Kesha - "Joyride"

austinsuxx

A major, unique bop.

When she says "joyride" with that deep voice, it reminds me of Gaga in Rain On Me when she says "hands up TO THE SKY".

• Like 6

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• AlbertoBouvier

• Vixen Eyes

• CroNich

The production is really superior. This is iconic of her to come back with a single like this.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sannie said:

It's not show-stopping or world-ending, but it's pretty ******* good.

What's interesting to me is that she's evoking the sound and feeling of past triumphs despite being an independent artist, and she's doing it without resorting to desperately running back to old producers. It goes to show that Kesha was the brains behind her own success all along, and is an artist and not a product. A true artist can continue their brand on their own; a product must rely on others to try and recapture old successes. 

i couldn't have said it better myself :clap3:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sannie said:

It's not show-stopping or world-ending, but it's pretty ******* good.

What's interesting to me is that she's evoking the sound and feeling of past triumphs despite being an independent artist, and she's doing it without resorting to desperately running back to old producers. It goes to show that Kesha was the brains behind her own success all along, and is an artist and not a product. A true artist can continue their brand on their own; a product must rely on others to try and recapture old successes. 

Kesha always knew her musical identity. Some people might think she didn't like the sound of her earlier work because of Luke, but she genuinely does seem to be proud of her debut album. Warrior was a mess of an era because she wanted to keep trying new things instead of chasing hits, and she always enjoyed mixing pop with rock, folk and country. Sometimes the end result might end up being for an acquired taste, but it's filled with Kesha's personality, and that's a triumph for any artist.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

Do I like it? Yes

is it a little garbage? Also yes 

The song's an experimental mess objectively, but I like it too. She tried something different and it sounds fun.

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

I'm so glad she's back :jonny:

• Like 2

such a bop, the production is hypnotic and accordion works unexpectedly well, only Kesha could make it work :clap3::heart:

• Like 2

This is bad. I find the production SO grating and the lyrics are terrible.

I miss the old Kesha :frown:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

With all due respect, this is garbage 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

it's good! i was a little thrown off by the accordion at the beginning but i got used to it :katie2:

it reminds me of those two bops:

6 hours ago, collin said:

why does it abruptly cut off at the end :rip: 

Some people suggested it might be the transition to another song on the album.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.