Taylor goes viral for random X user never hearing a TTPD song

midnightdawn

1 hour ago, penguintim said:

Just for clarity:

TTPD: 31 songs, 17 songs over 100m

Eternal Sunshine (Standard), Cowboy Carter, Radical Optimism, Hit Me Hard And Soft, combined: 61 songs, 16 songs over 100m (6, 1, 3 and 6 each respectively)

I'd be mad at Taylor too :suburban:

HMHAS is literally a month old and has 6/10 over 100M :rip: you did nothing here lumping everything together with CC and RO to make it look worse 

Edited by Gaia
  • Thanks 6

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WildHeart

• dirrtydiana

• Windy Day

• penguintim

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't lie though, I haven't either other than Forthnight and that one was completely avoidable too, I just felt curious and decided to give it a play.

• Thumbs Down 1

Never heard a song by [insert artist you hate] ... OTH please try something new,

and that doesn't mean to say cUlTuRaL iMpAcT aka a cheap wig or costume or gimmick.

She impacts local economy and food banks while others impact rich hotel managers in Dubai.

56 minutes ago, Klein said:

The claim that nobody is listening to her will always be funny because it is NEVER substantiated by any fact other than personal anecdotes. Taylor is the female artist with the most monthly listeners on Spotify, and TTPD is one of (if not the) fastest album to ever reach 4B streams. But somehow, nobody heard a song. I guess the streaming farms are working overtime. Or maybe it's just the fans playing it on a loop, but I wonder why they weren't doing it with evermore and Midnights too. 

Album = x10 weeks at #1

Songs = Only one in the top 20 streaming that's about to dip BELOW Cruel Summer.

Contrast is very obvious. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

that's how most people feel about her music but y'all don't wanna believe it 

Don't be shy then. Give us names of pop girls you believe are bigger than her with the general public in 2024. Let's have a laugh!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StayFrosty said:

Album = x10 weeks at #1

Songs = Only one in the top 20 streaming that's about to dip BELOW Cruel Summer.

Contrast is very obvious. 

How is that odd? The more people listen to the whole album, the less people are focused on a single song. 5 songs off of TTPD have now spent 10 weeks on the H100, which indicates interest for the whole body of work. 

The only reason most of you find that weird is because the GP doesn't care about most of your faves unless they get a hit song. There is nothing surprising about a Taylor album being successful without a big hit. People are interested in the whole body of work. Even as far back as the Speak Now era, when she was waaaaay less popular than now and didn't even have a single as big as Fortnight (that is btw just as big as Texas that everyone considers a hit for example), she logged 6 weeks at #1. 

Singles are meant to draw people to the album. I'm pretty confident that TTPD's success would have been barely different if it didn't have any single. Taylor is just too big these days to not reach everyone that can be interested in her by just releasing the album. 

Edited by Klein
  • Like 5

At this point and you guys still dont realize the reason why she is still on top of the game? It is thanks to THOTS like you keep talking about her. Like you did more promo for the album than any Swifties or Taylor herself. 

Its the same old circle. You keep her names on your lips and then the next breath complain about why she is on top.

I dont like a lot of artists music but i am not obsessed with them and constantly think about, talk about them. Try to do that, your mind will be in a better place.

• Like 5

Fartnight not even doing 3.5M daily streams, and only two songs out of the 50-something tracklist doing over 2M daily streams…yeah she's right and should say it #ImWithHer

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

Edited by bad guy
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I gave it a quick listen after it was released but aside from that i haven't heard any of the music since. The radio is still playing cruel summer and karma where I live. 

7 hours ago, Windy Day said:

well she spilled because how billie has multiple songs charting above fortnite on streaming?? does the gp just not gaf about ttpd?

Because Billie's album is a month newer than TTPD. Does ATRL user Windy Day just not gaf about critical thinking? 

6 hours ago, Shinning said:

Obviously she has a much bigger fanbase in the US than them so the numbers will be bigger. She is American you know…

No BTS album EVER has more streams than what TTPD received in 10 weeks. 

No BTS album has more streams than 9/10 of Taylor's last albums so your point just doesn't make any sense... 

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

breaking news: taylor swift is a FLOP FAD because twitter user thikdckdaddy27 hasn't listened to a single song from her latest album. she's OVER!

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

1 hour ago, bad guy said:

Fartnight not even doing 3.5M daily streams

Lunch - 3.2M 

1 hour ago, bad guy said:

and only two songs over 2M daily streams…

HMHAS - 3 songs over 2M daily 

And all that despite HMHAS being only a month old. What went wrong with "listen before i go" chanteuse? 

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

• Haha 1

Just now, Venice B said:

breaking news: taylor swift is a FLOP FAD because twitter user thikdckdaddy27 lies about hasn't listened to a single song from her latest album. she's OVER!

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

fixed it for ya

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

1 minute ago, WildHeart said:

Lunch - 3.2M 

HMHAS - 3 songs over 2M daily 

And all that despite HMHAS being only a month old. What went wrong with "listen before i go" chanteuse? 

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

Not the birds snub Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

As of yesterday:

Birds of a Feather - 8.59M

Lunch - 3.6M

Chihiro - 3.02M

HMHAS will soon have three tracks hit 300M streams before TTPD and Chihiro will soon have more streams than every album track off TTPD (BOAF already does). Like even Cruel Summer is gonna pass Fortnight on Spotify global soon.

So nothing went wrong with the #1 most streamed album on Spotify yesterday, extending the record for most days at the top spot this year.

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gaia said:

HMHAS is literally a month old and has 6/10 over 100M :rip: you did nothing here lumping everything together with CC and RO to make it look worse 

I wasn't intending to diminish any of these girlies, I'm a big fan of Ariana, Beyonce and Dua. Just pointing out that trying to make out that TTPD is somehow flopping when it's outperforming many of these albums combined is, at best, unserious. Also I really wanted to use the data from my spreadsheet. Is it a crime to own a spreadsheet, ATRL user Gaia

4 hours ago, MattieB said:

That woman isnt as big outside of the USA as yall have propped her up to be

Isn't she?

spacer.png

• Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, penguintim said:

Isn't she?

spacer.png

And the tour... some people are just obnoxiously obtuse to believe she's "local" :bibliahh:

Edited by Popboi.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.