Megan Thee Stallion's 'MEGAN' debuts with 7.1M streams | 7.8M streams day 2

KatyPrismSpirit

From her 18 track third self-titled studio album, Megan charts 3 tracks on the US Spotify 200 (with two being new debuts) and zero on the Global Spotify top 200 charts. 

Spotify US:

#74 - Otaku Hot Girl — 574,342

#95 - Where Dem Girls At —521,609

#199 - BOA (re-entry) — 382,377

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

4 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Is this an actual album? I didn't even know she was releasing something. Where's the promo? :rip: 

she announced it month ago and it had like 3 singles + shes on tour now

Just now, Stunnah said:

She was never super successful, though, really, was she?

I mean she got a #1 this year

10 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I mean she got a #1 this year

What was it called? 

2 minutes ago, Stunnah said:

What was it called? 

Hiss

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Hiss

Just looked it up. Released in January and has just 83 million streams on Spotify. Must have been very front-loaded. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

she's an independent artist, no payola unlike some others

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

47 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

she's an independent artist, no payola unlike some others

It's understandable but still this number is terrible

• Thanks 1

She's charting 12 songs and has the #1 album on Apple Music US, the platform that matters in this case. Tired of stans citing Spotify numbers, especially global, for artists like her. They always flop, we know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

She's charting 12 songs and has the #1 album on Apple Music US, the platform that matters in this case. Tired of stans citing Spotify numbers, especially global, for artists like her. They always flop, we know.

This isnt even true cause Glorilla for example charts several songs in the US spotify charts despite her project being months old. And Nicki charted like 10 songs from PF2 on Spotify Global the day it dropped.

16 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

This isnt even true cause Glorilla for example charts several songs in the US spotify charts despite her project being months old. And Nicki charted like 10 songs from PF2 on Spotify Global the day it dropped.

Both examples have major label backing. 

Start comparing Meg to independent artists and see how her stats hold up. 

3 hours ago, Stunnah said:

Just looked it up. Released in January and has just 83 million streams on Spotify. Must have been very front-loaded. 

Hiss was front loaded, by whom? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mornings said:

Hiss was front loaded, by whom? 

I don't know who, particularly, loaded it, but the song fell off the Hot 100 after 6 weeks, despite being number one. 

5 minutes ago, ForgottenSoul said:

I mean no real company behind her this is the result. 

She is independent but let's be real. She's not truly independent as she still gets massive support from rocnation

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Her fans still trying to push this "independent" excuse when shes just a flop. :rip:

• Haha 2

I personally can't connect fully to the album and I listened to it twice. There's a few bops that I **** with but as a collective I'm not gonna find myself revisiting. 

Otaku Hot Girl is clearly the standout and I feel like the album needed more of that vibe. All her songs have that same type of feel to it regardless of the production. Even when she does try and switch to a different flow it ends up still sounding "same". 

She's doing what she typically does, at least she's consistent.

However it's time to drop the whole "independent" excuse, Megan's videos give big budgets, and she's managed by Roc Nation and has distribution by Warner Music. How many independent artist can say they're managed by one of the most well known management companies in the industry?

I think the problem with many female rappers is they haven't built an organic relationship with their fans AND a lot of people only support them because they aren't Nicki. And time and time again, it's shown that in the long run it does nothing for their career. 

But because she is "independent" at least she doesn't have to worry about a labels backing if the numbers come in low compared to ROI. I mean goodness, the samples she was able to get must have cost some money + the videos she's released. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

People saying that no other independent artist is signed to Roc Nation, when Tinashe is right there lmao

Edited by TheBoss
  • Like 5

Soooo wait now your warped perspectives are that she's not "really independent" because she made a groundbreaking deal with a management team and distributor? What is the new consensus on what it means to be independent?

IMO as an independent artist, she managed to get a deal with Amazon, have a global #1, release two high budget music videos, and have songs place in the top 100 on their debut DAY. And all of this with minimal promo. So idk she seems to be doing amazing.

45 minutes ago, Stunnah said:

I don't know who, particularly, loaded it, but the song fell off the Hot 100 after 6 weeks, despite being number one. 

its because she gagged EVERYONE and sent Nicki into a K hole SPIRAL for a week. Lmao she started a fire and it burned bright.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.