Taylor goes viral for random X user never hearing a TTPD song

midnightdawn

7 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

She just had a top 5/10 in year end charts on every main market on earth and IFPI that will end up becoming the most streamed female song in Spotify. Being obtuse must be a talent

and I'm sure she'll have way more in her career but as the tweet in the OP says: no one can name it. I mean, you didn't even bother to 💁‍♀️ 

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WildHeart

• dirrtydiana

• Windy Day

• Dear Reader

2 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

and I'm sure she'll have way more in her career but as the tweet in the OP says: no one can name it. I mean, you didn't even bother to 💁‍♀️ 

"nO OnE caN NaME iT" :juanny: Cruel Summer has been mentioned all over the thread. Fortnight will join it nice and pretty in the top 20 year end in several countries this year.

I guess songs needed to be played in TRL to be seen as hits to some people, and that's okay!

queen-3.thumb.gif.d03fb87a302d216f498de6ee82767fdd.gif

Edited by Popboi.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Popboi. said:

"nO OnE caN NaME iT" :juanny: Cruel Summer has been mentioned all over the thread. Fortnight will join it nice and pretty in the top 20 year end in several countries this year.

I guess songs needed to be played in TRL to be seen as hits to some people, and that's okay!

queen-3.thumb.gif.d03fb87a302d216f498de6ee82767fdd.gif

and people in the future will wonder why or how a song took half a decade to take off 🤷‍♀️ 

idk what a video game has to do with this

TTPD is a weak album packed to the rafters with pleasant filler. It's okay to admit that :hughard:

• Thanks 3

Yall are so out of touch it's funny. These exact same arguments were lobbied against Taylor in 2010 for Speak Now's lack of hits in relation to Rihanna's Loud, Gaga's TFM, Katy's TD, etc. and look where Taylor has ended up. :dies: 

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Tropical said:

TTPD is a weak album packed to the rafters with pleasant filler. It's okay to admit that :hughard:

It's okay to admit that you might feel that way about the album but a very large majority of us feel differently and thoroughly enjoy the album, ranking it as one of her absolute best albums to date. For me it's right under evermore, the writing is just way too strong especially on The Anthology half. :hug: it's nice to have our own opinions and not spout them as facts. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, dirrtydiana said:

and it is completely rich that you accuse non switfties of living in a parallel world. Taylor has not had an actual smash since the 1989 era.

Reading these two sentences back to back is so --  :hoetenks: 

• Haha 9
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I do wish Swifties were capable of taking off their stan goggles for certain conversations. There isn't a single song from TTPD in the top 20 on Spotify Global or Spotify US Daily song charts. It's okay to admit she has been pushing out variants left and right to keep it atop the album charts so she can have the record titles to her name knowing the album was kinda mid and didn't impact the culture in the way Midnights or 1989 did. And that's ok!!!!! She's the biggest pop star on the planet while also having a not so hidden capitalist agenda. Both can exist at the same time.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

28 minutes ago, knewbetterpt2 said:

I do wish Swifties were capable of taking off their stan goggles for certain conversations. There isn't a single song from TTPD in the top 20 on Spotify Global or Spotify US Daily song charts. It's okay to admit she has been pushing out variants left and right to keep it atop the album charts so she can have the record titles to her name knowing the album was kinda mid and didn't impact the culture in the way Midnights or 1989 did. And that's ok!!!!! She's the biggest pop star on the planet while also having a not so hidden capitalist agenda. Both can exist at the same time.

Talking about taking stan goggles off, and then stating blatant lies like this. :rofl:

She hasn't put up any variants for sale in over a month and the album is still #1. Not to mention that that it has been the most streamed album in each of its (soon-to-be) 11 weeks at #1 so far and has been more Googled and read about on Wikipedia than any other album this year (khia metrics I know, but since people here love to give weight to Twitter likes too :rofl:).

It's the #1 most streamed, most looked up & most read about album of the year… if it didn't impact "culture", then all these other albums ATRL claims to have "captured the Zeitgeist!!" despite trailing behind 'TTPD' in every objective way sure as hell did not either.

• Like 8
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Goaty said:

Reading these two sentences back to back is so --  :hoetenks: 

You guys keep saying this yet fail to mention one actual smash hit since bad blood. Just step outside of swiftie world and ask regular people yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

16 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

You guys keep saying this yet fail to mention one actual smash hit since bad blood. Just step outside of swiftie world and ask regular people yourself.

