Why aren't Aguilera's streams on par with her peers ?

Erreur2 La Nature

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leyaris11

• QuanticXplosion

• CocoPouf

• A-V-XYZ

Just now, shyboi said:

why would she? she's basically a one hit wonder, not on the same level as the other legends in that list

giphy-7-64849c8ea2f644398e9057e3afdc04d8

what hit of her r u talking about sis? :suburban:

• Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, shyboi said:

why would she? she's basically a one hit wonder, not on the same level as the other legends in that list

giphy-7-64849c8ea2f644398e9057e3afdc04d8

She's got the same amount of number 1s as Britney on the Hot 100. Only difference is she spent 20 weeks at #1 in total and not just 6 lmao haha.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, leyaris11 said:

what hit of her r u talking about sis? :suburban:

moves like jagger sis, technically not even hers but im feeling generous tonight 

Ijb0l-lmaoooo7s6dg-Hagsgs5jsh6-Agags6.gi

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A-V-XYZ said:

She's got the same amount of number 1s as Britney on the Hot 100. Only difference is she spent 20 weeks at #1 in total and not just 6 lmao haha.

now whose dupe is this?

can a mod give this suspicious individual a background check pls? thank you. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I just came accross a Twitter thread about popgirl's streams and something surprised me a lot. While many older popgirls struggle with streaming when they release new music which is understandable, old hits still manage to do well even now. Here are a few examples:

• Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wylclef Jean) [2005] : 1.725M
  • Britney Spears - Toxic [2004] - 1.349M
  • Miley Cyrus - Party In The USA [2009] : 1.185M
  • Beyoncé - Crazy In Love (feat. Jay-Z) [2003] : 1.056M
  • Lady Gaga - Poker Face [2008] : 1.030M
  • Rihanna - Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z) [2008] : 1.027M
  • Avril Lavigne - Complicated [2002] : 926k
  • Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time [1998] : 925k
  • Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music [2008] : 835k
  • Lady Gaga - Just Dance (feat. Colby O Donis) [2008] : 823k
  • Katy Perry - Hot N Cold [2008] : 708k
  • Mariah has AIWFCIY that smashes every year from October to January

The only one whose streams are very low is Legend X. She has two songs receiving at least 100k streams per day (not counting the many features she has done on other artists' music obviously). Genie is her highest with 331k and Marmelade gets 180k.

If you take the 10 most streamed songs right now from Christina's catalog...

1. Genie
  2. Lady Marmalade
  3. Beautiful
  4. Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti
  5. Fighter
  6. Dirrty (feat. Redman)
  7. Pero Me Acuerdo De Ti
  8. Candyman
  9. What A Girl Wants
  10. Hurt

...and combine all of their streams, they're receiving around 1.025M a day in total (which is less than just one song from Shakira, Britney, Miley, Gaga, Rihanna, etc).

What is the reason behind Aguilera's poor streams compare to her peers in your opinion ?

You forgot Bad Romance or somethng?

I'm a Britney stan since I was 9. I was a Christina stan at that age as well. I remember talking to a friend and saying I'd pick Christina instead of Britney. This was while Come On Over was showing on TV back in 99. Britney came strong with her second album; while Christina just waited sooooo long. By the time Christina was releasing Stripped, Britney had released her 3rd album and made history. I think that's why she kinda vanished into the backseat of the music industry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't get the point of Britney and Christina stans still doing is. It's 2024 Come on Now Man! I love them both but can we move on

• Like 2

Even Miley has her own classic like party in the usa while Xtina has none... She is truly definition of extinction. :rip:

Edited by leyaris11
  • Thumbs Down 3

3 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I just came accross a Twitter thread about popgirl's streams and something surprised me a lot. While many older popgirls struggle with streaming when they release new music which is understandable, old hits still manage to do well even now. Here are a few examples:

• Shakira - Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wylclef Jean) [2005] : 1.725M
  • Britney Spears - Toxic [2004] - 1.349M
  • Miley Cyrus - Party In The USA [2009] : 1.185M
  • Beyoncé - Crazy In Love (feat. Jay-Z) [2003] : 1.056M
  • Lady Gaga - Poker Face [2008] : 1.030M
  • Rihanna - Umbrella (feat. Jay-Z) [2008] : 1.027M
  • Avril Lavigne - Complicated [2002] : 926k
  • Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time [1998] : 925k
  • Rihanna - Don't Stop The Music [2008] : 835k
  • Lady Gaga - Just Dance (feat. Colby O Donis) [2008] : 823k
  • Katy Perry - Hot N Cold [2008] : 708k
  • Mariah has AIWFCIY that smashes every year from October to January

The only one whose streams are very low is Legend X. She has two songs receiving at least 100k streams per day (not counting the many features she has done on other artists' music obviously). Genie is her highest with 331k and Marmelade gets 180k.

