Taylor goes viral for random X user never hearing a TTPD song

midnightdawn

1 minute ago, WildHeart said:

Go ahead, report me. This thread is about Taylor's lack of GP support so i am totally on point so go ahead and let's see if i receive any WP and really off topic

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

this thread is also about taylor's singles bombing so stop coping and help us figure out why she is unable to chart inside the top 20 while the artists she's blocking have multiple album tracks charting higher than TTPD's most streamed song

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WildHeart

• dirrtydiana

• Windy Day

• Dear Reader

3 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

this thread is also about taylor's singles bombing so stop coping and help us figure out why she is unable to chart inside the top 20 while the artists she's blocking have multiple album tracks charting higher than TTPD's most streamed song

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

I already did, she lacks GP support compared to others. I already talked about Taylor's singles vs Benson, Billie and Hozier's and made the point about how their albums have bigger GP support thanks to their singles compared to Taylor's fan driven TTPD. 

That was also your point from the start so why don't you agree with it instead of deflecting? Is something wrong with my point? 

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WildHeart said:

I already did, she lacks GP support compared to others. I already talked about Taylor's singles vs Benson, Billie and Hozier's and made the point about how their albums have bigger GP support thanks to their singles compared to Taylor's fan driven TTPD. 

That was also your point from the start so why don't you agree with it instead of deflecting? Is something wrong with my point? 

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

This is very true. I've been saying this but tbh she doesn't need it her Stans are way too many that she doesn't even need anyone ksksks. But it is true. The average person could not tell you any of her recent singles. But her success is crazy. Impressive. No one even comes close to the level of success she's had recently.  But then again… they won't even realize cuz their stan bubble is so massive cuz the stan base is huge that they won't even understand this.

Edited by Superbitch
  • Haha 1

who cares about some rando?... she has the best selling album in the world.. half way through the year. Unless the weeknd does something better than After hours she's gonna end up as the global artist of 2024...

• Like 1

The level of delusion in this thread is again reaching new levels. Best thing I'e read yet was that apparantly audiences on the Eras tour don't know the songs. Makes me think some here hasn't been to any concerts at all.

An artist can be both fanbase-driven and have GP support. Taylor does, and that is why she is as big as she is.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cooper said:

The level of delusion in this thread is again reaching new levels. Best thing I'e read yet was that apparantly audiences on the Eras tour don't know the songs. Makes me think some here hasn't been to any concerts at all.

An artist can be both fanbase-driven and have GP support. Taylor does, and that is why she is as big as she is.

My fave part is how "Top 20 on Global Spotify" suddenly and arbitrarily became the metric for success just bc Fortnight spent a few days outside of it s:wan:

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

because as a longtime member of her fanbase

So a 10 second clip of some muffled incoherent gibberish is supposed to be proof that every seat knows all the lyrics of a 3 hour long show?

Are you listening to yourself and how ridiculous that sounds?

Obviously some fans will know some songs. You must be deluded if you're claiming everyone in the stadium was singing or knew the words.

Just skim through this video and you'll hear how most people are quiet, and it's pretty close to the front where usually the biggest fans sit. 

or take any random clip from the Dublin show and see for yourself 

Edited by dirrtydiana

1 hour ago, dirrtydiana said:

So a 10 second clip of some muffled incoherent gibberish is supposed to be proof that every seat knows all the lyrics of a 3 hour long show?

Obviously some fans will know some songs. You must be deluded if you're claiming everyone in the stadium was singing or knew the words.

Just skim through this video and you'll hear how most people are quiet, and it's pretty close to the front where usually the biggest fans sit. 

or take any random clip from the Dublin show and see for yourself 

So your thesis is that if someone doesn't know the words to every single song, it proves they don't know her music at all :deadbanana4:

I'm also screaming because the you literally can hear the crowd singing the entire time in the first video :deadbanana4:

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Headlock said:

So your thesis is that if someone doesn't know the words to every single song, it proves they don't know her music at all :deadbanana4:

I'm also screaming because the you literally can hear the crowd singing the entire time in the first video :deadbanana4:

The claim was that the entire stadium knows every lyric of the 3 hour show based on a 10 second tiktok and that's simply false. What's not clicking?