Look What You Made Me Do, Don't Blame Me, Delicate, Lover, Cruel Summer, Cardigan, August, Willow, All Too Well, Message In A Bottle, Anti-Hero, Is It Over Now, Fortnight...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, knewbetterpt2 said:

I do wish Swifties were capable of taking off their stan goggles for certain conversations. There isn't a single song from TTPD in the top 20 on Spotify Global or Spotify US Daily song charts.

It's funny when Taylor is absolutely smashing on Spotify and being the most streamed artist (by a mile) for hundreds of days in a row, it's "SpOtIfY dOeSn'T mEaN aNyThInG!!!!!11!!". 

suddenly when she doesn't have a top 20 song two months after the album is out, it means she's completely forgotten and irrelevant :michael:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Girl with the amount of self copes that I've seen you post about Taylor on this forum I fear you just live off of OTH circle jerks like these

You can be a hater and also be honest at the same time, atleast your opinions would be respectable :zzz:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

anti-hero and cruel summer were everywhere, bigger than most 1989 singles :rip: i think you're the one who needs to step outside

• Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's hugely popular but tbh I haven't heard it referenced much in real life, compared to say Folklore or even something like Red TV which felt like cultural resets 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WildHeart said:

Benson Boone's song is also top 10 while Taylor is N/A in the top 20. Is Benson's Fireworks & Rollerblades bigger album than TTPD too? What about Hozier's album Unheard? Is it bigger than TTPD too since it also has a bigger song than Fortnight? 

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

are you too slow to understand the OP?

11 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

are you too slow to understand the OP?

My post has nothing to do with the OP. I am responding to your post saying, 

21 hours ago, Windy Day said:

well she spilled because how billie has multiple songs charting above fortnite on streaming?? does the gp just not gaf about ttpd?

Since an album having bigger song than Fortnight means it is a bigger album, i am asking 

12 hours ago, WildHeart said:

Benson Boone's song is also top 10 while Taylor is N/A in the top 20. Is Benson's Fireworks & Rollerblades bigger album than TTPD too? What about Hozier's album Unheard? Is it bigger than TTPD too since it also has a bigger song than Fortnight? 

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

• Like 1

I can relate to this, I don't often listen to the radio and I don't use autoplay on Spotify, but I walk around my neighbourhood, I go into shops or walk past them and I remember a few songs I hear playing on the radio, or sometimes the shop has a playlist on.

From recent times I remember a pop song playing, I've head "Cruel Summer" several times over the last few months and going back to last year, that one is quite difficult to miss, and I'm sure most of the GP know it. I've heard "Training Season" by Dua Lipa a few times recently as well.

One shop I want into had "Cruel Summer" playing and I though it was on the radio, but the next song came up and it was a song from 1989 so it was probably a Taylor Swift playlist. There was something off about the production, so it must have been from 1989 TV, but I've never heard anything from TTPD except for listening to the album when it came out.

Same with Sabrina Carpenter, never hear her songs either.

So I can believe it, if you don't use the radio much, you don't have autoplay on Spotify and you don't seek those songs out, there is a lot of music you'll never hear, including the songs from TTPD.

46 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

My post has nothing to do with the OP. I am responding to your post saying, 

Since an album having bigger song than Fortnight means it is a bigger album, i am asking 

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

and the OP is asking how TTPD has been the #1 album for months with 0 hit song in the era of streaming while other, more well known, albums have MULTIPLE songs charting higher than TTPD's biggest song. people are wondering why and i proposed that it's mainly due to fans and that the gp isn't consuming the album, which would explain why even the lead single is charting so low. can you read?

22 hours ago, Hitchhiker said:

And you as an adult took that seriously? 

Obviously not, lmao. I was literally just mentioning how her facts act.

51 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

and the OP is asking how TTPD has been the #1 album for months with 0 hit song in the era of streaming while other, more well known, albums have MULTIPLE songs charting higher than TTPD's biggest song. people are wondering why and i proposed that it's mainly due to fans and that the gp isn't consuming the album, which would explain why even the lead single is charting so low. can you read?

The issue with the 'only fans' thing is that it doesn't really mean anything when she's got various different streaming records. If it's fuelled by fans and fans alone it's because her fandom is bigger than any other artists fandom plus whatever GP is listening to them. It's a nothing argument. There are much more reasonable explanations to why there are no smash hits yet from the album.

As for OPs point, it's like people still live in the early 00s and not 2024. It's easy to avoid listening to anyone, it doesn't mean anything.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.