• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asscatchem

• Bentley

• mrpartyrocker

• Garbaj

This whole album rollout era has been a complete disaster. She's the Absol of Pop/R&B. I feel so bad for her. :weeps:

Edited by Sugar-Rush

2 hours ago, IBeMe said:

WTF?!?! ok now that's on another level :rip: but also insanely commendable but also kinda crazy lol! I also randomly remember Jessi J singing on tv like a day after she broke her leg and was in a brace and wheelchair and did the damn thing lol. In fact I think she was in the middle of a promo run cuz I remember SEVERAL performances of hers with that brace :skull: It's just this newer batch who just cannot seem to push through and always use the "my doctor said"....the amount of times I've got to my doctor about something and he's said I'd have to take time off from work would have made me lose my damn job lol...sometimes you just have to push through (as sad as that is...)

Jessie J was right as Price Tag was crossing over. She did the whole MTV Awards show as house artist sitting in a chair. 

3 hours ago, IBeMe said:

what happened to the days where popgirls would perform with a foot brace and improvise something last minute just to NOT waste an opportunity to perform on tv....The whole concept of "the show must go on" is completely dead with this new gen and in some ways its a good thing but damn it also flushes opportunities like crazy. I get tv performances aren't that big a deal anymore but the uploaded videos go viral and help promote your projects which Normani DESPERATELY needs right now....

20 years later they're dead due to dependency on prescription medication, now what?

Did she fall off the rocket? 

spacer.png

Too soon? 

:suburban:

I wish her a speedy recovery!

Edited by SoldierofLove
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Mess :redface:

7 hours ago, Vegvisir said:

Everyone keeps saying she has the worst luck but I think at some point if you're ALWAYS failing you need to consider how you're personally contributing to the pattern.

IMG-5742.gif

3 hours ago, Vegvisir said:

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Boo f*cking hoo, take the air time and do whatever you can to promote your artistry. Normani's brand has been "poor her" from signing to release, it's boring and pathetic at this point.

you the only one speaking sense but atrl ain't ready for that conversation... she's just another sky ferreira, some people are not built to be an artist. it ain't about being able to find a note or doing a 1,2 step. (neither of which sky can do, but that's another conversation) gone are the days of real superstars and artists. 

Edited by RideOrDie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

gone are the days of real superstars and artists. 

Because they're all dead due to not taking care of themselves :cm:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, IBeMe said:

what happened to the days where popgirls would perform with a foot brace and improvise something last minute just to NOT waste an opportunity to perform on tv....The whole concept of "the show must go on" is completely dead with this new gen and in some ways its a good thing but damn it also flushes opportunities like crazy. I get tv performances aren't that big a deal anymore but the uploaded videos go viral and help promote your projects which Normani DESPERATELY needs right now....

This is crazy

Kudos to Normani for calling in sick!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

Yeah these girls need to take these performances a notch down if they're going to injure themselves at such a young age. It's truly not worth it. I hope whatever she has is manageable and that it won't leave any side-effects 

I agree. There's a reason Janet and Beyoncé stopped doing THE most very early. Risk of injury is just not worth it. There's a reason Janet can still dance at 58. Simpler is better, dance in flat shoes if you need to. No splits, no jumping, no cartwheels.

The new girlies do too much onstage and it's dangerous. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mariya Takeuchi said:

Because they're all dead due to not taking care of themselves :cm:

nene leakes whatever GIF by I Dream of NeNe: The Wedding

what i'm saying has nothing to do with a dangerous, self damaging, lonely lifestyle without any support addicted to pills. this ain't the 1990s. normani needs to start studying the likes of beysus, gags and taylord if she wants to be taken seriously as an artisté. otherwise she will remain a joke.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

what i'm saying has nothing to do with a dangerous, self damaging, lonely lifestyle without any support addicted to pills.

that's a very specific type of lifestyle you're describing and a common misconception about certain celebrities with addiction problems

200w.webp?cid=6c09b952ft9j3ad6gnfc3267tx

imma let y'all drag on

5 hours ago, Indie Go Mind said:

This somehow reminded me of Lorde performing on the 2017 VMAs  by just dancing around the stage. 

Crazy performance overall.

Normani made the right choice. :heart2:

It's unfortunate more for her fans, than for her. 

A BET peformance would have done nothing for this album roll-out anyway. It's a viral song that she needs at best.

yeah she was in rehearsals this week for the usher tribute, not for a solo performance.

ppl on the internet show how nonsensical they truly are if you're seeing someone get injured and say "they don't wanna be taken seriously as an artist" like pls snap out of it lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Damien M said:

I agree. There's a reason Janet and Beyoncé stopped doing THE most very early. Risk of injury is just not worth it. There's a reason Janet can still dance at 58. Simpler is better, dance in flat shoes if you need to. No splits, no jumping, no cartwheels.

The new girlies do too much onstage and it's dangerous. 

What are you talking about lol the new girls traditionally barely do anything. And Janet and Beyoncé have always done the most giving intense choreography. Idg this comment sis... 

:clack:

So she wasn't told don't perform, but "I recommend you"! Also her saying "but performing would delay the healing" clearly means she could have done it, fgs she has

nothing else to do after! There's many artists that injured and still chose to perform one way or another, no one said she should have done an intensive choreography, but her work ethic is just…. :rip: At this point she doesn't care about her music career either and in all honesty other than dancing, it doesn't look like she has much to offer

7 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

What are you talking about lol the new girls traditionally barely do anything. And Janet and Beyoncé have always done the most giving intense choreography. Idg this comment sis... 

:clack:

I interpreted that the doing too much is not about the final result being more than Janet or Beyonce, but the execution not being proper. Sometimes it's the routine that will harm them, other times they are not using correct gear or even good shoes for the routine. Bey just recovered from an injury herself, but at least it took her twenty years into her career to have an injury that made her change her approach to a concert. The girls are already serving OUT sometimes even when they are taking off (Tyla). They need to stick to more simple stuff and enhance their technique. Any dancer or athlete has a real fear of harming themselves while doing it, because it can be life changing for the worse and **** your mobility for life. It's no joke

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.