The last generation of pop stars ranked by success / relevance

k4rmabutterfly

I'm talking about the generation that emerged between the late 10's and the early 20's

Pop icons already: 

Billie Eilish 

Harry Styles

Main pop girls / boys: 

Doja Cat

Dua Lipa 
Olivia Rodrigo 

SZA

Travis Scott

Fell off already, but may come back:

Cardi B

Halsey

Post Malone

Shawn Mendes 

Forces to be recogned with, but too local:

Bad Bunny

Karol G

Morgan Wallen

Need to prove themselves more:

Jungkook

Sabrina Carpenter

TikTok stars (they may snatch 1 or 2 viral hits on TT per year, but they're very inconsistent  and dependent on TT so far):

Ice Spice

Lizzo

Megan Thee Stallion

Tate McRae
Central Cee

Jack Harlow

Lil Nas X

The Kid Laroi

Thoughts? Were lies told? Discuss.

IMG_0372.thumb.gif.b9df346875646522593aa

I'm very confused by your overall selection of people to fit into a "generation" lol

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

Sabrina is on higher level than Jungkook and shouldnt be in the same category

JK: 6,3B streams on Spotify with 43 tracks

Sabrina: 6,8B streams with 126 tracks

If we're being honest he's actually bigger than her, achieved similar numbers much faster but Sabrina is blowing up now, I feel like they're doing good but both need to prove themselves more. 

31 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

I'm assuming CaCa is above "Pop icons already" ??!!?

I didn't remember her, but I guess she has no possibility of a comeback anymore, so I don't think she even deserves a mention tbh.

34 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

I'm very confused by your overall selection of people to fit into a "generation" lol

Why? All of them blew up in the late 10's or the early 20's, during the streaming / TikTok era :foxaylove3:

Harry wouldn't be the pop icon that he is today without the 2012-2018 history with 1D so I don't think he fits tbh. He took 90% of 1D fanbase.

• Like 1

Also, Ariana debuted just 14 months before Shawn Mendes (The Way: march 2014 -> Life Of The Party: june 2015), so it's either both or none 

3 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

JK: 6,3B streams on Spotify with 43 tracks

Sabrina: 6,8B streams with 126 tracks

If we're being honest he's actually bigger than her, achieved similar numbers much faster but Sabrina is blowing up now, I feel like they're doing good but both need to prove themselves more. 

Sabrina has SOLO of the following

Espresso and Please Please Please both at 10M each daily

Nonsense and Feather both at 2M each daily

she's doing a solo arena concert tour as well

those chunk of tracks Sabrina got was from a Disney label when she was a starlet, while JK is from the biggest boyband of all time

yet given those JK should have had SOLO hits and yet most of his hits are with features.

right now Sabrina is BIGGER than JK 

7 minutes ago, ariananext said:

Also, Ariana debuted just 14 months before Shawn Mendes (The Way: march 2014 -> Life Of The Party: june 2015), so it's either both or none 

Yeah, I was not sure to include Shawn and Halsey but I guess they fit more with this gen than with the digital gen, Ariana can be grouped with digital era pop stars because she had two hit albums and multiple hit singles during the digital era, while Shawn and Halsey had none. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

Sabrina has SOLO of the following

Espresso and Please Please Please both at 10M each daily

Nonsense and Feather both at 2M each daily

she's doing a solo arena concert tour as well

those chunk of tracks Sabrina got was from a Disney label when she was a starlet, while JK is from the biggest boyband of all time

yet given those JK should have had SOLO hits and yet most of his hits are with features.

right now Sabrina is BIGGER than JK 

Please, no one is streaming Seven because of Latto :ahh: And Standing Next to You is bigger than his song with Jack. His album track streams are also (much) better than Sabrina's. So… what now?

22 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Why? All of them blew up in the late 10's or the early 20's, during the streaming / TikTok era :foxaylove3:

Halsey stood out as an odd inclusion to me, she debuted in 2015. That's a one year difference from others like Ariana already mentioned.

21 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Please, no one is streaming Seven because of Latto :ahh: And Standing Next to You is bigger than his song with Jack. His album track streams are also (much) better than Sabrina's. So… what now?

Sabrina has more and bigger hits than Jungkook

4 songs that are or going to be platinum

Gold album

oh please if he can really do it alone, then why didnt he do it solo? :ahh: 

Espresso and Please Please Please is bigger than any Jungkook song. her upcoming album will even be much bigger than Jungkook album even before its release. 

1 hour ago, ariananext said:

I think two generations of people already knew of Ariana because of Victorious. Back in 2015, I saw her as a star who had transitioned, rather as a star that had recently emerged. She and Shawn are not and will never be on the same level in that way. 

It's names like Camila etc that are missing that makes Shawn's inclusion feel weird.

Edited by kataraqueen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.