Lana's Ultraviolence album currently the daily most streamed 2014 release. Surprised?

NOW

FMT3IUTRX6JBSDKKJ3QZNQPOHQ.jpg

Ultraviolence Lana Del Rey    3,468,631,431    3,082,238
Hozier Hozier    6,133,521,086    2,924,828
1989 Taylor Swift*    8,221,396,316    2,760,944
Motion Calvin Harris    4,700,566,425    2,738,000
Dream Your Life Away Vance Joy    4,143,065,921    2,693,082
Four One Direction    4,890,608,561    2,428,924
V Maroon 5    6,202,503,441    2,370,470
My Everything Ariana Grande    6,607,221,839    2,196,044
Multiply (x) Ed Sheeran    10,730,082,758    2,135,483

Of the albums on this list, Ultraviolence remains the only one that also did not have any singles with Top 40 crossover success.

• Like 3

Not at all. It's a timeless masterpiece :clap3:

For a lackluster year in music, west coast might be the best popular song that was put out

Lana's transition from being an alt artist to being an MPG is literally discussed daily here. Why would anyone be surprised at this?

I'm more surprised by the other albums on that list :rip: 

12 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Lana's transition from being an alt artist to being an MPG is literally discussed daily here. Why would anyone be surprised at this?

She's still an alt girl and Ultraviolence is an alternative rock album with 0 songs that were sent to pop radio or that had big traditional promotion, so this achievement is even more impressive :clap3:

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

She's still an alt girl and Ultraviolence is an alternative rock album with 0 songs that were sent to pop radio or that had big traditional promotion, so this achievement is even more impressive :clap3:

Lana Del Rey is not an alt girl with 55 million monthly listeners, Taylor Swift, The Weeknd, Quavo features, her TikTok personality and more. She's an MPG.

12 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Lana Del Rey is not an alt girl with 55 million monthly listeners, Taylor Swift, The Weeknd, Quavo features, her TikTok personality and more. She's an MPG.

Alt is a genre and it's not about how successful or not the artist is. But since Lana is also very popular she can be both (if we mean "MPG" as in being popular) I guess 

:suburban:

45 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

It's called a crossover. 

The anger :rip: 

48 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

so is Nevermind by Nirvana not an alternative rock album because it sold 30 million copies worldwide? you can operate in an alternative genre and still pull massive numbers, it's happened many times before. Lana is an alternative pop artist that happens to pull great numbers because of her massive following. 

Putting the asterisk on 1989 but failing to mention anywhere that it's getting another 5M streams from the rererecording. :dies:

Anyhow, I'm not a big fan of hers, but I still count it as a really good thing that she's outperforming the likes of Maroon 5, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, and One Direction. Good for her!

1 minute ago, Achilles. said:

Putting the asterisk on 1989 but failing to mention anywhere that it's getting another 5M streams from the rererecording. :dies:

Well, the rerecording wasn't released in 2014 :eli:

Just now, BrokenMachine said:

Well, the rerecording wasn't released in 2014 :eli:

I know. But without the rerelease, the original 1989 would likely be closer to 8M daily. It was pulling big numbers like that last year before 89TV dropped. 

1989 is still the most popular 2014 album, its streams are just being diverted to a different edition of the album now. :cm: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.