Kesha - "Joyride"

austinsuxx

Just came to say that the song has amazing replay value! 

SUCH A BOP! 

I'm happy for Kesha! She deserves everything :heart:

• Like 8

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• Vixen Eyes

• AlbertoBouvier

• CroNich

2 hours ago, Vixen Eyes said:

oh someone get them to choreo Kesha's next tour!

He actually was one of her main dancers for years since the warrior tour!

• Like 2

The Kamala remix :ahh:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

Spotify Friday (19/7) UTC 21:00 (3 hours left)

JOYRIDE - 900k
#that song - 770k
judgejudylaugh.gif?fbclid=IwAR0JsPGdrqbC

Karma is so satisfying omg 

• Like 6

just read that someone didnt like JOYRIDE because its a "can of silly string" :rip:

now listening to the radio ver. and its making me kii

Q5cnCPM.gif

• Haha 3

the radio ver. edits making me feel like this:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Alaska. said:

Not her using the IJBLOW edit :lmao:

1 hour ago, SmittenCake said:

The Kamala remix :ahh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TomTom said:

Hot take:

It's very interesting and honestly bittersweet how Kesha's position among her female pop star peer group changed for the better between then and now.

During the Gaga-Katy-Rihanna-Kesha peak days, Kesha was always seen as the "underdog" who was kinda in the shadows of the other three. Haters would say she was the most "flash-in-the-pan" among them with the lowest potential ability to last as a pop star.

Fast forward to 2024, it's clear Kesha has the biggest dedication towards pop music and strongest creative drive among this peer group (can't say much about Lady Gaga because I don't really keep up with her). The fact that Rihanna is basically retired and Katy probably will be after this era (just my prediction, but I'd be shocked if she's not retiring after this era) really puts Kesha into a whole new position with respect to the early 2010s pop stars.

While her peers (sans Lady Gaga) are either out of the business or seem over it, it looks like Kesha is just getting started. It doesn't seem like her creative potential is even close to being exhausted and you can tell by her Forbes interview that her going independent is like a huge reset for her. It looks like there are a million things Kesha still wants to do in this industry. 

It's incredibly ironic and amazing to see that, despite her having more reasons to leave this industry due to everything that happened to her than any of her peers who were all reaching their heights while Kesha was at her lowest, she went the other way and is now more committed than ever before to her music career.

Even though so much has been taken from her early in her career by a corrupt industry, it increasingly looks like she will win in the long run thanks to her unprecedented endurance and resilience. 

this is such a great piece to read

think i might steal it and post on twitter in hopes of it becoming viral 

xx

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TomTom said:

Hot take:

It's very interesting and honestly bittersweet how Kesha's position among her female pop star peer group changed for the better between then and now.

During the Gaga-Katy-Rihanna-Kesha peak days, Kesha was always seen as the "underdog" who was kinda in the shadows of the other three. Haters would say she was the most "flash-in-the-pan" among them with the lowest potential ability to last as a pop star.

Fast forward to 2024, it's clear Kesha has the biggest dedication towards pop music and strongest creative drive among this peer group (can't say much about Lady Gaga because I don't really keep up with her). The fact that Rihanna is basically retired and Katy probably will be after this era (just my prediction, but I'd be shocked if she's not retiring after this era) really puts Kesha into a whole new position with respect to the early 2010s pop stars.

While her peers (sans Lady Gaga) are either out of the business or seem over it, it looks like Kesha is just getting started. It doesn't seem like her creative potential is even close to being exhausted and you can tell by her Forbes interview that her going independent is like a huge reset for her. It looks like there are a million things Kesha still wants to do in this industry. 

It's incredibly ironic and amazing to see that, despite her having more reasons to leave this industry due to everything that happened to her than any of her peers who were all reaching their heights while Kesha was at her lowest, she went the other way and is now more committed than ever before to her music career.

Even though so much has been taken from her early in her career by a corrupt industry, it increasingly looks like she will win in the long run thanks to her unprecedented endurance and resilience. 

well, Kesha has always said she wanted to be a wrinkly old grandma still churning out club hits :giraffe:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, VeniceBeach said:

Spotify Friday (19/7) UTC 21:00 (3 hours left)

JOYRIDE - 900k
#that song - 770k
judgejudylaugh.gif?fbclid=IwAR0JsPGdrqbC

Karma is a Kat :ghostface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

The way this is already my most played song on Spotify over the last 6 months and it still gets better with every listen 

• Like 6

is there a post somewhere that compares JOYRIDE's stats vs WW's stats on the charts?

GbHa3yp.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Oh **** I'm about to remake my extended version with the official instrumental and acapella being released! 

• Like 6

#150 USA Spotify 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Hobbes said:

Oh **** I'm about to remake my extended version with the official instrumental and acapella being released! 

Omg share it when you're done :duca:

• Like 1

The song will probably increase this week but do we know which spot? It has been stable around 1m the whole week + the ep release. I hope at least in the top 100

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Funnyfatty said:

The song will probably increase this week but do we know which spot? It has been stable around 1m the whole week + the ep release. I hope at least in the top 100

She needs to do some promo, radio interviews, snl, late night shows, magazine spreads. I hope her management team are busy planning a decent promotional

tour.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I kinda want the 7" vinyl but shipping to Europe costs more than the record itself :gaycat6:

• Like 1

Her and her team need to go all out for this song. It's showing growth!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.