Aside from Taylor, do Rihanna and Lana have the most impressive MPG streams?

Treason

Taylor is obviously not going to be matched anytime soon.

But Rihanna has not released an album since 2016 and is pulling better numbers than most of the current it-girls today. And Lana being one of the most streamed women of all time without having huge hits to her name is insane, she's been consistently in the top 3-4 daily streamed female artists.

Aside from Taylor Swift, do Rihanna and Lana Del Rey the most impressive MPG streams out of the older pop girls?

Yep you pretty much named the trinity. But I would also note that Olivia and SZA have great recurrent streams for their albums. 

• Thanks 1

Ariana does tbh, since she's actually the 2nd most streamed female artist (and yes, I'd also consider her an "older" pop girl as her debut came only a year after 'Born To Die').

• Like 3

Rihanna has been the First one to have impressive streaming numbers tho

We have been talking about her being top 5 women Every Year, in the most streamed females

despite not releasing anything since 2016

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, punisher said:

SZA does tbh, especially since she does it with only 2 albums

imagine if she had 9 like lana and rihanna

but that album is very recent. ofc it's going to have good streams.

• Like 1

Ariana's monster streams are right there sweetie 

They're not the only ones, but yes Taylor, Rih and Lana have emerged as the biggest mainstream female artists on streaming who emerged before the streaming era. I don't know where to place Ariana and SZA in terms of timelines but they're obviously massive too.

I think in terms of streams (overall, records, etc.), its:

Taylor

Ariana

Rihanna

SZA

Lana

But daily streams, it may be Taylor, SZA, then Ariana, Rihanna/Lana, or something like that.

I think Ariana has monstrous streaming numbers, like 2nd most-streamed woman on Spotify and was the most-streamed female artist across all platforms until Taylor became in 2022 (so she's basically #2 or #3 rn). But some of her older songs have aged like milk, in terms of streaming, on Spotify. Or maybe her older albums are doing decent numbers I think, like by MPG standards. Like her current music is doing very well so I think generally all of them would get huge streaming boosts from touring and things.

Taylor, Ariana and Riri are pretty great as the Main Pop Girl trinity.

Dua has not one but the 2 most streams albums of all time :heart2:

Yes. Rihanna's are amazing considering she hasn't released in ages and Lana's music isn't really commercial. 

Some of the others either release more often or their music is basically TT oriented and cater to get quick hits.

Yes. It's Taylor>>Rih/Lana

Before Eternal sunshine, Ariana was receiving less daily streams than Rih despite having 4 albums(now 5) since Rihannas last one. Rihanna was also the most streamed female for like 6/7 years before she retired. She was the original streaming queen.

1 hour ago, dirrtydiana said:

Dua has not one but the 2 most streams albums of all time :heart2:

SOUR already passed it. Still impressive, just correcting

• Thanks 1

Rihanna might be closer to Taylor than we think, YouTube was the main streaming platform during her active years and she ate everyone up over there. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.