Where are the Gen Z Pop Boys? Why are they non-existent?

Gwendolyn

They don't know how to market pop boys nowadays. Having a good voice, choreography, cute face and catchy songs is no longer enough to break through and keep an audience. This seems to especially be true post-covid. One of my favorite bubble gum pop boys is HRVY, who was getting millions of video views before covid hit and is now struggling to get 100k after being dropped from his label. :rip:  His career trajectory was pretty much halted with covid and it's sad to see. It also doesn't help that he's in his mid 20s now and it's harder to build a new base of fans in pop once you've reached that age. 

I mean, for a few years (2012-2014) wasn't it just Bruno Mars and I guess Justin Bieber and that's it?

They'll come around again for better or for worse.

They're either Country (Zach Bryan), R&B (Steve Lacy) or Latin (Peso Pluma) or Rap (NBA Youngboy)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, potent said:

I mean, for a few years (2012-2014) wasn't it just Bruno Mars and I guess Justin Bieber and that's it?

They'll come around again for better or for worse.

They aren't Gen Z

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.