Why has Camila Cabello only headlined one solo tour in her whole career?

glitch

She was meant to tour for Romance, but obviously that was cancelled due to the pandemic.

And then with Familia, she decided to leave the label. They probably only agreed to fund a tour if she signed on.

So really, this will be her only opportunity post the NBTS tour to tour again. Is it really that heard to look into and figure out?

2 hours ago, Zaynsus said:

For Romance, it was understandable as they clearly overestimated her demand. But for Familia, I thought that they would at least book smaller venues she could sell out, I don't get why they didn't even try. The various performances she gave that era (especially the TikTok Live, VEVO Live, and UEFA CL opening performance) were so good and promising, she could've put on a great show.

My theory is that Epic would only fund a tour if she signed on for more albums. But obviously she chose to leave, so it didn't happen. 

So she toured for her debut album and was supposed to for Romance, but it got cancelled because of the pandemic and/or sales issues or we'll never know.

But I think after the pandemic Familia was already in the works, and many artists had took a backseat from touring because of plans/releases getting delayed and shelved; so she basically moved on from the whole Romance era, it seemed pointless ig?

However, they should've had her tour for Romance or at least Familia. By the time the 3rd album was released, it must've been a harder situation for them to sell out arenas but they could've gone ahead with amphitheaters/theaters and a few arenas here and there + she was doing great at festivals, events, and whatnot, to promote the album. She's always been a great performer. But either the tour was never going to happen because of it being the last project in her contract, or the label/team did not want to make it seem like she's a "small" act? Like there are cases where artists will just not do smaller-scale tours rather than arenas and such. Not blaming this on Camila. These decisions are between her, her team/management, and label.

But I hope she tours for C,XOXO, even if its smaller venues. She was spectacular at the festival run she did in Europe and has a festival in Mexico and the iHeartRadio festival in Sept/Oct (rumors of Milano Latino in Italy). The festivals were like a good start to the performing part of this era and touring can really help you cultivate a good, knit, loyal/supportive fandom.

22 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

She was meant to tour for Romance, but obviously that was cancelled due to the pandemic.

And then with Familia, she decided to leave the label

What we're not going to do is blame the pandemic for her lack of demand :deadbanana2: 

if that was remotely true then why did she not continue the tour after like everyone else is right now (breaking records may I add)???

"she decided to leave the lable" as if she wasn't already hanging by a thread :skull:

"Is it really that heard to look into and figure out?"  indeed

• Like 1

she could maybe do something like clubs or ballrooms

1 hour ago, dirrtydiana said:

What we're not going to do is blame the pandemic for her lack of demand :deadbanana2: 

if that was remotely true then why did she not continue the tour after like everyone else is right now (breaking records may I add)???

"she decided to leave the lable" as if she wasn't already hanging by a thread :skull:

"Is it really that heard to look into and figure out?"  indeed

Girl an arena tour does NOT need to be sold out to go ahead. I attended the MOTOMAMI arena tour in 2022 and Rosalia had 1/3 of the upper floor curtained off. If Camila had chunks missing too, they would've done that.

And let's not act like Camila wasn't Epic's most profitable female artist. Not that she's a golden goose that everyone's fighting to get their hands on, but the other signed women were Madison Beer, Meghan Trainor, Zara Larsson and Fifth Harmony.......

45 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

Girl an arena tour does NOT need to be sold out to go ahead. I attended the MOTOMAMI arena tour in 2022 and Rosalia had 1/3 of the upper floor curtained off. If Camila had chunks missing too, they would've done that.

And let's not act like Camila wasn't Epic's most profitable female artist. Not that she's a golden goose that everyone's fighting to get their hands on, but the other signed women were Madison Beer, Meghan Trainor, Zara Larsson and Fifth Harmony.......

What does selling out have to do with anything? She can't even start a tour so I'm not expecting her to sell out…

then that label is in deep doo doo because how is your most profitable act someone with 1.5 hits?

53 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

What does selling out have to do with anything? She can't even start a tour so I'm not expecting her to sell out…

then that label is in deep doo doo because how is your most profitable act someone with 1.5 hits?

"What does selling out have to do with anything?" - you blamed "lack of demand" for the Romance tour cancellation and so I clarified that the pandemic was the cause for cancellation, and that the tour was not sold out but is not essential for an arena tour to go ahead (e.g. MOTOMAMI arena tour). Does that answer the question?

