Does "Teenage Dream" going Diamond remove the "Katy is a singles artist narrative"?

naval23

Which one?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Does Teenage Dream going Diamond remove the Katy is just a singles artist narrative?

• Yes! You can't go diamond in album units without being an album artist
    • No - she's a singles artist with a Diamond album

To me she's never been one, so no :heart:

Like imagine missing out on her album track GEMS? I could never

Edited by PopKills

TD is largely certified Diamond based on its singles. And by that I mean people consuming the singles and that counting towards the certification. Pre-streaming TD would never have gone Diamond, not because it couldn't but because the downloads of the singles don't count towards that certification. The streaming era changed that and now even Jason Derulo can go Diamond with enough hits. 

57 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

TD is largely certified Diamond based on its singles. And by that I mean people consuming the singles and that counting towards the certification. Pre-streaming TD would never have gone Diamond, not because it couldn't but because the downloads of the singles don't count towards that certification. The streaming era changed that and now even Jason Derulo can go Diamond with enough hits. 

If anyone can go diamond with an album why the Fame or Born This Way (according to liddos they're the biggest eras from this century) haven't achieved that? 

Edited by manuelalex9810

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.