Gracie and Chappell future MPGs? Who's next?

Meev

Gracie just snatched the #1 album in the UK and Australia, and looking at hitting #2 when the BB200 gets released. She is probably going to be one of the contenders for MPG status in the next few years at this rate.

Chappell is expected to hit #6 on BB200 this week for her album released in 2023. The trajectory of her debut album is similar to what our most of our MPG debut albums did, with a moderate debut and growing immensely over time. She is another contender for MPG status, possibly even with her next album.

Sabrina is releasing soon, so it will be interesting to see how her album does. 150k would be a great debut for her, and imo we can consider her a MPG if her album does over 200k first week.

I feel that these girls hitting it big along with Olivia and Billie will be the true 2020's successors to the 2010's MPGs.

Anyone else in the running for the title?

Gracie Abrams is not a future MPG. She doesn't have the abilities or features to be a "main".

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Chappell, I'm so sorry for the disrespect. :biblio:

No offense, but Gracie's current momentum is not only pretty frontloaded but has been heavily carried by her association with Taylor Swift, including a collaboration on her latest album. I doubt her music will be making a substantial impact on the charts the way Chappell and fellow "Eras" opener Sabrina Carpenter's have. 

Billie Eilish, Olivia Rodrigo, and the two women I mentioned all have something special that makes them stand out from their peers. Gracie is just another singer-songwriter inspired by Swift who hasn't really built an identity outside her inspirations. Doesn't take away from those who do resonate with her music, but I doubt she's a MPG in the making.

• Like 7

Does Gracie Abrams have a base on here?

How can you have a MPG without enough fans to start a fanbase thread?

• Haha 2

Only Chappell Roan is the future MPG 

13 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Tyla :clap3:

Would be amazing to see, but it's a shame that health condition forced her to cancel several festival appearances that would be crucial in promoting her debut album and showcasing her different facets as an artist. "Jump" had a cute presence on the Global Spotify charts for a while, and her beloved Met Gala appearance showed people are starting to care for her beyond just being 'the Water girl', so the potential is still there. I really hope she can turn things around, and I expect some high-profile features could help.

• Like 3

Are we sure those Gracie sales are organic? I heard she's a nepo baby

Yes for Chappell :clap3:

39 minutes ago, Moonlight Nation said:

No offense, but Gracie's current momentum is not only pretty frontloaded but has been heavily carried by her association with Taylor Swift

Frontloaded af. It's been a week since the album dropped and she has zero songs inside the american top 50 songs in Spotify. Even the Taylor collab is OUT. Chappell meanwhile has 4 songs inside the top 30. OP wanted to set the Tay(nepo)daughter up lol

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Moonlight Nation said:

Would be amazing to see, but it's a shame that health condition forced her to cancel several festival appearances that would be crucial in promoting her debut album and showcasing her different facets as an artist. "Jump" had a cute presence on the Global Spotify charts for a while, and her beloved Met Gala appearance showed people are starting to care for her beyond just being 'the Water girl', so the potential is still there. I really hope she can turn things around, and I expect some high-profile features could help.

She's performing at the BET Awards in the next few days/weeks. Hopefully, it boosts her profile more, we really need another POC successful pop girl. :heart:

• Thanks 2

Gracie needs more than nepotism and Taylor's mamma bear type of supervision to be a main pop girl, it's not all about relatability, being a star takes charisma and she's as interesting as the sole of an old shoe :rip:

well gracie is the 3rd gen z girl with an album to go #1 in the UK and (probably) top 2 in the US

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.