If you take the 10 most streamed songs right now from Christina's catalog...

1. Genie
  2. Lady Marmalade
  3. Beautiful
  4. Hoy Tengo Ganas de Ti
  5. Fighter
  6. Dirrty (feat. Redman)
  7. Pero Me Acuerdo De Ti
  8. Candyman
  9. What A Girl Wants
  10. Hurt

...and combine all of their streams, they're receiving around 1.025M a day in total (which is less than just one song from Shakira, Britney, Miley, Gaga, Rihanna, etc).

What is the reason behind Aguilera's poor streams compare to her peers in your opinion ?

She's a Latin singer. That's stream is actually good for a local artist :eli: 

• Haha 1

Lack of classics, I fear.

Her debut had 3 #1s, and if she invested some effort into making them classics, they would have been in a different place by now. I don't see her celebrating any anniversary of some sort of her music, except for the one she did for Beautiful. 

Imo, Stripped had a lot of classics. It was an unnecessarily panned album. I thought it was a great pop/rock album with great videos. It's time for her to recognize the legacy of her first 2 albums and promote them.

Honestly I don't think the GP (especially the younger ones) really remembers her apart for being the girl on Moves Like Jagger :deadbanana4:

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, A-V-XYZ said:

Xtina's got 2 songs over a billion streams on Spotify. That's more than Britney. Xtina wins.

This is not a good drag when "Say Something" is bombing in streaming currently. It pulled 218,459 streams yesterday. Britney has 8 songs outstreaming it daily.

Also, Toxic is outstreaming MLJ by over 200k+ streams a day on Spotify :skull: 

3 hours ago, A-V-XYZ said:

Britney didn't write Toxic and Cathy Dennis sings most of it. Xtina gets more money from her streams on Feel This Moment than Britney does with Toxic. Xtina writes hits!

Cathy Dennis literally sings the background vocals only and we've had the stems for Toxic for 20 years. Xtina stans have been trying to perpetuate this lie literally all of our lives on here. Are you all ever going to grow up?

2 hours ago, QuanticXplosion said:

Why is this still a topic of conversation? Do Britney fans have nothing else to do? Your fave has retired and you are still going in on Christina for snatching her bald with that Best New Artist Grammy win... Like get over it, Christina could be getting 100K total dilay streams and still will be the respected artist out of the two and would be the reference for all the new girls. Like, give it a rest already, this is so tired and lame. 

Christina has never been more respected than Britney Spears. Y'all need to let this myth of respect go.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CocoPouf said:

Oh oh, the grammar police is here. Thank you for teaching me how to write <3 

You're welcome? It's my pleasure to end misinformation? ;)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Aggie was never a huge music star, she had publicity because of her big rival, but none of her radio hits became classics. She only had one huge era in USA (the debut) and one in Europe (the Stripped) she never was that big musically.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alexz said:

Aggie was never a huge music star, she had publicity because of her big rival, but none of her radio hits became classics. She only had one huge era in USA (the debut) and one in Europe (the Stripped) she never was that big musically.

yes she was...she just fell off 

she literally debuted before Britney 

2 minutes ago, xxxlamb said:

realizing we said the same thing lol

6 minutes ago, xxxlamb said:

3 minutes ago, xxxlamb said:

realizing we said the same thing lol

Well you are the same person. You forgot to switch accounts.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Alexz said:

Well you are the same person. You forgot to switch accounts.

i didnt feel like editing my post, i actually meant to quote you again LOL

see ill do it agiain...am i u?

Just now, xxxlamb said:

i didnt feel like editing my post, i actually meant to quote you again LOL

Because she didn't do anything to keep her old smash hits in the mouth of a generation. 

Mariah is still promoting Fantasy, Obsessed, ABMB and gives actually chance to so many tracks in her discography to have a moment and some of them stick and go viral and some od them are just cute moments for the fans. Memoirs had Its a Wrap, Obsessed and UOMF going viral for a moment. Xtina NEVER has.

I guess it's because a new generation of people hasn't discovered her music yet. They will eventually though

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.