to all things Kesha on various platforms, I trust my own judgment more than yours in this case. I'm not denying that you know people with such opinions, but I very much dispute that what you described is the general consensus among this fandom.

Edited by TomTom

Beyoncé fans don't have to pretend to like anything, because she consistently raises the bar for her critical acclaim. She continues to peak and make better more ground breaking music 

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

Did you read the title thread? Fan bases that PRETEND to like an album. This has nothing to do with critical reception. I love Kesha and she was my first pop girl idol but I must say I forced to like Gag Order but I just got tired and I couldn't even try with High Road and I know a lot of Animals that did the same so… 

Thinking animals could read was your first mistake… 

200.gif?cid=a595bef3h4caaygr7io5amszyrjj

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

26 minutes ago, skeeyee said:

Beyoncé fans don't have to pretend to like anything, because she consistently raises the bar for her critical acclaim. She continues to peak and make better more ground breaking music 

spacer.png

Cowboy Carter says the otherwise 

Nadie Sabe lo que Va a pasar Mañana. Bad Bunnys trap album, when everyone just wants booty shaking albums from him... 

52 minutes ago, TomTom said:

Sorry, but as a die-hard fan who is pretty active when it comes to all things Kesha on various platforms, I trust my own judgment more than yours in this case. I'm not denying that you know people with such opinions, but I very much dispute that what you described is the general consensus among this fandom.

So based on that you'll always be right on everything Kesha related since you are a die hard fan 24/7 online? Wow :skull: I have seen it all sorry but this seems… like a reach and a totally egocentric and lack of being wrong attitude from you. This is not what you think you are giving girl 

• Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, LatinFreak said:

Nadie Sabe lo que Va a pasar Mañana. Bad Bunnys trap album, when everyone just wants booty shaking albums from him... 

Shakira albums since Sale El Sol are other very fitting choices on this thread tbh… the way I forced myself to like them all and it worked 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Starkboy said:

Tony_Bennett_and_Lady_Gaga_-_Cheek_to_Ch

the poor fans who actually enjoyed something like Artpop had to pretend they enjoyed this just the year later..... :rip:

it's true. The poor fan was me.

You guys pretend to like albums? I would never pretend to like Sucker (Body of My Own and Need Ur Luv are standalone singles) or Madoom X. Life is too short for that.

spacer.png

Do Kats liking the Woman's World snippets count?

3 hours ago, bielneira said:

Swifties and 'evermore'

:dies:

I'm actually heavily offended at this, evermore is my favorite Taylor album of all :rip: I don't have to pretend to enjoy something with MASTERPIECES like Ivy,  Cowboy like me, right where you left me, evermore, tolerate it, etc. :gaycat6: 

• Thanks 1

I talked to my Swiftie friend and he said he only could get into like 3-4 songs on TTPD but he still bought the album.

13 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I'm actually heavily offended at this, evermore is my favorite Taylor album of all :rip: I don't have to pretend to enjoy something with MASTERPIECES like Ivy,  Cowboy like me, right where you left me, evermore, tolerate it, etc. :gaycat6: 

In another comment of mine, I explained why I mentioned 'evermore'. There's nothing to do with its quality.

10 hours ago, skeeyee said:

spacer.png

And then nit even the fans care to listen to it lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.