And the video you speak of there are some people singing in some parts and mostly silent during most of the other songs.

Y'all make it sound as if her crowds were some church choir singing every single word the entire time. What would be the point of paying for that type of show?

Edited by dirrtydiana

4 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

I don't speak in absolutisms. "Everyone" / "every seat" will not know "every word" to "every song." I'm not the one claiming that. But I'm also not the one claiming "MOST" of her fans/concert attendees don't know the words to "MOST" of her songs. You are. :rip:  

My "10 second TikTok" is just one of hundreds if not thousands where you can hear the audience both inside and outside of the stadium singing along to non-singles. I could link you to more but you seem to be immune to rationality and logic when it comes to Taylor, so I won't bother with your trolling any longer 

• Like 2

I mean I feel like this is a thing from the streaming era. If you're just using spotify for exemple and not listening to the radio and not on tiktok then you can basically choose and listen to whatever you want, which is not inherently a bad thing. The chart is meant to reflect what's being the most consumed thing right now and Taylor's fanbase + public support is pretty big so it's not insane that she's number one but it doesn't mean that every single person will know the song or album. I feel like that was more commonly the case when television and radio was bigger.

• Like 1

Are there really some swifties here that truly think the GP knows the songs on this album? 

• Like 2

I mean, I get where this person is coming from. It is interesting that this album has been so commercially successful and yet I never come across the music from it unless I'm browsing my music-oriented Instagram account where other record collectors post about the album on occasion.

Compare that to Charli, whose 365 has been everywhere for me lately.

If Taylor really is fanbase supported, how long until another artist that replicates this success? In the grand scheme of things, the "streaming era" is only about 10 years old, so we are perhaps going to see an artist that surpasses Taylor in the future...

20 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

The claim was that the entire stadium knows every lyric of the 3 hour show based on a 10 second tiktok and that's simply false. What's not clicking?

And the video you speak of there are some people singing in some parts and mostly silent during most of the other songs.

Y'all make it sound as if her crowds were some church choir singing every single word the entire time. What would be the point of paying for that type of show?

This is such poor trolling, YOU are the one claiming the majority of the audience doesn't now most of her songs. This is easily disproven when countless videos exist of the majority of the audience singing along to most of her songs :ryan3:

23 hours ago, Junipero said:

If Taylor really is fanbase supported, how long until another artist that replicates this success? In the grand scheme of things, the "streaming era" is only about 10 years old, so we are perhaps going to see an artist that surpasses Taylor in the future...

Many people from her fanbase started listening to her way before the streaming era, and I feel that was key to her success, being one of the few succeeding at transitioning between media eras.

On 7/2/2024 at 6:00 PM, Popboi. said:

She has the most purchased and streamed album of the year by a landslide :toofunny3: 

By her fans through mass buying and mass streaming and looping

TTPD is such a non event no matter how her heavily fan inflated numbers look

On 7/3/2024 at 12:46 PM, PoisonedIvy said:

Yall are so out of touch it's funny. These exact same arguments were lobbied against Taylor in 2010 for Speak Now's lack of hits in relation to Rihanna's Loud, Gaga's TFM, Katy's TD, etc. and look where Taylor has ended up. :dies: 

Because it's true.. she's a HITLESS Successful musician thanks to her fanbase

15 minutes ago, FrederickGa said:

Because it's true.. she's a HITLESS Successful musician thanks to her fanbase

She's factually not hitless, there are plenty of globally successful singles with both active and recurrent success in digital sales and streaming metrics that prove she factually has many, many hit songs. Love Story, You Belong With Me, Shake It Off, Blank Space, I Knew You Were Trouble, Bad Blood, I Don't Wanna Live Forever, Anti Hero, Cruel Summer, etc

Michael Jackson is also successful thanks to his fans. As were the Beatles. As is Madonna. The general public appeal is what puts these artists over the top from -actual- fanbase driven artists like Carly Rae Jepsen or Charli XCX, for example. You don't reach Taylor's level of success without garnering success outside of your core fanbase.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.