Avril Lavigne slays & overcrowds 71k Glastonbury Stage, Independent: 5 Stars review

Ivan_brit

2 hours ago, Nashe said:

this was to be expected.

i wouldn't say this. she's been catching strays from her own fans on the internet recently for how uninterested she's been acting on her current tour. she recycled an old setlist and hasn't been putting a lot of energy into it. it's very surprising to me that she actually put a good show on a festival. 

• Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KKCuteCat

• KKKIMO92

• Ivan_brit

• Eat The Acid

8 minutes ago, conquxror said:

i wouldn't say this. she's been catching strays from her own fans on the internet recently for how uninterested she's been acting on her current tour. she recycled an old setlist and hasn't been putting a lot of energy into it. it's very surprising to me that she actually put a good show on a festival. 

I've been to a recent concert and it was awesome. Avril fans are just annoying as always expecting her to change the setlist when it's been the same for 12 years now and she simply doesn't want to change it since she much prefers to sing the songs ppl know and the crowd doesn't go dead at

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, conquxror said:

Even that, her shows are sold out worldwide. She did UK last year with lackluster performances and still, she sold out those dates this year instantly. It just too many casual fans want to see her. Iconic.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nashe said:

I've been to a recent concert and it was awesome. Avril fans are just annoying as always expecting her to change the setlist when it's been the same for 12 years now and she simply doesn't want to change it since she much prefers to sing the songs ppl know and the crowd doesn't go dead at

Honestly yes! Shes smart. The crowd always has a great time. I was at a Paramore concert recently and they did a lot of random album songs and fan service. It went down like a lead balloon and casual concert goers gathered at the back of the venue at the bar. 

6 minutes ago, KKKIMO92 said:

Even that, her shows are sold out worldwide. She did UK last year with lackluster performances and still, she sold out those dates this year instantly. It just too many casual fans want to see her. Iconic.

Shes iconic and people want to hear her hits. She has too many classics I fear. She was at her peak for 5-6 years but in that time released classic after classic after classic. Now 25 years later, the nostalgia is too much: people HAVE to see her when she comes. Shes a LEGEND. Simple as!

32 minutes ago, Nashe said:

yeah, i can't really give a proper opinion bc i don't keep up with her that often. but i have seen a lot of complains from her fans on social media, for some reason. i thought she was going through a bad phase, so to me it is kinda surprising to see her getting acclaim from a live show. 

Avril was such a commercial force from 2002-10 and was front and center of pop culture back then. She acheived too much global success and has like two 10+ million selling albums and they don't give her the main stage? :deadbanana2:

I'm not even a stan of Avril but had she played at a festival I was at I'd go just for the nostalgia. 

Edited by Doctor Dick

4 hours ago, Nashe said:

this was to be expected. they do her dirty at other festivals aswell putting her name somewhere down there as if she wasn't one of THE biggest acts on the planet for a solid ten years

YES!

The 2000s MPGs: BRITNEY SPEARS - CHRISTINA AGUILERA - JENNIFER LOPEZ - BEYONCE - AVRIL LAVIGNE - P!NK - SHAKIRA - KELLY CLARKSON. Prove me wrong. 

Crowd really slayed by Avril :flame:

I got emotional with Im With You :cries: 

Avril the Legend that you are :worship2:

• Like 1

She was underestimated. The fact that her name is in the same line with Camila is what bothers me :rip: . 

Yeah she should've been in the main stage. :rip: 

2 hours ago, conquxror said:

Yet she has had a sold out tour in NA this year and in Europe last year. In NA, some of her shows have nearly 20K attendance. I don't understand why she chose to be a line up over a headliners for her own concerts in Europe. She could easily sell out a 10k venues in some EU cities. Might be she wants a greater exposure or what.

50 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

Avril was such a commercial force from 2002-10 and was front and center of pop culture back then. She acheived too much global success and has like two 10+ million selling albums and they don't give her the main stage? :deadbanana2:

I'm not even a stan of Avril but had she played at a festival I was at I'd go just for the nostalgia. 

That's exactly what happened back to 2022 when she outperformed the main stage act :rip: . I don't know why but people have always underestimated her selling power since day 1. And if you see the poster, you would be mad to see that her name is so small and way down on the poster. That is the insult to her. I think, she is at least on the level of Christina and Kelly Clarkson (if not achieve bigger success), who will for sure be a headliner if she's in a festival. Would never imagine that Xtina or Kelly do something like that. And i'm not sure if Avril needs this cos she is selling our arena tours on her own :rip: 

• Like 1

Her hair extensions are so long they look ridiculous :rip: Also how does she dress more immature in her 40s than she did when she was an actual teenager. 

• Thumbs Down 2

only 12 songs? what is she an artist who debuted last year? :dies: she should do at least 18 songs

• Thumbs Down 1

How does Glastonbury not get that 00s nostalgia is at is peak right now (20 year cycle!!). Avril has girls who are basically doing tributes to her with their recent albums. Of course she is gonna draw a huge crowd :rip:

9 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

only 12 songs? what is she an artist who debuted last year? :dies: she should do at least 18 songs

It's a festival sis?

Her own concerts have 18 songs. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eat The Acid said:

It's a festival sis?

Her own concerts have 18 songs. 

Jessie Ware (not a headliner) did 20 songs

Camila (not a headliner) did 16 songs

• Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, Harrier said:

How does Glastonbury not get that 00s nostalgia is at is peak right now (20 year cycle!!). Avril has girls who are basically doing tributes to her with their recent albums. Of course she is gonna draw a huge crowd :rip:

Right. You can tell they're out of touch with what's trending cause there's no valid reason as to why she wasn't on the Pyramid stage (headlining).

• Like 1

The GP loves her (again) & it really doesn't matter, what a few naysayers from her fanbase are whining about.

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.