Albums that fanbases pretend to like

Burn

What are some albums where you think the fanbase all know deep down that the album is trash, but to save face they pretend to like it?

I'll start.

Lady_Gaga_-_Chromatica_(Official_Album_C

Taylor_Swift_%E2%80%93_The_Tortured_Poet

Nicki_Minaj_-_Pink_Friday_2.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia Fox

• TomTom

• tost1

• bielneira

Top Posters In This Topic

Joanne

Cheek to Cheek

Chromatica

I'd add ARTPOP, but I fear they actually like this one...

Edited by Breakdown
  • Haha 18
  • Thumbs Down 11

Just now, Breakdown said:

Joanne

Chromatica

ARTPOP is a guilty pleasure, I forced myself to like it and never stopped since then.

Toucanne and Cosmetica on the other hand... I couldn't delude myself that much

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

Just now, sunbathinganimal said:

what happened to your iconic avi

LgX7pn9.jpeg

Oh I'll bring it back at some point. Just in a big Prince mood so wanna show him some love. :heart:

• Thanks 2

• ATRL Moderator
17 minutes ago, Breakdown said:

As they should. Some of her best work.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Joanne is actually amazing. But you have to enjoy at least a bit of the genres it aims to explore. But most of its songs are literally amazing. 

Perfect Illusion will forever be extremely underrated. A-YO would've been a moderate hit if released in 2024 and it's a bop. Dancing In Circles is a country sexy classic. Diamond Heart just hits home. Joanne crushes the feelings because of its rawness, low-key my favourite (the album version). John Wayne is cool.

Coronatica, on the other hand... I do love Stupid Love trashiness and bop to Rain On Me, but I'll admit more than half of the album is just noise and aged like milk, even tho I can vibe with it for the most part. I guess I just don't like her vocals on it and the production is kind of meh for my taste. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Swifties and TV. Taylor is already rich it's okay to like the original versions. I only listen to the vault tracks. The re-records mean nothing to me. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, tjspy said:

Joanne is actually amazing. But you have to enjoy at least a bit of the genres it aims to explore. But most of its songs are literally amazing. 

Perfect Illusion will forever be extremely underrated. A-YO would've been a moderate hit if released in 2024 and it's a bop. Dancing In Circles is a country sexy classic. Diamond Heart just hits home. Joanne crushes the feelings because of its rawness, low-key my favourite (the album version). John Wayne is cool.

This. Joanne hate always seems so forced. 

5 minutes ago, BussC,XOXO said:

This. Joanne hate always seems so forced. 

So you stan Gaga because you wanna hear her be a wannabe Country star?

• Thumbs Down 3

31 minutes ago, Breakdown said:

Joanne

Cheek to Cheek

Chromatica

• Now Playing: The Show (Album) by Niall ❤️
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

30 minutes ago, tost1 said:

ARTPOP is a guilty pleasure, I forced myself to like it and never stopped since then.

Toucanne and Cosmetica on the other hand... I couldn't delude myself that much

tost1

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, tjspy said:

Coronatica, on the other hand... I do love Stupid Love trashiness and bop to Rain On Me, but I'll admit more than half of the album is just noise and aged like milk, even tho I can vibe with it for the most part. I guess I just don't like her vocals on it and the production is kind of meh for my taste. 

I could always get behind DIC, John Wayne and Perfect Illusion but the rest is def not what I wanted to hear from Gaga

Also ROM, Sour Candy and Replay are great pop candy but the rest ks just watered down Gaga

Edited by tost1

The usual parade of Gaga albums being haphazardly listed, never stop being delusional ATRL! :coffee2:

On topic: The Tortured Poets Department would've been scored a lot lower if critics weren't so scared of her fanbase. The only people still streaming that album are the kind that also buy the Swiftie cardigans for every album and still think about life and relationships through the scope of fairy tales and Pride and Prejudice even though they're pushing middle age! :foxaylove3:

Edited by Vegvisir
  • Thumbs Down 1

I was so happy the day Chromatica leaked. It was just flawless song after flawless song. Such a return to form after 10 years. There was nothing to pretend to like, that album made me very happy and still does. Plastic Doll goes off!

I did try to force myself to like that jazz **** but other than the song "nature boy",  I could not hack it with any of the others.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.