And yes Epic is clearly in even deeper "doo doo" because they have now lost Camila. Meghan Trainor is literally now their most successful female artist.

3 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

"What does selling out have to do with anything?" - you blamed "lack of demand" for the Romance tour cancellation and so I clarified that the pandemic was the cause for cancellation, and that the tour was not sold out but is not essential for an arena tour to go ahead (e.g. MOTOMAMI arena tour). Does that answer the question?

And yes Epic is clearly in even deeper "doo doo" because they have now lost Camila. Meghan Trainor is literally now their most successful female artist.

Selling out at full capacity is not a requirement to go on a tour, what's not clicking? 

If we're talking one hit wonders like MT, all about that bass is a much bigger and recurring hit than cacas havana and shawns senorita :keir:

3 hours ago, Boysdontcry said:

False. It was cancelled due to a global pandemic called Covid-19, same with Lover Fest. Do you live under a rock or something?

This is a very quick search but I remembered reading these articles, here is the link and headlines, even HDD came out to shade her, I mean, don't try.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/camila-cabello-romance-album-tour-flop.html/

Camila Cabello's 'Romance' album is selling for just $5.99

Along with the lackluster album sales and the rip off accusations — the Romance stadium tour isn't exactly selling. The tour is set to kick off in Oslo, Norway, on May 26, 2020. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anyone is all that interested. 

"Today we hear the tale of the prospective superstar diva who's had a couple of massive hits but has discovered to her dismay—and that of her team—that her new tour is in deep trouble," Hits Daily Double said in a blind item. "Said superstar in waiting has achieved social-network ubiquity and does every TV opp, every radio show, every chance to be in the public eye—if her team had its way, one manager quipped, she'd be at  every envelope opening."

2 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Selling out at full capacity is not a requirement to go on a tour, what's not clicking? 

If we're talking one hit wonders like MT, all about that bass is a much bigger and recurring hit than cacas havana and shawns senorita :keir:

Exactly. This is what I am saying as well!

So the tickets were not the issue. The deadly global pandemic was. Camila and Taylor refunding tickets was far more humane than those that kept onto our money for YEARS whilst they rescheduled for the eighteenth time. I was a broke student in 2020, the refunds I got from Taylor and Camila literally helped to pay my rent during the pandemic.

5 minutes ago, KKKIMO92 said:

This is a very quick search but I remembered reading these articles, here is the link and headlines, even HDD came out to shade her, I mean, don't try.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/camila-cabello-romance-album-tour-flop.html/

Camila Cabello's 'Romance' album is selling for just $5.99

Along with the lackluster album sales and the rip off accusations — the Romance stadium tour isn't exactly selling. The tour is set to kick off in Oslo, Norway, on May 26, 2020. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anyone is all that interested. 

"Today we hear the tale of the prospective superstar diva who's had a couple of massive hits but has discovered to her dismay—and that of her team—that her new tour is in deep trouble," Hits Daily Double said in a blind item. "Said superstar in waiting has achieved social-network ubiquity and does every TV opp, every radio show, every chance to be in the public eye—if her team had its way, one manager quipped, she'd be at  every envelope opening."

There is literally not one single piece of factual information in that entire article. It is all just statements and opinions - where is the evidence???

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

So the tickets were not the issue. The deadly global pandemic was. Camila and Taylor refunding tickets was far more humane than those that kept onto our money for YEARS whilst they rescheduled for the eighteenth time. I was a broke student in 2020, the refunds I got from Taylor and Camila literally helped to pay my rent during the pandemic.

You keep either missing or dodging the point lol. every artist went back on the road yet camila did not because there was no demand for even half venue capacity then, much less now.

6 minutes ago, Boysdontcry said:

There is literally not one single piece of factual information in that entire article. It is all just statements and opinions - where is the evidence???

statement: 

• (noun) an official account of facts, views, or plans, especially one for release to the media.
    "the officials issued a joint statement calling for negotiations"

8 hours ago, Boysdontcry said:

You keep making the Taylor comparison. Is Camila going to give us her own Eras tour soon? :keir:

I get the feeling that low selling shows would reveal to the world how little support she has, despite her decent streaming numbers, so her team is trying to avoid that at all costs.

• Haha 1

I don't think she's ever toured Australia except maybe once with FH

she needs a darn world tour. I'd actually would pay to go see her.

Who in their right mind would pay any amount of money to hear this person sing :deadbanana2: maybe if i were paid, but I feel like it's not worth the risk 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.