Kesha VS Katy Perry.Joyride-Woman's World.Bigger?

Sweetestsecret

Do you think kesha's new single or Katy's new single will be more successful on the charts? Both coming in July. 

• Haha 3

The internet and ATRL seem to say Kesha but I still believe Katy can pull through somehow even with the huge backlash. Rooting for both tho. :clap3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An independent artist vs. An artist who's the most well known act of her record label. :skull:

I know Kesha's song will be better and I don't even need to listen to it to be sure of that.

• Like 10
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Kesha obviously. She has fans in 2024.

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Katy will outpeak. But glad to hear a new Kesha single is coming. I hope it's more like Animal/Warrior and less like Gag Order 

Better probably Kesha. Bigger probably Katy short term since a lot more people are interested to hear how bad the song is plus the people that already like it :cm:

Bigger katy has a small chance of charting so that

but better is definitely Kesha

Why are people so sure Katy's song will flop? All I see is positive reactions and hear a bop. It's repetitive and catchy and is perfect for radio. I can't speak for the entire album as I think that could be a harder discussion considering a hit doesn't necessarily translate to good album sales/streams but the single has quite big chances on becoming a hit, especially if the video is rumored to have buzzworthy moments. 

Kesha is independent from what I've heard so it'll be harder. 

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Like 1

i really think this will be kesha's moment.

The narrative behind her comeback is that its her first release since being free from her Dr. Luke contract.

The narrative behind Katy's is that she's returned to the producer accused of sexual assault.

idk if that will translate to chart success, but culturally I think kesha's will be more significant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Phaunzie said:

Kesha obviously. She has fans in 2024.

:rip:

Not a fair comparison, Katy has a label behind her.

Wish the best for Kesha, she deserves success even with her 3 remains misogynistic fans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

5 hours ago, keshasfillers said:

They'll be fighting for an entry on Bubbling Under so it's better to focus on quality

You can't honestly believe that. 

If Kesha comes through with a banger somewhat like her older material, she could do it. Unfortunately, I think Katy will outchart Kesha. She still has the American idol platform and more $$$ behind her for promo. 

Katy really set an entire rollout up for Ms Serbert…

According to ATRL, Joyride should be bigger.

Edited by ThomasTea
  • Thumbs Down 2

Both  volatile hits. And by volatile I mean bubbling under. I will be surprised if thet are both in the realm of a Katy smile tier/performance

Edited by terrijoe

10 hours ago, Tistotal said:

:rip:

Not a fair comparison, Katy has a label behind her.

Wish the best for Kesha, she deserves success even with her 3 remains misogynistic fans.

I know. Katy might pull through. However, If we are going by ATRLers who know so much, Kesha is gonna get the success. She is creating promotional material at a gas station. What is Katy doing in France? Modelling on a runway, wearing campy dresses and being on TikTok daily, her head isn't in the game.

I wish the best for both of them.

Jesus Easter GIF by Marcel Katz / The Art Plug

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.