Bigger back to back single: 7R/TUN or DL/G4U or ESP/PPP

FailSafe

Bigger back to back  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger

• PPP and Esp
    • TUN and 7R
    • DL and G4U

well, DL and G4U were not back to back singles :gaycat6: justice for deja vu!!!

TUN/7R really felt very organic and huge. they have like 15 weeks at #1 combined, don't they? Ariana was IT, everyone talked about her. Olivia is similar, but she had a more moderate smash in between. Sabrina's is too soon to tell, but PPP seems like it's already falling below Espresso. 

• Like 6

I mean I think Ariana is more impressive just because of the Spotify users at the time maybe? All the numbers these girls have done have been super impressive.

Ariana: 2019 Spotify had 217M-271M users in that calendar year. 

Olivia: 2021 Spotify had 351M-401M users in that calendar year.

Sabrina: 2024 Spotify has roughly 615M users 

7 Rings pulling in 14M Spotify streams in its first 24 hours was completely groundbreaking at the time, outstreaming the previous (Mariah) by 4M streams becoming of that time the biggest first day ever. That's with almost a third less Spotify users than Sabrina had and almost less than half of what Olivia had. 

7 Rings/TUN also were very organic in streams. To my knowledge, autoplay wasn't really an issue like it is today. (Not that makes Sabrina's success lesser) but in today's streaming market songs can be manipulated to pull big numbers.

All 3 of these ladies should be celebrated for their record breaking smashes tho :clap3:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

olivia's would be driver's license and deja vu but i think ariana had the biggest moment of all 3

TUN to 7 rings felt like an event. Spotify was also much smaller back then, so the numbers are even more impressive.

+ the music video of tun was a big deal too

• Like 2

Olivia because she was in her debut era. She wasn't established at all. She came out of nowhere and stormed the world like no other did that year. 

All three were impressive as **** though. I'd say Sabrina the last because autoplay is a big thing now and Spotify can be easily manipulated compared to 2021 and especially 2019. 

Edited by thatsmydemi

Olivia as of now but Sabrina could overtake depending how ESP/PPP age.

I feel like TUN/7R haven't aged well due to the sound they have (mumble trap) being completely outdated. 

Voted for Olivia but then saw that the singles weren't back to back :gaycat6:

I'll give this to Ariana, then!

DL/G4U is a cheat option. It was not a back to back single. Deja Vu was serviced to the radios and had a proper single release.

drivers license/good 4 u are def the biggest ones but ariana's was really impressive given how "small" spotify was in comparison to todays in terms of ammount of users back then

1 hour ago, Cain said:

I truly feel like Espresso is the biggest one of them all

espresso is a solid #5 lol it isn't bigger than dl, good 4 u, tun and 7 rings 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

espresso is a solid #5 lol it isn't bigger than dl, good 4 u, tun and 7 rings 

As someone living in Europe, all those last 4 singles really weren't THAT massive, they were big hits but not all encapsulating smashes the way Espresso seems to be here

Ariana set this standard that these two followed. The numbers for 7 rings and TUN would be still be massive today yet she did it in 2018/2019 when streaming was still growing. No other pop artist could touch those numbers Ariana was pulling in 2019, not even Taylor Swift was coming close to her then. Ariana was even surpassing Drake's singles on streaming while Drake was peaking during this time and hip-hop was dominating the streaming market. TUN(s) still remains the biggest streaming week for a female artist in the U.S with close to 100M streams during the music video release week. It was a wild moment witnessing TUN(s) increasing throughout the week despite it being a surprise release on a Saturday night and the doubters thinking she couldn't replicate that again only for 7 rings to become even bigger just a couple months later. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cain said:

As someone living in Europe, all those last 4 singles really weren't THAT massive, they were big hits but not all encapsulating smashes the way Espresso seems to be here

Plz. 7 rings is the biggest one out of these in Europe. It was top 5 in every market and had longevity. Drivers License has good peaks in Europe but it was kinda frontloaded there. Espresso just entered the top 10 in markets like Germany and France last week.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.