• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, rhaenyra said:

I beg to disagree as he made this masterpiece 

I was going to defend him but then I clicked on this video. What is this :ahh: 

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, bielneira said:

The hater is not wrong, but I love 'Voicenotes' :biblio:

I'm sorry did the hater really call BIRDS OF A FEATHER "mediocre pop"??

OT: I usually like his voice but I did not enjoy it when he started singing on birds of a feather 

1 minute ago, dirrtydiana said:

I'm sorry did the hater really call BIRDS OF A FEATHER "mediocre pop"??

No, they were talking about Charlie's "mediocre pop music"

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, bielneira said:

No, they were talking about Charlie's "mediocre pop music"

Charlie's "it's not even my song" threw me off 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Charlie's "it's not even my song" threw me off 

I don't think he understood the point 

• Haha 3

I don't know maybe it's just me but I don't think ALL music has to be groundbreaking or innovative to be justified?

I'm not a big Charlie fan and while I do agree that he doesn't really use all of the talent he's shown he has, I also think that there's very much a place in the world for the simple, bubblegum, heard-it-on-the-radio style he often works in. 

Sometimes you're in the mood for something that's very forward thinking, groundbreaking, and genre defining. 

Sometimes you're in the mood for something vanilla and simple to sing along and turn your brain off too. 

• Like 2

But the "hater" was 100% right lmao

Charlie has all these talents and yet the sum of their parts results in the most bland, forgettable pop :chick3: it's beyond tragic

• Thanks 1

The perfect pitch thing is so misconstrued. He can *perceive* pitch nearly perfectly, but that doesn't mean he sings on key 100% of the time. In fact, he goes off key while singing relatively frequently.

• Thanks 5

As many have stated already, the hater was kinda right (I don't even think it's hate, maybe harsh criticism). He's very talented, but all the talent in the world can't buy good taste and point of view. There are so many singers who have incredible voices, but never pop off because the music is boring as f***, for example. This is very similar to what's going on with him. All that music theory knowledge is useless without perspective.

spacer.png

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

The perfect pitch thing is so misconstrued. He can *perceive* pitch nearly perfectly, but that doesn't mean he sings on key 100% of the time. In fact, he goes off key while singing relatively frequently.

pretty sure it's about recognizing and telling which notes, chord progressions, etc are playing, not about singing in tune all the time :skull: 

13 minutes ago, romas_ld said:

pretty sure it's about recognizing and telling which notes, chord progressions, etc are playing, not about singing in tune all the time :skull: 

Right, that's what I said. 

• Haha 2

Perfect pitch really means nothing other that he can tell notes etc apart (really well). It's cool and all, I'm not knocking on it, but it's not a reflection of actual talent. It's something even kids can learn to do.

• Thanks 1

The tweet is absolute tea, harsh but true. He is all talk to me, but the music is simply not giving what he says he is, a musical genius.

He's simply better off working bts. He could be the new Max Martin and be revered as a producer and composer but since he wants to be the star himself then whatever flaws he has are more apparent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

Often times people with patrician tastes gets it...but sometimes in your case, they don't 

No big deal

:bird:

So charlie can respond to haters but not my dms :chick1:

• Haha 1

The "hater" is not wrong. He honestly could go down the Jacob Collier route if he wanted to but instead chases success on TikTok lol. Would love for him to have a rebrand, but I don't see it happening. His personality has always been too silly. I mean he started on YouTube making parody songs and jingles for Shane Dawson ijbol.

Not even a hater

he literally praised him for his talent

this site calls everyone a "hater" for even the most tame criticism

9 hours ago, Sheep said:

pls, as if half the Kpop music hasn't been sounding like this

yall rly just love to bandwagon on some specific acts

15 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

pls, as if half the Kpop music hasn't been sounding like this

yall rly just love to bandwagon on some specific acts

pls, I have never stanned for kpop that sounds like this

yall rly just love to bandwagon on kpop and crucify an entire genre/entertainment medium for the actions of a few boring artists because of a mix of subconscious fomo and (most often but unfortunately not always entirely subconscious) xenophobia.

snsd-tiffany.gif

Edited by Sheep
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.