Cute moment at Porto (Portugal) Pride parade goes viral

Dear Reader

For context: this elder was holding a portuguese flag and people at the parade (i was there) thought he was a nationalist and got scared. He called the person in the video to come hug him and traded flags. It was so cute, I bawled. 

The picture someone took is also going viral:

• Like 12

In these kind of dark times our community is going through this is such an amazing moment to witness. I wish we knew his back story and what made him so emotional… :chick3:

• Like 10

This pic has been all over my tl, it's so cute. :'(

I've been feeling doomerist because of *gestures broadly at Europe and America* and this moment has given me a bit of solace.

• Like 1

this is so friggin beautiful....I have a million scenarios running through my mind as to why this made him so emotional....beautiful moment. So happy and grateful it was captured on camera

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

this is so friggin beautiful....I have a million scenarios running through my mind as to why this made him so emotional....beautiful moment. So happy and grateful it was captured on camera

If a journalist ends up interviewing him, I'll make sure to post it here :heart: I'm very curious too as to why he reacted that way. It could be so many things :chick3:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

If a journalist ends up interviewing him, I'll make sure to post it here :heart: I'm very curious too as to why he reacted that way. It could be so many things :chick3:

plz make sure to tag me sis! I need to know the backstory and stuff :chick3: :heart2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Virgos Groove said:

This pic has been all over my tl, it's so cute. :'(

I've been feeling doomerist because of *gestures broadly at Europe and America* and this moment has given me a bit of solace.

We're going into a dark period for our community, but the progress we've made in 50 years is truly astonishing and they can NEVER truly take that away. They may reverse laws or start hate campaigns, but for the first time in thousands of years our existence is undeniable 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I almost shed a tear. That was so sweet

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZIJnvxxdN/

the girl that hugged him posted a video of her pov of the story @IBeMe

such a cute and beautiful moment :cries: I wish she heard what he was saying but it's ok I feel like we are bound to have a follow up with him especially since she said newspapers have been trying to get in contact with him ever since the vid went viral! I hope she does eventually catch up with him or something in the future. :heart2: 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 4:50 PM, Dear Reader said:

On 7/2/2024 at 4:52 PM, IBeMe said:

plz make sure to tag me sis! I need to know the backstory and stuff :chick3: :heart2:

They found him. He says he will take that photo to his coffin. :chick3:

Here's the article translated to English.

Edited by Virgos Groove
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

They found him. He says he will take that photo to his coffin. :chick3:

Here's the article translated to English.

Thank you for posting this!! I saw the article but couldn't find a way to translate it quickly so I was thinking of translating it myself. You saved me a lot of time :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.