• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WildHeart

• dirrtydiana

• Windy Day

• penguintim

Top Posters In This Topic

Same with me. Interestingly too, all the Starbucks in my city have been playing nothing but TS songs since TTPD release week but never once a TTPD track. And they play some deep cuts like HYGTG and The Last Time.

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

this title is more on topic than the previous one which was a lie :bird:

Titles shouldn't just be completely changed willy nilly because some stan is triggered by it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NextBish90 said:

As we know she can make her shenanigans with charts and etc, but I literally don't know a single person knowing a single song from this thing. She is making a fake bubble and that's so sad. Fake, that's the one word this whole thing deserves.

Its soooo fake, she could only sell out 152 stadium shows...

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

Titles shouldn't just be completely changed willy nilly because some stan is triggered by it

Titles should reflect the facts. No song on TTPD is flopping. The album is doing more daily streams than most could ever dream of even almost 3 months after release. So your title was false, hope this helps :heart:

This title reflects the tweet you posted on the OP

Edited by Dear Reader
  • Like 7

why bother posting these tweets knowing half this forum has become swiftie adjacent….these are the same people buying new weekly album editions for a phone voice memo and they recite TTPD stats like scripture you can't even argue in this echo chamber of crazy anymore 

spacer.png

Edited by Minto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'm sorry but is anyone arguing with this? :rip:  

Take 1989 as an example, the numbers matched the hype. Taylor was everywhere, multiple hit singles, massive exposure, performances left and right, etc. 

Right now all I see is huge numbers but she seems so uneventful if we're being honest. 

• Like 5

I don't believe that user, especially for her post history 

But honestly the success of TTPD is very disproportionate to its cultural impact, I think this is the first time I've ever seen and album THIS big with no hits or cultural impact.

I also don't think her fanbase buying multiple copies are more than 10-15% of this album sales at the most. Her tour and streaming number's definitely back up the success of this album

But it is a very strange phenomenon

This album is extremely big, could end up being her biggest. Yet you don't hear any tracks in common areas like restaurants, bars, stores etc.

Anyway she's doing amazing 

1 minute ago, Robyn. said:

I'm sorry but is anyone arguing with this? :rip:  

Take 1989 as an example, the numbers matched the hype. Taylor was everywhere, multiple hit singles, massive exposure, performances left and right, etc. 

Right now all I see is huge numbers but she seems so uneventful if we're being honest. 

This is what I say, in week by week stats this album is even bigger than 1989

But people thinking each fan buys 30 copies is insane too

It's just a strange phenomenon 

2 minutes ago, Trent W said:

This is what I say, in week by week stats this album is even bigger than 1989

But people thinking each fan buys 30 copies is insane too

It's just a strange phenomenon 

It's crazy because 1989 still feels like her peak in terms of global popularity despite her numbers being so huge nowadays.

Even non-fans could sing a few lines from Shake It Off or Blank Space. Who is singing TTPD's songs outside of her fans?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

omg a Swiftie moderator changed my title

it wasn't even offensive but they must have been fuming:bibliahh:

They changed the title to be accurate :ryan3:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

so you haven't left the house since 2017? 

That woman isnt as big outside of the USA as yall have propped her up to be

1 minute ago, MattieB said:

That woman isnt as big outside of the USA as yall have propped her up to be

then why y'all yapping about "everyone's tired of her" if nobody gives a f? 

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

then why y'all yapping about "everyone's tired of her" if nobody gives a f? 

When did I say that? Quick!

1 minute ago, MattieB said:

When did I say that? Quick!

Do you know which thread you've entered in, or…? :toofunny3:

• Haha 4

to be fair, twitter says this about everything & anything that goes #1 

1 hour ago, NextBish90 said:

Really? What about your purpose then? Flatter literally everything your cult head member does without any critic mind etc. Much worse. That's why we got to this low point in music, it's literally made for toddlers without any knowledge of MUSIC.

Such a twitter moment to always say "never heard this before" to incredibly popular songs or artists.

If you've never heard a single song from the most popular album of the year, then by definition you are out of the loop.

• Thanks 2

The claim that nobody is listening to her will always be funny because it is NEVER substantiated by any fact other than personal anecdotes. Taylor is the female artist with the most monthly listeners on Spotify, and TTPD is one of (if not the) fastest album to ever reach 4B streams. But somehow, nobody heard a song. I guess the streaming farms are working overtime. Or maybe it's just the fans playing it on a loop, but I wonder why they weren't doing it with evermore and Midnights too. 

• Like 1

I mean, it's kinda interesting how the album is doing exceptionally, but the songs are not making too much noise, there are no big hits carrying the album. And at this rate, she does not seem to care too much about this era as she did with Midnights, when gained GP back

3 hours ago, campelo said:

she sells very well and she has a huge following, she has no culture impact but she has the fame and that's what she is after. I don't see a problem

Still trying it with the "no cultural impact!!!!" in 2024 is absolutely ridiculous :rip:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_Taylor_Swift

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_of_the_Eras_Tour

• Thanks 2

I mean, if they're using radio to measure this well yeah, Fortnight wasn't huge there but the album is a huge streaming success regardless of what people said.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.